Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:35 AM
Mithstar Offline

Default Re: Pokémon, Land & Sea

Hey! I'm also following the story, so you've got one more fan. :)
"I know about people who talk about suffering for the common good. It's never bloody them! When you hear a man shouting "Forward, brave comrades!" you'll see he's the one behind the bloody big rock and wearing the only really arrow-proof helmet!"
- Terry Pratchett, "Interesting Times"
Old 10-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Poké-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithstar View Post
Hey! I'm also following the story, so you've got one more fan. :)
That's cool, man
It's just better when pople tell that they're following it, as it gives the author a reason to write on Anyways, I'll complete chapter 08 now...
Old 10-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Poké-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

CHAPTER 08: Got Ya!
Jimmy saw Eevee’s deep wound, and then starred angry at Nidoran, who starred back even angrier. They had entered its territory! Now, Nidoran ran towards Jimmy. “FOCK OFF!” Jimmy yelled, as he also ran towards Nidoran. Jimmy kicked Nidoran, and being as small as it was, it was sent flying even further than it sent Eevee flying! Now, Jimmy turned his attention to Eevee. With a potion, he could heal the wound, but there was still poison from Nidoran inside of Eevee! “I will have to go to the center when we get to Viridian… What a sh1tty start on our journey! But first…” Jimmy said, and then, he threw a Pokeball at the damaged Nidoran. It was weak, and without much opposition, the Pokeball took over, effectively capturing Nidoran inside of it. “Got ya!” Jimmy said, as he picked the Pokeball up and into his backpack. “Eevee, you have to enter your Pokeball right now” Jimmy said, and called it back. Then, he started running towards Viridian City as fast as he could!

He arrived at the Pokémon center, and it was a matter of time before both Nidoran and Eevee were completely healed. “Your Eevee is level 4 and your Nidoran level 5… I suppose that you’re a new trainer?” Joy asked. “Yeah, I just caught Nidoran” Jimmy answered. “In that case, I suggest that for now, you don’t challenge Giovanni, the leader of the Viridian GYM. He is the most powerful of the GYM leaders of Kanto, and the level of his Pokémons are many times that of your own” Joy said.

“I suppose that I should stay away from him for now, then… But what was that level stuff you talked about before?” Jimmy asked. “The level of a Pokémon is the body indications of how much it’s been trained. It don’t necessarily mean how powerful a Pokémon is. Level 100 is the absolutely highest, as the Pokémon’s muscles should have stimulated to a degree where further training would be pointless. Your Pokémon would not get better by training from that point on. However, level 100 is a training indicator, not a power indicator. Two Pikachus might both be level 100, and one of them could be twice or thrice as powerful as the other, depending on what training they have been given”. “I see… Thanks for the help” Jimmy answered. “No problem” Joy smiled.

Outside of the center, Jimmy first let Eevee out of its ball. “Are you feeling alright, homie?” Jimmy asked. Eevee nodded with a smile. “Now, for my first caught Pokémon ever…” Jimmy said in excitement and let Nidoran out of its Pokeball. Being defeated, Nidoran looked into the ground in humiliation. “Chill out, man, let’s just be friends” Jimmy suggested. Eevee tried patting Nidoran on the back, resulting in Nidoran growling, scaring Eevee away. “Yo, I got an idea…” Jimmy said, as he pulled the bag of candy out from his backpack. “There is circa 20 pieces of this… I’ll give both of you 10 each, and then, we are all friends, airght?” Jimmy suggested. Nidoran calmed down, and Eevee smiled. Jimmy then gave both of them 10 pieces of candy each. “Seems there was 21 pieces… Well, one for myself!” Jimmy said, and ate the last piece. “EWW! This taste like sh1t! But obviously, you guys like it” Jimmy said, as he saw both Nidoran and Eevee enjoying theirs.

“Well, well… If that ain’t Jimmy from the ol’ hood” a voice said. Jimmy turned around. “Garret… Long time no see” Jimmy said. He and Garret used to be best friends, but they hadn’t seen each other for nearly 4 years. Garret was also a fighter and thief like Jimmy, but he only got his license pushed to age 13 before he stopped his childish opposition of the law. Garret had then gone out on his Pokémon journey, and nearly 4 years later, the two old friends meet again…

