Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Old 06-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Sky Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Sky Girl Send a message via MSN to Sky Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Sky Girl
Question Cloning Question

Could someone remind me of the code for cloning pokemon and items? and does it only work on gameboy advanced?
Old 06-14-2005, 11:10 PM
Deoxysfan Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: Cloning Question

UM I can't help you untill you tell me what game it is.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:58 PM
Sky Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Sky Girl Send a message via MSN to Sky Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Sky Girl

Sorry. it's silver version.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:13 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

Deoxys: The trick is more or less the same no matter which version you do it in, even RBY vs GSC...

Duplication: Deposit a pokemon into the PC. Switch boxes. It asks you to save, so save. When the text goes "Saving... don't turn off the power", turn it off, and then back on again. If you time it right, you'd have the pokemon in your party, and ALSO in the PC. The timing's much more difficult in Crystal, so I'm told, but yeah, that's pretty much it. (Of course, if the poke holds an item, it's duplicated as well)

- Mandatory disclaimer: May corrupt save data ;o
Old 06-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Thomas-san Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Thomas-san Send a message via MSN to Thomas-san

Yeah that is a really good trick. I copied my lv. 70 meganium like 5 times and beat the elite 4 with ti.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlugia
The timing's much more difficult in Crystal, so I'm told, but yeah, that's pretty much it.
Actually, it doesn't work at all in Crystal, but you're fine with Silver. Also, it has never caused problems to my saved game.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 06-15-2005, 08:47 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

Sure it does. I cloned my Chansey with it once. Too bad I timed it wrong, so it didn't duplicate the held item >_>

Timing's hard, but doable... eventually.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

You must be confused with an other game. I'm sure it doesn't work in Crystal.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 06-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Sky Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I have heard of the code before I just forgot it. But don't u have to like switch to a specific box (box 6 i think)?
still, nobody has answered the question as to whether or not it only works with gameboy advance. cause I tried it once with gameboy color, did the same thing as my brother, and it would never work. (he used advanced).
a few days later my save file corrupted and I was wondering if that had anything to do with it. Someone else on another thread had the same thing happen to them. they didn't say anything about trying the code though.

oh and to Loyal Arcanine- my bother has crystal version and he's used the code tons. but then he couldn't get to work any more. i think he just got the timing wrong.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:50 PM
Princess Serenity Offline
New Trainer

Emm does this work on ruby and saphire?

My Sailor Moon club!
We need more members, so if you love Sailor Moon we are looking for a :
Sailor Venus, Sailor Chibi Moon, Sailor Neptune, A Sailor Star or your fan Char!
So pm me for details!
Old 06-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

Me and my brother used to always clone stuff in our Silver and gold versions. one of the best tricks that can eliminate timing problems is to save your game before going into your PC. When you turn the game back on you will either be in front of the PC or where you saved. Just go into the PC to find the clone. This has never failed for me or my brother

AlsoPrincess Serenity I have only heard of it working on Gold Siver and I thought it worked on Crystal Version( which my brother has but it was screwed up after going through wash and is impossible to save)

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:46 AM
ball Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to ball Send a message via MSN to ball

To stop the timing problems... yust turn it of at the word saving, not later. It will still dublicate, but then the chanse of the wrong timing is decrased.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Sky Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I practiced cloning pokemon and items and i found that sometimes it looks like it didn't clone the item but it actually did. see i timed it wrong and there was a pokemon in the pc and one in my party, but the one in my party didn't have an item but the one in the pc did. what i didn't relize was that there was another of the item in my pack. so when i tried cloning my masterball and i didn't time it just right i'd look in my pack and find that it did clone the item the pokemon just wasn't holding it. pretty cool huh.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:21 PM
ball Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to ball Send a message via MSN to ball

nothing cool, and nothing wrong with the timing... you yust saved, with the mon with no item... then you gave it the item, and made the cheat.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Sky Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ball
nothing cool, and nothing wrong with the timing... you yust saved, with the mon with no item... then you gave it the item, and made the cheat.
what? i didn't understand a word u just said.