Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 10-04-2008, 09:32 PM
MYSTRY MEW Offline

Send a message via AIM to MYSTRY MEW Send a message via Yahoo to MYSTRY MEW
Default Re: Will You Buy The DSi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachNCheeze View Post
I do, and I know a LOT of people do. What if you feel like playing Firered once, but blam it's not a DS game sorry! Go find your broken advance to play it!
well with the dsi ware which is similar to wii shop, im guessing that the pokemon games will come out for like 8 dollars. True youll have to start all over but youd probably still be able to play pokemon games on the dsi.

3566-7998-7363TradesVPPClaimsURPGLinks3137-2783-9061
Old 10-04-2008, 09:33 PM
zachattack Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to zachattack Send a message via MSN to zachattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYSTRY MEW View Post
well with the dsi ware which is similar to wii shop, im guessing that the pokemon games will come out for like 8 dollars. True youll have to start all over but youd probably still be able to play pokemon games on the dsi.
Or, I could NOT waste hundreds of dollars for a junky remake and just play my good games for FREE with my save files on them.

Perfect!

==
==
Old 10-04-2008, 09:44 PM
MYSTRY MEW Offline

Send a message via AIM to MYSTRY MEW Send a message via Yahoo to MYSTRY MEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachNCheeze View Post
Or, I could NOT waste hundreds of dollars for a junky remake and just play my good games for FREE with my save files on them.

Perfect!
lol true

3566-7998-7363TradesVPPClaimsURPGLinks3137-2783-9061
Old 10-04-2008, 09:52 PM
ReclusiveDemon Offline

Send a message via AIM to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via MSN to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via Skype™ to ReclusiveDemon

Great, way to go, Nintendo-- instead of just making it better, you're just copying ideas off Sony at this point in throwing in a handful of useless features most HARDCORE GAMERS could give a damn less about. Must be aiming the DSi at women who need more useless crap.

The only idea of any VALUE to come out of this is that DS shop. But that's not nearly enough for me to care about it.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReclusiveDemon View Post
Must be aiming the DSi at women who need more useless crap.
I'm female and I have no interest in it. :(
Old 10-05-2008, 12:36 AM
theEND Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to theEND Send a message via MSN to theEND

Point being is that the DS isn't always going to include backwards compatibility with GBA games as a feature. Quit complaining about it. If you're so up for playing GBA games, pull out your DS/Lite or GBA/SP.

Quote:
Great, way to go, Nintendo-- instead of just making it better, you're just copying ideas off Sony at this point in throwing in a handful of useless features most HARDCORE GAMERS could give a damn less about. Must be aiming the DSi at women who need more useless crap.

The only idea of any VALUE to come out of this is that DS shop. But that's not nearly enough for me to care about it.
I have to agree a bit here, but they're not all bad applications. Free, built-in web browsing is a nice feature when you're on the go without a laptop, the camera can kill time, and music feedback has a nice touch. :o I'm very interested in the DS shop, particularly because downloading games onto your handheld could bring up interesting possibilities.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:19 AM
zachattack Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEND View Post
Point being is that the DS isn't always going to include backwards compatibility with GBA games as a feature. Quit complaining about it. If you're so up for playing GBA games, pull out your DS/Lite or GBA/SP.

I have to agree a bit here, but they're not all bad applications. Free, built-in web browsing is a nice feature when you're on the go without a laptop, the camera can kill time, and music feedback has a nice touch. :o I'm very interested in the DS shop, particularly because downloading games onto your handheld could bring up interesting possibilities.
It's funny though because the PSP has all those other than the camera, which is an accessory you can buy.

==
==
Old 10-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

I will avoid it LIKE THE PLAGUE. Nintendo is making a DS. That is like a copy of the PSP with two screens. Way to go.

If they make specific games for this new half platform (which they said they won't, but just wait.) then I'm definitely selling my DS for a PSP. I mean. Really. We all want cameras and the ability to play music on a gaming console.

When the DS Lite came out, everyone was reassuring the DS users that, no, there won't be specific games for this new thing, it's okay. But yeah. Some games are slightly specific to the DS Lite, I've seen a couple that yeah... it's interesting isn't it?

The Brood is growing!
Old 10-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Dark G-Gar Offline
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Dark G-Gar

i will probally get it....!

D~G
Old 10-05-2008, 01:52 PM
SuperBoy Offline

Send a message via AIM to SuperBoy

Quote:

Really? Six-Axis...

Anyway, as far as the GBA slot goes, it was bound to happen sooner or later. We don't really need it anymore anyways, so I'm fine with the idea.

As for the DSi itself, I'm most likely going to proceed in purchasing it. Camera and MP3 capability, Opera-supported browser, DSWare shop(Much like the Wii Shop Channel), SD card solution, and a nice set of hardcore releases, such as Castlevania: Orders of Ecclesia and Chrono Trigger.

To finish this off, I'm quite joyous about this.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:50 PM
zachattack Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBoy View Post
Really? Six-Axis...

Anyway, as far as the GBA slot goes, it was bound to happen sooner or later. We don't really need it anymore anyways, so I'm fine with the idea.

As for the DSi itself, I'm most likely going to proceed in purchasing it. Camera and MP3 capability, Opera-supported browser, DSWare shop(Much like the Wii Shop Channel), SD card solution, and a nice set of hardcore releases, such as Castlevania: Orders of Ecclesia and Chrono Trigger.

To finish this off, I'm quite joyous about this.
You forgot to mention 40% lower battery time, inability to play GBA games, increased weight, and slower load times.

But that's okay.

==
==
Old 10-08-2008, 06:21 PM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachattack View Post
You forgot to mention 40% lower battery time, inability to play GBA games, increased weight, and slower load times.

But that's okay.
Why are you trashing everyone that wants to buy it? We get it, you don't like it. :\

Well I'm going to get it. I don't have a camera or mp3 player (I'm poor:X) and it's just better than the ds lite. So just buying all three in one just saves money.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 10-09-2008, 03:09 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:

Amen.

No need for it. I already have a DS, I already have a iPod, I already have a camera, and I'm not that dependent on the Internet to feel the need to carry it everywhere. And if I badly needed that, I'd get a BlackBerry then.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:11 AM
Devil_Theory Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Devil_Theory

I gave my DS Lite away. So yes. I will be buying the DSi. Unwillingly, of course.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:14 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

D=! I just bought the special edition Pokemon DS Lite.

It doesn't have a GBA slot? Lame!!!

I can use my Ipod and phone for portable internet lol.

No need for it.