Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Sky Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Sky Girl Send a message via MSN to Sky Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Sky Girl
Question Espeon Evolution

Someone please help me. How do you evolve Evee into Espeon? I've heard several different ways but most of them don't seem to work.

By the way-
My current team is:
Typhlosion Lv. 48 (Quick Attack, Leer, Swift, Flamewheel)
Ampharos Lv. 45 (Tackle, Thunderpunch, Thundershock, Thunderwave)
Quagsire Lv. 43 (Earthquake, Tail Whip, Slam, Surf)
Haunter Lv. 41 (Hypnosis, Nightshade, Curse, Dreameater)
Noctowl Lv. 41 (Takedown, Hypnosis, Fly, Confusion)
Furret Lv. 40 (Slam, Rest, Quickattack, Furyswipes)

What do u think?
Old 06-14-2005, 02:39 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan
Default Re: Espeon Evolution

It evolves by Tameness during the day. Keep it in your party, battle with it, don't feed it bitter food, give it things to hold.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Sky Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Sky Girl Send a message via MSN to Sky Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Sky Girl

What do u mean "Tameness"? How wil I know when it's about to evolve?
also I read that if you take it to this "Happiness Center" and pay $500 then level it up during the day it'll evolve. can't find the "happiness center".
or get its attack and defense equal and level up during the day. that's what I did to evolve Tyrogue into Hitmontop.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

Use it a lot during the day. And there is no such thing as The Happiness Center. Check it's mood...if it's really happy it should evolve soon.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:01 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

Pokemon all have a tameness value that is associated with them. Eevee should have 70 when you first get it, and by the time it reaches 218ish, it'd be ready to evolve. The EASIEST way, but the most expensive, is to invest in vitamins. Give it lots of Protein, Carbos etc. and it'd evolve for sure after 1 level up. This takes considerable cost though...

The second easiest, though time consuming (BUT FREE!) way is to head to Goldenrod's radio tower, 1st floor. Head to the stairwell, and then tape down the UP button on the gameboy, so you'd walk an infinite loop. Radio tower won't receive any calls, btw, so you'd never stop walking. Great for hatching eggs and raising tameness (Value raises by 1 per 256 steps taken while being in your party.) Though this takes considerable time, so you'd want to leave the gameboy on overnight or something as opposed to holding on to it and such.

Finally, the most common way is just to battle/go through the game with it. Its tameness does raise when leveling up, though if you level up too much it'd never get to learn Espeon's moves...

Key to keeping the tameness is not to let it faint. Each time it faints, it loses tameness, which is bad if it hasn't evolved yet (though after it does, it doesn't really matter. Espeon's Return power is crap).

Happiness? Goldenrod's haircut brothers is great at raising happiness. And if you unlocked Kanto, Blue's Sister in Pallet Town also gives your pokemon a pampering daily between 3-4pm. So do that =)

Edit: Checking tameness is easy. Goldenrod lady living right next to the bike shop tells you what your lead pokemon's happiness value is. You want to reach at LEAST "I get the feeling it really trusts you" (200-249). Any higher than 249, it'd be "It looks really happy! It must love you a lot!"

Basically, if you get the first line, you're pretty close, if not eligible for evolution. Just make sure the leveling up is during the DAYTIME, otherwise you get Umbreon (which in its own right is a great tank)

Last edited by mlugia; 06-14-2005 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:36 AM
Sky Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I have three questions for u, mlugia.
#1. Is there a level between "It's quite cute" and "I get the feeling it really trusts you"?
#2. What kind of batteries do you use because I don't think mine will last all night?
#3. About how many days/nights of having the up button taped down will it take before she says "I get the feeling it really trusts you"?
Old 06-15-2005, 02:19 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

I have a battery pack (Brother's GBA, his pack too), and that lasts ~4-6 hours before dying. So if I do that, I'd prolly do that during the day, when I'm watching TV or something :p

Point wise, you get +1 tameness every 256 steps, so it'd take quite awhile. Though on a rom when you hold down the speedup key, it takes only a few minutes, eh heh.

Quote from pokefor.tk:

250-255 It looks really happy! It must love you a lot.
200-249 I get the feeling that it really trusts you.
150-199 It's friendly towards you. It looks sort of happy.
100-149 It's quite cute.
50-99 You should treat it better. It's not used to you. 0-49 It doesn't seem to like you at all. It looks mean.

That's the levels of tameness. so you're still quite a bit to go, I guess.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:49 PM
Sky Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Actually, I tried what you said and left it on overnight. The batteries lasted pretty good. I was surprised. When I took it to that lady this morning she said "I get the feeling it really trusts you" (I got its hair cut yesterday and today) then I raised it one level but it didn't evolve. Just to let you know, it's at Lv. 25.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:53 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Congrats! Keep in mind Evolution happens at 218, which is between 200-249. So while trusting you is a good thing, it means you might be missing a few more points, but almost there =)
Old 06-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

Hey you, mlugia. Who do you think you are?! Don't double post! And please don't eat my kids.

j/k.

EDIT: OMG! Mana you're a mod! Now back to being a GMod. =P What's your section?

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Last edited by Loyal Arcanine; 06-15-2005 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:01 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Just pokemon games, since I actually frequent these forums :p
Old 06-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

Aha, ok. Congratulations!

*Adds words to cross the minimum, so the new/old mod won't get mad at me =P*

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 06-15-2005, 03:10 PM
Sky Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Ok u guys are really getting off the subject.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:15 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Apologies, things like this happen from time to time, intentionally or otherwise.

(Got Espy?)
Old 06-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Sky Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Yep. Thanks a lot for helping me get espeon. I've really been wanting one.
Closed Thread