Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:35 PM
invalid Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to invalid
Default Re: Question to christians

To answer the question:

No one knows for sure where god came from. Then again, I don't think any religion knows for sure the origin of their god/creator.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Demon_Shiron Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Demon_Shiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer94 View Post
Try playing Chinese Whispers over 2000 odd years with the world. Maybe then you'll understand.

Question for the 'lovable' Wunschy. Since you appear to be able to justify whatever we can bomb at you, eg. The Holocaust, etc.

Justify the other religions of the world. If there is only one God, then well. You're looking a little bit wrong. And you can't say that everyone who worships... Who is a Jew, you can't say they're hallucinating and are going to hell. They wrote half your silly Bible!

Hrm. While I'm pointing fingers, I hope that people are familiar with the saying;

Giving a name to evil, only gives it power.

Well. Christianity is single handedly responsible for (and creating) Lucifer. Not only have the idiots acknowledged him with a name, they've given him a HOME, a HISTORY, MINIONS, A RELIGION. They've made him as much of a God as their own. You could say that he's just weak and can't defeat God, yet, the Bible and Christianity itself is interwoven with the machinations of their creation, the Snake who tempted Adam and Eve to eat the ******* apple, the fact that the Devil is there, that he can sustain his realm of Hell, that he can force people into his realm, yet God apparently cannot.

Way to go. Those who fear evil are its greatest followers. Look at choo guys.
Yea, and supposedly we jewish people killed jesus... (I dont practice it but my gramma does)

I Am Everything You Ever Were Afraid Of

My Friend Code: 2922-3457-5225
Old 10-09-2008, 12:25 AM
scalec Offline

I would like to bring a far fetched idea in this, but it actually isn't when you think about it.

Lets bring in Millers expirement into this. He tried to prove that life could form in unstable conditions. He succeded, but it wasn't really life.

Anyways, that idea is called spontaneus combustion. And thats impossible. (life coming from nonliving)
But what if our life was started by aliens. What if we are a prototype of some sort of alien race? It would be perfectly easy to add to the bible, too!

Humans grow, evolve, ya da doo. Well, one of the aliens comes for a visit, disguised as us. Jesus. Then when he floats back to heaven, its actually him being beamed up!

Ok, it sounds crazy, but it could have happened. There has to be life on other planets, and I mean multicellular. If not, when humans are gone, space would be empty for ever!!!!
Mind boggling.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:41 AM
zachattack Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to zachattack Send a message via MSN to zachattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalec View Post
I would like to bring a far fetched idea in this, but it actually isn't when you think about it.

Lets bring in Millers expirement into this. He tried to prove that life could form in unstable conditions. He succeded, but it wasn't really life.

Anyways, that idea is called spontaneus combustion. And thats impossible. (life coming from nonliving)
But what if our life was started by aliens. What if we are a prototype of some sort of alien race? It would be perfectly easy to add to the bible, too!

Humans grow, evolve, ya da doo. Well, one of the aliens comes for a visit, disguised as us. Jesus. Then when he floats back to heaven, its actually him being beamed up!

Ok, it sounds crazy, but it could have happened. There has to be life on other planets, and I mean multicellular. If not, when humans are gone, space would be empty for ever!!!!
Mind boggling.
The biological stability of earth would replace humans once humans die out. It just works out like that.

==
==
Old 10-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Hoshika Offline

Quote:

Don't you mean spontaneous generation? Spontaneous combustion is when you have something that suddenly bursts into flames. :P

Also, Miller's (and Urey's :P) experiment was trying to prove that the building blocks of life (amino acids, etc.) could be formed from nonorganic compounds; it wasn't trying to prove that life would actually form in that little container. Besides, how long would you have to wait for that to happen? Millions of years?

Anyway, I'm not really into this debate, I'm just making a correction. :\
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:46 AM
scalec Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
Don't you mean spontaneous generation? Spontaneous combustion is when you have something that suddenly bursts into flames. :P

Also, Miller's (and Urey's :P) experiment was trying to prove that the building blocks of life (amino acids, etc.) could be formed from nonorganic compounds; it wasn't trying to prove that life would actually form in that little container. Besides, how long would you have to wait for that to happen? Millions of years?

