Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Callum Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Callum
Default Re: Under aged Drinking a big problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malomyotismon View Post
(hugs gslleon) I do no actually go around thinking I am supperior to everyone who dose drink underaged I preventmysef from doing that tempation as it would only make things worse.. through i'll admit the tempation to do so was definately there and still is.

i have to dissagree with theright ad wrong theory dueto the large numbers of teenagers abusing it, I can not possibly start conmplate it being anything but wrong.

Getting drunk once will always be bad in my eyes, the every now and then drink drink is fine even if its daily in my oppion.
Lol, may the lord smite you the day you have one too many.

I'm sure everyone drinks a little bit too much once in their life. :)
Old 10-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

I like to teach people a leason when they get drunk through........ it's unfair but funny! I ask for such and such money and I GET IT! Through I give them it back later on........

EDIT: Calum I am a suborn boy with aspergers who has seen the screewed up liver of an alcy!, the chances are I will not drink. I do the best method not too through, I do not delibrately think about not drinking and i never even have to worry ^^. Works a treat same with not swearing.

Last edited by Master Aqua; 10-02-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline

Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malomyotismon View Post
I like to teach people a leason when they get drunk through........ it's unfair but funny! I ask for such and such money and I GET IT! Through I give them it back later on........
You should give a nice, hard spanking to every drunken man you see.

That will teach them their lesson! They will never drink again!
Old 10-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
You should give a nice, hard spanking to every drunken man you see.

That will teach them their lesson! They will never drink again!
Have no idea what onlookers would think of that lol, but I am sure i'll get odd looks.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

I have nothing against drinking in general.

Agreed, underage drinking is both illegal, and not exactly smart. I will admit, however, that I've done it, and I'm not proud of doing so. Fortunately, through some freak chance, I have a decent resistance, and so I didn't get drunk. But I'm still not proud of having drunk alcohol, as I'm not of age yet.

But as far as forcing other people not to drink? I have to say no. Let people drink if they want to. Don't go around saying, "You'll all die a painful death, alone and drunk," 'cause that won't help anyone. If someone wants to drink, let them. It's all up to personal choice.

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 10-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

I say the minimum age you should drink at is 16 and don't drink to often but yeah if you wanna do it be safe at least don't try and go places when you're drunk it's pretty stupid and you'll get arrested. I didn't start drinking until I graduated last year and even then I only drink once a month or so.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 10-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Master Aqua Offline

You know if peole did not get drunk, crime rates would drop dramatically and I am sure hospitals (UK) would be much beter off.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce

I am one of the few people my age that has never been drunk before / doesn't get drunk every other weekend...

It is common now-a-days, especially where I live, but I am not saying that it is necessarily right, nor wrong. I think kids my age are somewhat ridiculous for it, as a lot of them think they are cool by doing it, and base most of their conversations (At least around me) on how "totally wasted" they got the night prior.

Basically, it isn't really a big deal to me whether underage people do or don't drink, but I usually don't hang around those that do, as I don't really find the company of drunk people enjoyable. :P

BRYCExKAT
Old 10-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

People should'nt get drunk underage, but as long as you drink responsibly, I Don't see a big problem with it. I mean, as long as you have one, maybe two beers when your 16 or so, and then ask your sober friend to drive you home, or have one of your parents pick you up from wherever you are, so what.

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 10-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Demon_Shiron Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Demon_Shiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
It's peoples choice what to do with their lives. As you nicely stated there are some sensible people in the world who don't get drunk such as yourself. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean others shouldn't lol.

I don't want to sound like I'm promoting underage drinking. I don't think all these 14 year old should go around being wasted. My view is that in small amounts drinking is ok, and can make a party alot more fun. What is fun is laughing at people who have drunk too much. =P If someone chooses to drink too much, the jokes on them at the end of the day.
Just what i was about to say...

I Am Everything You Ever Were Afraid Of

My Friend Code: 2922-3457-5225
Old 10-02-2008, 10:52 PM
DragoniteMistress Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to DragoniteMistress Send a message via Yahoo to DragoniteMistress

I don't care about underage drinking, to be frank.