Last edited by Poké-Flem; 10-21-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:20 PM
heoto Offline
Amateur Trainer

yo been ready it from begining just always forgot to post to say good job and keep up the good work its awesome.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Poké-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heoto View Post
yo been ready it from begining just always forgot to post to say good job and keep up the good work its awesome.
Thnx, it's all cool, man.
Tomorrow is a sunday, so don't be surprised if I might actually get 3 chapters up! I would like to work on it tonight, but I gotta go to a party
Old 10-18-2008, 05:36 PM
heoto Offline
Amateur Trainer

woot woot party it up i can wait 3 chapies on sunday can't wait.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:55 AM
Poké-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

Sorry I couldn't get the 3 chaps up, but I had a terrible headache after the party :( Now, Imma do ma thing!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Poké-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

CHAPTER 09: Humiliation
“So… What are you doing in Viridian?” Jimmy asked. “I got 7 badges. Giovanni, the 8th GYM leader, lives here in Viridian City, at the GYM. When I defeat him and get the 8th badge, I will have access to the Elite 4 Trial. If I beat the Elite 4, I get my shot at the Kanto Champion in a title match” Garret answered. “That’s all cool, homie” Jimmy said. “Homie?” Garret asked. “Yeah?” Jimmy answered. Garret started laughing.

“Yo, what’s yo prob?” Jimmy asked. “We are not homies. I am the coming champion, and you are a 17 years old with weaker Pokémon than most 12 years old trainers. I’m too good for you” Garret answered. “SHUT THE FOCK UP!” Jimmy answered, and having lost his common sense in rage, he tried to punch Garret. Garret stepped out of reach very quickly, and made a well-placed kick at Jimmy’s solar plexus. Jimmy broke to the ground, not being able to breathe. “I’ve learned a thing or two, both as a trainer and as a fighter… Instead of fighting me, which is pointless, why don’t we try a Pokémon battle? Of course, that would be more pointless, but maybe, you could warm me up before my battle against Giovanni?”.

“F-fine with me!” Jimmy said, gasping for his breath. With a smile, Garret released a Charizard. It was tall and mighty, and obviously more trained than Jimmy’s Pokémon. “Fock the size! We will fockin’ kill that thing!” Jimmy yelled. “Are you sure about that?” Garret taunted. “YEAH! Right, guys?” Jimmy said, looking at Eevee and Nidoran. Both of them were obviously scared, not wanting to fight. “Sure you aren’t chicking out?” Garret taunted. Jimmy was frustrated. He would obviously lose this battle, but his pride made it impossible for him to just let down the challenge! But his Pokémon just weren’t ready for this kind of battle… He couldn’t do this to them. Against a powerful foe like Charizard, they could risk dying.

“I… Can’t fight you. I’m not ready yet” Jimmy said, looking into the ground in humiliation. Garret started laughing hysterically. “Shut up!” Jimmy yelled, with tears of anger down his cheeks. “Aww, don’t go all mad, Jimmy-boy. It’s all fine to bow down to your superiors. Now, come on. For old friendships sake, watch me battle Giovanni. Maybe, you will learn something when two REAL trainers go all out” Garret taunted. “Yes” Jimmy said, not knowing what else to say. Garret called his Charizard back, and Jimmy called Nidoran back. Garret walked towards the Viridian GYM, which wasn’t far behind them, and Jimmy and Eevee were just behind him.

They walked for 3 minutes before they stood in front of the massive gate. Next to the gate, there was a phone on the wall. Garret walked over to it and pressed a button. “I wish to battle with Giovanni”. With that, the gate opened. Jimmy felt so weak, as he watched Garret proudly walk into the GYM, ready to get a step closer towards the champion title…
Old 10-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Poké-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

CHAPTER 10: Garret vs. Giovanni
Inside of the GYM, there was a massive, flat arena. “Ah, Garret… I heard about you from Koga. He was very confident that you could beat me” a voice said. “Koga is the only tough GYM leader I have fought so far… Even more than Blaine and Sabrina, despite popular belief. If he said so, then I’m very confident in turning out victorious” Garret answered. “Let’s find out, young one” the voice said, and from a shadow on the other side of the arena (it was a pretty dark room), Giovanni stepped forth.

“We will use 3 Pokémon each. As the challenger, you should choose your Pokémon first” Giovanni said. Garret smiled, and then, he threw his Pokeball. As it landed on the arena, a Muk was released. “Charming… Go, Persian” Giovanni said, and released a Persian. Jimmy was silent, feeling like he wasn’t there. This was between Giovanni and Garret.

