Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Master Aqua's Avatar
Master Aqua Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,969
Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Under aged Drinking a big problem?

*Sigh* I do not drink alchol at all, yet when people ask whever I drink or not or have ever gotten drunk befoe and I say "no" I am perliesed for not oing so an I am looked down as a freak for not doing so, I mean seaously What the hell !!! I also ever every day converstions about how people got drunk or will get drunk, it's out ragous if you ask me!!!!

I go to dunoon grammer school in a quite little town of Dunoon and the school has had a long and destiwished academic history, yet even the smart people in it get drunk or drink too much!!!!


What are your veiws on this because it makes me feel isolated... yet I refuse to drink no mkatter what, I am one of the last true blue protesters against it in my school even the one of other so called true blue protesters have fallen into the darkness........ even more pushy about it than me.... scary
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Callum's Avatar
Callum Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: England
Posts: 1,640
Send a message via AIM to Callum
Default Re: Under aged Drinking a big problem?

I have no problem with it, aslong as the people doing it don't do stupid things like be violent, and commit crime. But there's always a few that will ruin it for people who just want a bit of fun.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Master Aqua's Avatar
Master Aqua Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,969
Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: Under aged Drinking a big problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
I have no problem with it, aslong as the people doing it don't do stupid things like be violent, and commit crime. But there's always a few that will ruin it for people who just want a bit of fun.
I do not like people getting drunk even if they do nothing wrong when are drunk, it's how to screw up your liver part 1

I am telling you i will not give up my liver up when I die if it's going to go to someone who is going to screw it up!



The french have the right idea through, giving there child small water down amounts, so they get used to it but ushall ever become drunks or abusers of alcohol .


You know, In the Uk the vast majority of crimes are alcohol related.....
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Frozen_in_Time Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,404
Default Re: Under aged Drinking a big problem?

What is the joy of drinking something that is made of several cleaning detergents? (And more...)
I mean seriously.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Master Aqua's Avatar
Master Aqua Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,969
Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: Under aged Drinking a big problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_in_Time View Post
What is the joy of drinking something that is made of several cleaning detergents? (And more...)
I mean seriously.
ethenol is used in quite a few things, it's highly flamable and causes blinddness if ingested pure........
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Frozen_in_Time Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,404
Default Re: Under aged Drinking a big problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malomyotismon View Post
ethenol is used in quite a few things, it's highly flamable and causes blinddness if ingested pure........
Exactly, I cannot think that that can taste nice...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Callum's Avatar
Callum Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: England
Posts: 1,640
Send a message via AIM to Callum
Default Re: Under aged Drinking a big problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malomyotismon View Post
I do not like people getting drunk even if they do nothing wrong when are drunk, it's how to screw up your liver part 1
It's peoples choice what to do with their lives. As you nicely stated there are some sensible people in the world who don't get drunk such as yourself. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean others shouldn't lol.

I don't want to sound like I'm promoting underage drinking. I don't think all these 14 year old should go around being wasted. My view is that in small amounts drinking is ok, and can make a party alot more fun. What is fun is laughing at people who have drunk too much. =P If someone chooses to drink too much, the jokes on them at the end of the day.
__________________

Last edited by Callum; 10-02-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Galleon's Avatar
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shenanigansville
Posts: 1,306
Send a message via AIM to Galleon Send a message via Yahoo to Galleon
Default Re: Under aged Drinking a big problem?

I can relate to what you're saying, Malo. I don't drink, and neither do I ever plan to drink, so it's a little strange to realize that everyone around me thinks differently.

However, you shouldn't go around thinking that you're a better person because you don't drink. It's a personal choice. Sure, there are health risks and social risks involved in drinking alcohol, but everyone who drinks has heard those risks before; they know what drinking might lead to, or at least they think they do. And surely, there is a large difference between someone who drinks and someone who is an alcoholic.

That's not to say that I support underage drinking, though; after all, it's still against the law. I'm merely saying that it is unfair to try to break this issue into 'right vs wrong.'
__________________
MEH.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Psychedelic Shroomish's Avatar
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,207
Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish
Default Re: Under aged Drinking a big problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_in_Time View Post
Exactly, I cannot think that that can taste nice...
You don't drink for the taste, you drink so you can get TOTALLY WASTED AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.

And I think underage drinking is super cool and you guys should totally try it!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Callum's Avatar
Callum Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: England
Posts: 1,640
Send a message via AIM to Callum
Default Re: Under aged Drinking a big problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
TOTALLY WASTED AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.

And I think underage drinking is super cool and you guys should totally try it!
Haha. Don't listen to Adrenaline lol, it's your own choice to drink, don't do it because you want to be a dude like him.

Drink does taste nice, I don't care what its made of as I don't drink it like a fish.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Frozen_in_Time Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,404
Default Re: Under aged Drinking a big problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
You don't drink for the taste, you drink so you can get TOTALLY WASTED AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.

And I think underage drinking is super cool and you guys should totally try it!
Hmm, a good time to remember, no wait, you won't :P
Anyway, this can get pretty controversial, but it might be fun to see other people's opinions.

And Adren, nthx. x|
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Callum's Avatar
Callum Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: England
Posts: 1,640
Send a message via AIM to Callum
Default Re: Under aged Drinking a big problem?

I think peoples views will be very deffierent, because we are all brought up in different kinds of society.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Frozen_in_Time Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,404
Default Re: Under aged Drinking a big problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
I think peoples views will be very deffierent, because we are all brought up in different kinds of society.
Yes, I hate it when parent's drink infront of their children, they set such a bad example. :/
Oh, talking about this stuff is not nice XD
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Master Aqua's Avatar
Master Aqua Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,969
Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: Under aged Drinking a big problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleon View Post
I can relate to what you're saying, Malo. I don't drink, and neither do I ever plan to drink, so it's a little strange to realize that everyone around me thinks differently.

However, you shouldn't go around thinking that you're a better person because you don't drink. It's a personal choice. Sure, there are health risks and social risks involved in drinking alcohol, but everyone who drinks has heard those risks before; they know what drinking might lead to, or at least they think they do. And surely, there is a large difference between someone who drinks and someone who is an alcoholic.

That's not to say that I support underage drinking, though; after all, it's still against the law. I'm merely saying that it is unfair to try to break this issue into 'right vs wrong.'
(hugs gslleon) I do no actually go around thinking I am supperior to everyone who dose drink underaged I preventmysef from doing that tempation as it would only make things worse.. through i'll admit the tempation to do so was definately there and still is.

i have to dissagree with theright ad wrong theory dueto the large numbers of teenagers abusing it, I can not possibly start conmplate it being anything but wrong.

Getting drunk once will always be bad in my eyes, the every now and then drink drink is fine even if its daily in my oppion.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Dark Lightning's Avatar
Dark Lightning Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: England
Posts: 2,072
Send a message via AIM to Dark Lightning
Default Re: Under aged Drinking a big problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
You don't drink for the taste, you drink so you can get TOTALLY WASTED AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.

And I think underage drinking is super cool and you guys should totally try it!
I think you could caused someone to get arrested by saying that. If they listen to you...:O
Anyways, I don't drink, seeming as it's illegal for me to do so at my age. I think it's alright if people don't go crazy. I know what happens when people get drunk.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com