Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.


View Poll Results: cloning yes or no
yes 11 47.83%
no 12 52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 10-23-2008, 01:45 AM
superdude44's Avatar
superdude44 Offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: hinneon region
Posts: 1,301
Default Re: Cloning

um most of your reason is giving people children.... when we already have so much people. another thing is for the livestock... if you already get stuff on your own it is good, If you wait God will help out and get it. sometimes you should rely on god. not all ways please dont take it that way but sometimes. say you dont have a lot of sheep instead of buying/cloning more. You should trust god he will help you. THATS the whole point of my thread.
__________________
paired with MIS.MEG (Misstres meg)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-23-2008, 03:34 AM
Stubby Boardman's Avatar
Stubby Boardman Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: central standard time zone
Posts: 3,770
Send a message via AIM to Stubby Boardman
Default Re: Cloning

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude44 View Post
um most of your reason is giving people children.... when we already have so much people. another thing is for the livestock... if you already get stuff on your own it is good, If you wait God will help out and get it. sometimes you should rely on God. not all ways please dont take it that way but sometimes. say you dont have a lot of sheep instead of buying/cloning more. You should trust god he will help you. THATS the whole point of my thread.
Yes the planet is over populated but people still want kids. You shouldn't be able to deny the people who want to have a family. God won't always give people things just because they need something. Or how about this God is working through the scientists who would be cloning the livestock. People die from starvation everyday so where was God for those people?
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-23-2008, 02:00 PM
superdude44's Avatar
superdude44 Offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: hinneon region
Posts: 1,301
Default Re: Cloning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoma495 View Post
Yes the planet is over populated but people still want kids. You shouldn't be able to deny the people who want to have a family. God won't always give people things just because they need something. Or how about this God is working through the scientists who would be cloning the livestock. People die from starvation everyday so where was God for those people?
you make it sound bad. Why? Also, the places who need food are the places who don't have or don't get the money to buy cows....etc your problem is with the USA....etc not god.
__________________
paired with MIS.MEG (Misstres meg)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: Cloning

how can you not like cloning? if anything ever happened to you, you can just go to that island where they keep all of our clones and get a limb or organ depending on what you need. They have a copy of your body and could make it so you dont have to go blind, or need a new liver, or blood, or heart.........its like a store for body parts
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-23-2008, 02:14 PM
superdude44's Avatar
superdude44 Offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: hinneon region
Posts: 1,301
Default Re: Cloning

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreal Shadow Tracker View Post
how can you not like cloning? if anything ever happened to you, you can just go to that island where they keep all of our clones and get a limb or organ depending on what you need. They have a copy of your body and could make it so you dont have to go blind, or need a new liver, or blood, or heart.........its like a store for body parts
Listen it is doing the work of god( I'm pretty sure one of my post says why) It isn't right. if god want's you to die because of liver.....etc messed up, than so be it. cloning is bad and untill I get A GOOD answer I don't see how it isn't doing the work of god.
__________________
paired with MIS.MEG (Misstres meg)
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Master Aqua's Avatar
Master Aqua Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,969
Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: Cloning

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude44 View Post
Listen it is doing the work of god( I'm pretty sure one of my post says why) It isn't right. if god want's you to die because of liver.....etc messed up, than so be it. cloning is bad and untill I get A GOOD answer I don't see how it isn't doing the work of god.
LOL work of God? hello please reframe from using that exuse as there are many of us out there who belive in god! If we (the undecided and athisets or non god brelivers) want to clone some animal/human for some special medical purpose and you say no because you say its god will! Well i could not give a hoot you belive and you belive what you belive I refuse to see religous veiws interfer with more medical breakthroughs! through nothing to do with religon the banning of DDT was a huge blunder especially because it was banned on the basisis of unconfirmed evidance while it could kill the anothelse mosquito thus killing off malaria. Such mistakes must never be reapeted again and religon should but out of things or the cure for many deaise will never be found! through lines should be drawen in such matters, they should not be basied on religon they should be based on common scence!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-23-2008, 02:41 PM
superdude44's Avatar
superdude44 Offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: hinneon region
Posts: 1,301
Default Re: Cloning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malomyotismon View Post
LOL work of God? hello please reframe from using that exuse as there are many of us out there who belive in god! If we (the undecided and athisets or non god brelivers) want to clone some animal/human for some special medical purpose and you say no because you say its god will! Well i could not give a hoot you belive and you belive what you belive I refuse to see religous veiws interfer with more medical breakthroughs! through nothing to do with religon the banning of DDT was a huge blunder especially because it was banned on the basisis of unconfirmed evidance while it could kill the anothelse mosquito thus killing off malaria. Such mistakes must never be reapeted again and religon should but out of things or the cure for many deaise will never be found! through lines should be drawen in such matters, they should not be basied on religon they should be based on common scence!
I laughed lol. religion IS IMPORTANT, if you think not why do we say"In god we trust" huh? I think it was you abou the thing of Obama, but this is important to me, I want give in. please explain more about why us religous folks should but out?
__________________
paired with MIS.MEG (Misstres meg)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Master Aqua's Avatar
Master Aqua Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,969
Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: Cloning