My one close friend drinks a lot, and he mixes alcoholic drinks with his sister, too.
I actually find it fun to IM him when he's a little buzzed :x

But, drinking is not for me. It's not like I'll turn down a sip of wine or something, but that's a different story.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Alana Marie Offline

Some of you people know me
i am crazy.
Do you think i need to add Alchohol to this?
I mean i act like a craz person at even the littlest drop of sugar
I am going to be frank with you
Have I been Drunk?:
Yes, i have.
not at a party.
I went on a cruise, and i went to a tequila tasting with my parents. They let me try some. It obviously dosent take a skinny person like me alot to get tipsy.
The only other times i have had alcohol was also on that cruise my grammy let me try chacolate liquor *yum*
And at a wedding and at a funeral. Thats it.

Even as a freshman I have gone to parties where there are drinks.
I think it is stupid. And basically when i find out there are "drinks"
Then me and my friends basically leave early an go to one of our house or fool around in wal-mart.

There is no way i am getting drunk and becoming like hte other hundreds of girls at my school
No thank you
I will stick to being a chorus nerd
and spazzing with mah friends (I act drunk any way :p i am naturaly ditzy)
Old 10-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Angela Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Angela

I don't see anything wrong with drinking, I'm not getting this thread.

And to answer your question I don't think under age drinking is a problem, if there is anything I think that the age should be lowered to 18 the same age that you can buy cigarettes, I mean why have those 3 extra years nobody follows the rules so I say lower the age, it would make my life so much better if they age would be lowered, because then most of my friends could buy alcohol, instead of having to ask older siblings to buy I could get my friends to buy, that's much more easier and less trouble.

Gucci, Fendi, Prada purses, purchasing them finer things
Avatar by Tombi <3 Banner by Angela

Old 10-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Subside Offline

Send a message via AIM to Subside Send a message via MSN to Subside

First of all, lol at this thread on a Pokémon forum.

Either way I'll tell you about my experiences.

I began drinking when I was 14/15 (I'm 19 now) and it was ridiculously easy to get a hold of it. Needless to say I had a whale of a time (and still do now, just legally lol). I used to go to a club for teenagers in my city called Teenculture and about 2000 youths went each time and i'd say about 75% were drunk I suppose that was quite bad. I suppose Americans have the right idea having the drinking age as 21 (though i'd be pissed if they inforced it here now as i can legally drink) because over here 15 and 16 year olds can get away with being able to buy alcohol where as over there 18/19 year olds would just be able to get away with it, by which time, in my opinon they can handle a drink or two.

The fact of the matter is that if your dead set against drinking, then don't do. Don't give into peer pressure. I know some people the same age as me and they haven't touched a drop of alcohol and they still manage to have a good time. And don't think just because other people drink you can't hang around with them, granted you may have to look after them from time to time if they've had too much, but trust me that makes for some good memories lol.

As far as crime goes in the UK its just chav's that go over the top and the media jump on that and make everyone think "oh no, the kids are out of control" Like i said earlier i spent time will about 1,500 kids who were drunk and not once was there any trouble. If alcohol weren't involved it would be drugs that influence teens... well chavs to cause crime. Thats just my two cents.

Last edited by Subside; 10-02-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Angela Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Angela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic_Despair View Post
First of all, lol at this thread on a Pokémon forum.

Either way I'll tell you about my experiences.

I began drinking when I was 14/15 (I'm 19 now) and it was ridiculously easy to get a hold of it. Needless to say I had a whale of a time (and still do now, just legally lol). I used to go to a club for teenagers in my city called Teenculture and about 2000 youths went each time and i'd say about 75% were drunk I suppose that was quite bad. I suppose Americans have the right idea having the drinking age as 21 (though i'd be pissed if they inforced it here now as i can legally drink) because over here 15 and 16 year olds can get away with being able to buy alcohol where as over there 18/19 year olds would just be able to get away with it, by which time, in my opinon they can handle a drink or two.

The fact of the matter is that if your dead set against drinking, then don't do. Don't give into peer pressure. I know some people the same age as me and they haven't touched a drop of alcohol and they still manage to have a good time. And don't think just because other people drink you can't hang around with them, granted you may have to look after them from time to time if they've had too much, but trust me that makes for some good memories lol.
Thank you someone I can relate to, that does not pick up a bible and yell sin, I have to say it is easy to smuggle alcohol to under age I know because at clubs I can buy alcohol.
They think your in the club so you must be legal some bar tenders are idiots lol,

Gucci, Fendi, Prada purses, purchasing them finer things
Avatar by Tombi <3 Banner by Angela