Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze
Default Re: Under aged Drinking a big problem?

I see no problem with it and there's going to be a pain to stop it. I don't particularly like alcohol, but after the first few, it all tastes the same. :X
Old 10-03-2008, 12:14 AM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Depends, the majority of underage drinking is used as binge drinking, where you get really ****** up in a short amount of time. This form of drinking I feel is dangerous for anyone, but a beer every now and again isn't a problem in my mind.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:24 AM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

Usually people drink to get drunk or tipsy at least me I just drink until I feel it and I got a good buzz I don't try and drink until I pass or anything stupid like that. That is how you end up in the hospital with alcohol poisoning when you drink until you pass out which is stupid.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 10-03-2008, 03:41 AM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathspector View Post
Agreed, underage drinking is both illegal, and not exactly smart. I will admit, however, that I've done it, and I'm not proud of doing so.
Yeah. Me too, I really hated myself the day after I did it, I felt like I was turning into one of those people that just did things because they were considered "cool" or whatever.

Also, it is amazing how easily people can ge their hands on alcohol. I know kids that are 10/11 that can get their grubby paws on that stuff, and they drink it down like they're dying of thirst. It's pretty sick to me, actually.

But all in all, if the person can handle it I don't see a problem, it's just when they start to get crazy and to dumb crap and smell like a horse... then it's annoying and you know they are too stupid to realize how much of a fool they're making of themself. XD It's funny for a bit, then it's just plain stupid. =/
Old 10-03-2008, 04:22 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

First off, the reason why drinking is restricted to 21 and up is because the younger people are the more 'invincible' they think they are and whatnot, so the chances of problems is higher. Think about it; the people who drink before they legally can (I mean a lot of drinking) usually have problems with it.

Second off, I have no problems with people who do it and use their brains. Socially is fine, I can understand that. Drinking with your friends at parties every once in a while is fine too.

But it's a problem because people become even more retarded when they drink. With some people this is a big problem (as some people are already pretty dumb), leading to things like sexual encounters (ie rape and the kind you dislike in the morning), violence, and ... well, drinking and driving.

So in other words, as long as you're not stupid and as long as you stay out of the road you're fine by my book.

Though the people who drink to be cool are incredibly stupid, and drinking a lot usually means you have a problem.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 10-03-2008, 07:55 AM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Scott View Post
First off, the reason why drinking is restricted to 21 and up is because the younger people are the more 'invincible' they think they are and whatnot, so the chances of problems is higher. Think about it; the people who drink before they legally can (I mean a lot of drinking) usually have problems with it.

Second off, I have no problems with people who do it and use their brains. Socially is fine, I can understand that. Drinking with your friends at parties every once in a while is fine too.

But it's a problem because people become even more retarded when they drink. With some people this is a big problem (as some people are already pretty dumb), leading to things like sexual encounters (ie rape and the kind you dislike in the morning), violence, and ... well, drinking and driving.

So in other words, as long as you're not stupid and as long as you stay out of the road you're fine by my book.

Though the people who drink to be cool are incredibly stupid, and drinking a lot usually means you have a problem.
That was perfect you're exactly right when people are younger and they first hear about drinking they try and say they can drink a lot and then make the mistake of attempting it and that leads to you being really sick and possibly getting alcohol poisoning so the age minimum is 21 so hopefully you're mature by then about drinking.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 10-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
That was perfect you're exactly right when people are younger and they first hear about drinking they try and say they can drink a lot and then make the mistake of attempting it and that leads to you being really sick and possibly getting alcohol poisoning so the age minimum is 21 so hopefully you're mature by then about drinking.
The down side to making it 21 is that, people get more tempeted to drink due to the fact it's illegal and do it as they think it may be fun or something like that......

If possible could someone who understands my point make it more clear please.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

I'm not very much against underage drinking...it's I think people who want to start interfering{too much} in it can direct their energies elsewhere. Personally, I'm for lowering the bar for drinking...because it might decrease the number of people who want to openly flout the law to appear 'cool', and instead ruining their health.

As for me...I've been drinking since thirteen, and that too...very occasionally, like on special occasions, when my friends and I go out together, ladies nights...I think doing it to seem or feel cool is stupid, though.

But underage drinking won't change much. Parents who don't care will let their kids do what they want, and children of conervative parents{even if slightly conservative} are more likely to cave in to peer pressure.

@ Malom: Thumbing your nose at the law, just to seem cool and above it?
Old 10-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

I think saying that drinking socially is okay, but then saying that you shouldn't drink to look cool is an oxymoron.

Because, honestly, why do you drink socially? Because you're with your friends, you want to have fun, and they're doing it. And doing what your friends are doing just because they're doing it, is doing something to look cool. I'm not saying I haven't drunk socially, and that I haven't drunk to seem cool. Most people under the legal drinking age (it's actually eighteen in India, and that too only in most states; in some it's sixteen) drink to be cool, and it's a fact. Unless they live a depressing, oppressed life, it's to be cool.

I just wanted to say that...half the people posting in this thread are being quite hypocritical. xP

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 10-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Mhn, I think it's stupid. But probably because my taste buds haven't matured as much as everyone elses, and I find alchohol disgusting. 8D

*Proud*

Old 10-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathspector View Post
I think saying that drinking socially is okay, but then saying that you shouldn't drink to look cool is an oxymoron.

Deathspector
Quite, but not very. You see, people who are drinking to look cool are trying to impress others, or are just falling for feer pressure. And on the other hand, people who drink socially, just once in a while...and to celebrate the occasion. If anyone doesn't want to come, it's fine with us. :3
Old 10-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Master Aqua Offline

I wouldbe fine with aclcoholic drinks only if people did not abuse it, sadly thats no were near the case as getting drunk really is an abuse as it puts your self in a situation were you are not fully control of your actions!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Fantastical_Enterprises Offline
New Trainer

Alright, here's the deal with drinking. As a double major in college (law and psychology), I've studied the effects and the habits of drinking in society and most often in the daily rituals of teens and young adults. The whole deal with underaged drinking stems from one of the most ancient and qualified of traditions known most commonly as the Forbidden Fruit Complex.

((For more information than what I'm about to state on the Forbidden Fruit Complex I have two websites you can visit for articles on this. Site 1 and Site 2))

I will explain this complex in greater detail when I have more time to type up a proper document.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantastical_Enterprises View Post
Alright, here's the deal with drinking. As a double major in college (law and psychology), I've studied the effects and the habits of drinking in society and most often in the daily rituals of teens and young adults. The whole deal with underaged drinking stems from one of the most ancient and qualified of traditions known most commonly as the Forbidden Fruit Complex.

((For more information than what I'm about to state on the Forbidden Fruit Complex I have two websites you can visit for articles on this. Site 1 and Site 2))

I will explain this complex in greater detail when I have more time to type up a proper document.
I know what you mean about the fruit. Its made illegal to drink so people drink underaged drink just because it is illegal.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:02 PM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

I've done some retarded stuff with this in high school. I was a total wimp to peer pressure. But instead of looking 'cool', I ended up acting like a mentally challenged primate.

Just say no; it's stupid. :[