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude44 View Post
I laughed lol. religion IS IMPORTANT, if you think not why do we say"In god we trust" huh? I think it was you abou the thing of Obama, but this is important to me, I want give in. please explain more about why us religous folks should but out?
No religon has nothing to do in the matter, basically if you belive it's wrong due to your religous faith then take no part in it do not clone do not support it, but do not try to hold back other people who do not belive in such things just on a religous bassis, it's not fair and if we want to endue in stem cell research we can, and you have problems with it to do with religon, just do not recive anything that may come off it eg deaise cure or take part in it.


Even if god dose exit and there really is a hell, i would rather die and burn in the fires of hell in the most painful way possible rather than miss an opertunity like this to be able to potentially save millions of lives!



the reason by reliogous people should but out is because people have diffrent belives and if we the aitheist and the undecide want to do things that counter those belifs but are not hideous things like what hitler did to the jew then it's fine and relgion has no right interfer!

Last edited by Master Aqua; 10-23-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-23-2008, 03:04 PM
superdude44's Avatar
superdude44 Offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: hinneon region
Posts: 1,301
Default Re: Cloning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malomyotismon View Post
No religon has nothing to do in the matter, basically if you belive it's wrong due to your religous faith then take no part in it do not clone do not support it, but do not try to hold back other people who do not belive in such things just on a religous bassis, it's not fair and if we want to endue in stem cell research we can, and you have problems with it to do with religon, just do not recive anything that may come off it eg deaise cure or take part in it.


Even if god dose exit and there really is a hell, i would rather die and burn in the fires of hell in the most painful way possible rather than miss an opertunity like this to be able to potentially save millions of lives!



the reason by reliogous people should but out is because people have diffrent belives and if we the aitheist and the undecide want to do things that counter those belifs but are not hideous things like what hitler did to the jew then it's fine and relgion has no right interfer!
Why did you post here? Is it not the same reason why I posted it? I wanted to know why, you think it is right. Basically no one given me a fair answer it is repeated, No answer. It is for kids, wich I will shoot down in a minute, and food. first, of all the child will be a clone wich, if you searched down the dude/female, they would be exactly the same, Who wants a kid who has a twin that may not be related? Also, you are suposed to be one of a kind diffrent, themselfs, it's just not right, and me and PCHU(when he gets home from school) will prove.
__________________
paired with MIS.MEG (Misstres meg)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: Cloning

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude44 View Post
Why did you post here? Is it not the same reason why I posted it? I wanted to know why, you think it is right. Basically no one given me a fair answer it is repeated, No answer. It is for kids, wich I will shoot down in a minute, and food. first, of all the child will be a clone wich, if you searched down the dude/female, they would be exactly the same, Who wants a kid who has a twin that may not be related? Also, you are suposed to be one of a kind diffrent, themselfs, it's just not right, and me and PCHU(when he gets home from school) will prove.
this is really going no where, you both are only ever going to believe what you already believe...this is pointless, something to think about though if you ever eaten any fast food in your life they youve eaten a cloned animal. Which if cloning is evil then helping the cause is just as evil.
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Master Aqua's Avatar
Master Aqua Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,969
Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: Cloning

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude44 View Post
Why did you post here? Is it not the same reason why I posted it? I wanted to know why, you think it is right. Basically no one given me a fair answer it is repeated, No answer. It is for kids, wich I will shoot down in a minute, and food. first, of all the child will be a clone wich, if you searched down the dude/female, they would be exactly the same, Who wants a kid who has a twin that may not be related? Also, you are suposed to be one of a kind diffrent, themselfs, it's just not right, and me and PCHU(when he gets home from school) will prove.
What you do with your own body is your right, that what is created by cloning is a clone, is you a complete 100% replica of you, your own deoxyribose nuclic acid (DNA), if you want to kill off the clone to save yourself you are in fact killling a part of your self to save another. Like dolly the sheep, she is not really a new being in her own right, she is the same being as her mother, they share the same cells they are one only seprate they both have sperate minds wich under the exact same curcimstances think the same thing act the same way, do the same actions. In all honesty it dose not seem at all right to create a clone just to kill it, but in all honesty that clone is reallty the same person who it's created to save wich it is at heart.


