Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 06-15-2005, 05:40 PM
Thomas-san Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Thomas-san Send a message via MSN to Thomas-san
Default Quick Reply

Is there a reson that this forum does not use the Quick Reply feature. It makes posing so much quicker and it helps people who have dial up not have to load a whole other page just to post.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:54 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku
Default Re: Quick Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphros23
Is there a reson that this forum does not use the Quick Reply feature. It makes posing so much quicker and it helps people who have dial up not have to load a whole other page just to post.
I believe the main reason was that the Quick Reply box causes the actual thread page to load slower. Although it cuts time loading the true replying page, it slows down those who like to use the full features of the true replying page.

It was discussed before, and QR wasn't added to the forum, although unless you post twice every minute, a few extra seconds of loading a page would make no difference whatsoever to be honest.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 06-15-2005, 05:57 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

I wouldn't mind seeing at least one layout that has QR, since I'm on cable, so the loss of a milisecond in internet loading is preferable to clicking and leading to a new page just to post :p
Old 06-15-2005, 05:59 PM
Thomas-san Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Thomas-san Send a message via MSN to Thomas-san

Well as said above. Maybe one layout could have QR. You guys have alot of layouts so one that has QR wouldn't hurt. But hey...it isn't that much of a hastle. I was just thinking of convenience.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:43 PM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to MystiKal Send a message via MSN to MystiKal Send a message via Yahoo to MystiKal

I wouldn't mind having the quick reply feature since it doesn't effect my internet speed it would work great if it was for one of the skins.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Smurf Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Smurf Send a message via MSN to Smurf Send a message via Yahoo to Smurf

I always enjoy QR on other forums. Always wondered why we didn't have it here. =P I'd like to see it too.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

I'd prefer Quick Reply for one or two skins too. I type in Sienna, so I'd either have to go advanced, or type out the colouring. Besides, I think the QR makes the pages a little uglier. =P So yeah, for a few skins for those who prefer QR, and not for other skins for people who like it without QR, like me.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 06-15-2005, 10:34 PM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt

I don't mind it. Have whoever made the buttons to make us a nice little button with a Ninjask, or something else really fast. I have OSX with cable, so I'm fine when it comes to speed. I think it's a great idea to add it.
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.