“Persian, Thunderbolt!” Giovanni yelled, and in less than a second, Persian had released a massive amount of electricity. As it connected with Muk’s body, Muk yelled in pain. “Muk, Screech!” Garret yelled. Muk made a weird scream, and Persian’s electricity stopped. “To us, the screech technique might just be a sound… To Pokémon, the sound brings unbearable pain to their ears” Garret said. Giovanni said nothing. Persian had a hard time standing on its legs, suffering. And Muk had a hard time staying focused after the electric attack. But something was wrong… Muk also seemed to have pain in the ears! “Seems like Muk is affected by the screech, too” Giovanni said. Both Muk and Persian were in pain. So was Jimmy’s Eevee. “Eevee, into your Pokeball” Jimmy said, and as said, as done. “Muk, if Persian uses one more of those thunderbolts, the battle is over! Use Memento, quickly!” Garret said. Suddenly, a red light spread from Muk’s body, connecting Persian and Muk. With that, Muk fainted. Garret called Muk into its Pokeball.

“Now, your Persian will be no problem!” Garret said. Garret threw his Pokeball again, releasing a Cloyster. “Using a water Pokémon? You already forgot about Thunderbolt?” Giovanni taunted. Persian was ready to battle on now. “Persian, punish his stupidity! Thunderbolt!” Giovanni said. Just like it hit Muk, the electricity now hit Cloyster! But it did no damage… “Muk used memento, a technique that knocks the user out, but seriously weakens the opponent for a short while. Even if I use a water Pokémon, your electricity is too weak to harm it!” Garret said. “Cloyster, Earthquake!” Garret yelled. Cloyster jumped high into the air (even with no legs), and slammed hard into the ground! The whole GYM shaked, and Persian had a hard time keeping its balance, due to the weakened muscles. “Now, tackle!” Garret said, and with a surprising speed, Cloyster slammed its body into Persian. The shaking of the GYM stopped and Persian now lied on the ground, unconscious. Giovanni called it back into its Pokeball. “Impressive… But I have seen through your pattern” Giovanni taunted. “Oh yeah?” Garret asked.

“My secret element is Ground. And to counter Ground, you have to use Water, Grass or Ice. Koga must have told you that I always use a Persian as my first Pokémon, and that my Persian, besides being my strongest Pokémon, posses both Flamethrower and Thunderbolt to counter my three weaknesses. Knowing you would not have a Pokémon who could defeat Persian, you instead sacrificed your Muk to make my Persian’s defeat possible. And now, with my Persian out of the way, and you having a water Pokémon on the field, you expect me to be a fish on land…” Giovanni said with a smile.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Poké-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

CHAPTER 11: Giovanni’s New Strategy
“Yes, Koga did tell me about your way of dueling. He said that only few would be able to face you without knowledge on your style, and be able to leave the battle victorious” Garret said. “Yes. Now, how would I defeat your water Pokémon if all of my team, except for Persian, is Ground?” Giovanni asked. “You can’t?” Garret suggested. Giovanni just smiled.

He threw a Pokeball, releasing a Rhydon. “And you were supposed to be the strongest GYM leader… Cloyster, knock that ground brick out with Bubble Beam” Garret said. Cloyster blew fast and flashy bubbles out of its mouth, all streaming towards Rhydon at great speed. “Rhydon, pop those bubbles” Giovanni said, like he had no worries in the world. As the bubbles were about to connect with Rhydon’s massive body, a shield of electricity surrounded Rhydon, destroying every bubble that made contact. “WHAT THE HELL!?” Garret yelled, “Koga told some of my previous opponents about my strategy, and through hard training, I did the impossible… This Rhydon is now a better master of electricity than most electric Pokémon!” Giovanni said. “Damn… This battle isn’t going as expected…” Garret said to himself.

“Cloyster, HYDRO PUMP!” Garret yelled. “Rhydon, ZAP CANNON!” Giovanni yelled. As the little, but extremely powerful ball of electricity crossed Cloyster’s brutal water blast, both Rhydon and Cloyster were hit by their opponent’s powerful attacks. Both took enormous damage, and lost their balance. But were they unconscious?

Both Giovanni and Garret yelled for their Pokémon to get up. Jimmy was completely hypnotized by this epic battle. All those powerful Pokémon being used, all those powerful attacks being used… But he inertly wished for Garret to lose this battle.

After struggling, Rhydon finally managed to stand up. “Rhydon, go finish that thing of” Giovanni said. Being slowed down by the damage, Rhydon slowly moved towards Cloyster. “Let’s finish this with a bang… THUNDER!” Giovanni yelled. “I don’t think so… Cloyster, EXPLOSION!” Garret yelled. BOOM! One enormous explosion shook the GYM even more than Cloyster’s Earthquake did previously! Jimmy was in shock, and could barely stand on his legs, but both Garret and Giovanni were strictly focused on the match. As the air became clear, both Cloyster and Rhydon were obviously unconscious, with a massive crater in the ground beneath them.