If you had the magical ability to regeneated and split your self in 2 and then regenerate it's the exact same thing as in cloning, the clone3 has the eaxct sam DNA with the same damage after creation all will still have if both could be exposed to the same curimstances. i belive this point sums up thing quite nciely and cannot be argued properly against.



If peole want to creat little baby clones of them selve fine, but if you are going to use them to heal your self make sure they are not formed before that happens because if you never made the clone in the first place, it would never exist so at heart why not do it? It's like abortion in some respects.





Edit unreal shadow tracter lo, cloning for fast food is by far no beter than the crulty of facty farmming is at the moment, to be frank it's horrific.

Last edited by Master Aqua; 10-23-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-23-2008, 03:24 PM
faceplant527's Avatar
faceplant527 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: -.-
Posts: 1,202
Send a message via AIM to faceplant527 Send a message via Yahoo to faceplant527
Default Re: Cloning

you have to know wat your talking about first of all.

human and animal clonning: not a fan.

plant clonning: huge fan (might be wat i want to be when iam older)

we will need to depend more and more on plants and we may have a shortage as global warming and things of that nature happen. we need to neitrients and everything from plants. we will need to make new plants and keep the plants we have.

i knew you were talking about animal so i chose no.
__________________


| Links | RIP Ryan |



マンチェスターユナイテッド

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Master Aqua's Avatar
Master Aqua Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,969
Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: Cloning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malomyotismon View Post
What you do with your own body is your right, that what is created by cloning is a clone, is you a complete 100% replica of you, your own deoxyribose nuclic acid (DNA), if you want to kill off the clone to save yourself you are in fact killling a part of your self to save another. Like dolly the sheep, she is not really a new being in her own right, she is the same being as her mother, they share the same cells they are one only seprate they both have sperate minds wich under the exact same curcimstances think the same thing act the same way, do the same actions. In all honesty it dose not seem at all right to create a clone just to kill it, but in all honesty that clone is reallty the same person who it's created to save wich it is at heart.


If you had the magical ability to regeneated and split your self in 2 and then regenerate it's the exact same thing as in cloning, the clone3 has the eaxct sam DNA with the same damage after creation all will still have if both could be exposed to the same curimstances. i belive this point sums up thing quite nciely and cannot be argued properly against.



If peole want to creat little baby clones of them selve fine, but if you are going to use them to heal your self make sure they are not formed before that happens because if you never made the clone in the first place, it would never exist so at heart why not do it? It's like abortion in some respects.





Edit unreal shadow tracter lo, cloning for fast food is by far no beter than the crulty of facty farmming is at the moment, to be frank it's horrific.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faceplant527 View Post
you have to know wat your talking about first of all.

human and animal clonning: not a fan.

plant clonning: huge fan (might be wat i want to be when iam older)

we will need to depend more and more on plants and we may have a shortage as global warming and things of that nature happen. we need to neitrients and everything from plants. we will need to make new plants and keep the plants we have.

i knew you were talking about animal so i chose no.
That is true, animal cloning can be a bad thing if they just make clones of animals like the beligan blue cow wich has so much musscle on it it has to give birth by sesrian section and then stuff them in a doppy inhame factory farm, these thing sdo have feelings
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: Cloning

Im also for human cloning, well i guess it denpends what its for. Its not like in the movies where the clone comes out of a mechine. A human clone is no different then a normal human , it is created the same way. The child has to be born, and its more like gene tampering then cloning. The person that comes out only shares the same genes, other then that its it own person....i made a joke to about the movie the island earlier because we really dont have a right to create something just to harvest it. Unless what where doing is cloning organs, something that helps the already sick.

What we do to animals is more messed up then anything thats ever been done in history. I gave up eating turkey last year after finding out what they do to them, like de beaking them...
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Master Aqua's Avatar
Master Aqua Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,969
Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: Cloning

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreal Shadow Tracker View Post
Im also for human cloning, well i guess it denpends what its for. Its not like in the movies where the clone comes out of a mechine. A human clone is no different then a normal human , it is created the same way. The child has to be born, and its more like gene tampering then cloning. The person that comes out only shares the same genes, other then that its it own person....i made a joke to about the movie the island earlier because we really dont have a right to create something just to harvest it. Unless what where doing is cloning organs, something that helps the already sick.

What we do to animals is more messed up then anything thats ever been done in history. I gave up eating turkey last year after finding out what they do to them, like de beaking them...
There nohng wrong with the old way they raised animals, you know the breed chiken let them run about a farm fatten them up and then eat them, thats life and avoids said chickens being torn appart by foxes and such like (most of the time). But due to supply and demand factory farming and obsence breeding has occoured. cloning animals would just leave an other oppening for inuhame trerwatement, unless laws are made.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com