Anyway, I'm not really into this debate, I'm just making a correction. :\
Oops. Yeah, I meant Generation. I laughed so hard when you pointed it out.

And zackattack, we'd probably destroy all natural resources, and even they couldn't come back. And if even if not, the earth will be destroyed by the sun going supernova.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:56 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Oops. Yeah, I meant Generation. I laughed so hard when you pointed it out.

And zackattack, we'd probably destroy all natural resources, and even they couldn't come back. And if even if not, the earth will be destroyed by the sun going supernova.
There have been many different theories pertaining to the earth's end, not just the sun's end. I don't agree with most of these, but I'll state them anyway.

1. First and foremost, Armageddon/Apocalypse.
2. 12/12-25/12.
3. The sub blowing up.
4. Global warming.
5. End? What end? =0.0=
6. We use up our resources and suffer.
7. "This world exists because I do. Therefore, when I die, you all will."

[SORROW | REQUIEM | VERITY]
Old 10-09-2008, 04:28 AM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:
Question for the 'lovable' Wunschy. Since you appear to be able to justify whatever we can bomb at you, eg. The Holocaust, etc.
Everything happens for a reason. It's in the third chapter of Ecclesiastes.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:03 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Shiron View Post
Yea, and supposedly we jewish people killed jesus... (I dont practice it but my gramma does)
I thought it was the Romans? Which kinda makes sense for the Roman Catholics, instead of just Catholics. Ah well.

Quote:
That's a silly thing to say. Thousands of people died in 9/11 for a reason? I don't see a reason? If you're going to say that the bad people died, well, if God is that powerful, then he could have smote them himself. Millions of Jews died in the Holocaust, going to make another excuse for that too? Christians shouldn't be allowed to make fun of Jews. They wrote half of your holy novel.

The Brood is growing!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Quote:
That's a silly thing to say. Thousands of people died in 9/11 for a reason? I don't see a reason? If you're going to say that the bad people died, well, if God is that powerful, then he could have smote them himself. Millions of Jews died in the Holocaust, going to make another excuse for that too? Christians shouldn't be allowed to make fun of Jews. They wrote half of your holy novel.
The half they don't follow dearly though.

And maybe it seems silly to you, but it makes perfect sense to me that everything happens for a reason, whether it be good or bad.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:55 AM
MaskedJackal Offline

Quote:
Jesus' followers were Jews, and became Christian after His death. The others stayed Jews.

Plus, who are you to question God's motives anyway? Are you His special advisor?
Old 10-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Stubby Boardman Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Stubby Boardman

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachattack View Post
Note: This is not meant to attack or accuse Christians, but to merely discuss an interesting topic.

So we all know that Christians believe in a sole god, who created everything and ANYTHING.

So when I ask "who made god?", I either get "no one knows," which is stupid because the bible should tell everything, or "he always existed", which is a bit more sensicle, but still.
If god always existed, that means god coexisted with time. Time could not have been created by god because god always existed, meaning that he must have existed during time, meaning he could not have created it.

Since he did not create it, is there a higher power over him? Or am I just crazy?
God should be spelt with a capital G not lower case g. And your crazy for thinking about this to much.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Hoshika Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoma495 View Post
God should be spelt with a capital G not lower case g. And your crazy for thinking about this to much.
Why did you post here again?
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalec
Humans grow, evolve, ya da doo. Well, one of the aliens comes for a visit, disguised as us. Jesus. Then when he floats back to heaven, its actually him being beamed up
Jesus wasn't always holy. He was just considered a noble saint before Constantine came along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunschkind
Feel free to ignore the rest of his post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunschkind
Jesus' followers were Jews, and became Christian after His death. The others stayed Jews.
So all Christians were originally Jews. I still don't see how that's an excuse to make fun of them.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:14 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

So all Christians were originally Jews. I still don't see how that's an excuse to make fun of them.
I made fun of Jews? What? When?