“You’re good at suicide techniques… Are you from the middle eastern regions?” Giovanni laughed, as he called Rhydon back into its Pokeball. “No… But rather draw than defeat” Garret smiled, as he called his Cloyster back. “Now, it’s time for our last Pokémon to fight… If you posses a Water, Ice or Grass Pokémon, I will lose this battle, seeing as my next Ground Pokémon do not posses any electric attacks” Giovanni said in a cold tone. “I do not posses any of such Pokémon… But I’m confident in my victory. Prepare yourself for my most powerful Pokémon!” Garret said. The battle was nearing its end!
Old 10-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Poké-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

CHAPTER 12: Blast Burn!
Garret released his Charizard, and Giovanni released a Nidoqueen. “Well, if THIS isn’t lucky… My Nidoqueen just happens to posses water attacks!” Giovanni laughed. “And…?” Garret asked with no worry. “You don’t know my Charizard. When we visited Boon Island, I learned a technique that I’m pretty sure you’ve never heard of before… Due to Persian’s speed, it would be too risky to try and beat it using it. But against this much slower Nidoqueen, well… This battle will be short. Charizard, BLAST BURN!” Garret yelled.

Charizard opened its mouth, and released a massive ball of fire. “Nidoqueen, Hydro Pump!” Giovanni yelled. Nidoqueen made a massive water blast, but the blast barely connected with the massive fire wall before it dehydrated! The fireball hit Nidoqueen with great force. Not only did it push Nidoqueen 5 meters backwards, Nidoqueen was also on massively hot fire, screaming in pain! Giovanni couldn’t believe his eyes. “Call it back now, or it will die” Garret said in a cold tone. “Nidoqueen, return!” Giovanni said, calling burning Nidoqueen into his Pokeball. Giovanni was extremely angry.

“When Blast Burn connects… Blast Burn destroys” Garret said. Jimmy couldn’t believe how great a battle he just had seen! Even if fascinated, it made him sad. He was so far from Garret and Giovanni’s level… “Take your badge and get out” Giovanni said, throwing the badge across the arena. Garret grabbed it. “Don’t be a bad loser. I’m the coming champ, after all”. That was the last provocation that Garret gave Giovanni before he and Jimmy left the GYM.

“I will go to the Pokémon center now and get my Pokémon healed… I’m ready for the Elite 4 Trial” Garret said. “See ya, then” Jimmy said, feeling kinda relieved that Garret would leave. “See ya? Didn’t you see what just happened? You will never catch up to me, Jimmy” Garret said, turned his back on Jimmy and left him. Jimmy was silent. “By the way… The same place where I learned advanced karate, I was given this useless thing…” Garret said, threw a Pokeball over his shoulder, and kept walking towards the center.

Jimmy didn’t know what to say or what to do. But what Pokémon was inside of the Pokeball that Garret left behind?
Old 10-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Poké-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

*phew*... 4 chapters up in a day.

The next few chapters will be about the Pokémon that Garret left behind, and the journey through Viridian Forest, which will focus a lot on Nidoran.

However, expect only 2-3 chapters in the coming days, as I'm slowing it down a little.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:57 PM
LugiaAeroBlast Offline
Banned

youve got another fan, great story its quite well written and has an excellent storyline
Old 10-21-2008, 10:00 AM
Poké-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaAeroBlast View Post
youve got another fan, great story its quite well written and has an excellent storyline
Thnx :) With more fans, it's cooler to write on, if ya know what I mean? To get some opinions, predictions on what's going to happen, etc.

I actually made the story so that it left a lot of questions.

What's with Oak, Eevee and Pavison? What's it all about?
What Pokémon did Garret leave behind, and what's wrong with it?
Why did a lot of weird stuff lie in Jimmy's basement? And what was that white rock?
What's with Koga and Giovanni? What's their conflict?
What truely happened to Jimmy's dad? Is he dead?
Among others.

New questions will constantly come up, while older questions is answered. Those who keep on reading will be surprised a lot of times, especially when Jimmy arrives in Saffron City. Unlike the Pokémon anime, this whole story was planned before I started writing, and it got a ending :)

All the stuff that happened up to now is all a part of Saga 1, and there are 4 Sagas.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

snap, tahts a lot of chapters O_O SOmeone's been busy. Good job with it, though.