Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 09-30-2008, 10:50 PM
Seercry Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default 360's Top Games?

I happen to know I am getting an XBox 360 for Christmas. I know it's a little early, but meh. So, I was wondering, what are your suggestions for good current and future games. I know the main ones, like CoD 4 and Halo, but waht others are good?

Cred for Avatar and Banner go to Anastasia-R

Old 09-30-2008, 11:00 PM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4
Default Re: 360's Top Games?

GH World Tour when it comes out Gears Of War 2 Madden 09 if you like sports I've heard good things about Mercenaries 2.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 09-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Skottles Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Skottles

Gears of War 1 and 2 defiantly. Skate if you like skateboarding games. Halo 3 maybe kinda overrated.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seercry View Post
I happen to know I am getting an XBox 360 for Christmas. I know it's a little early, but meh. So, I was wondering, what are your suggestions for good current and future games. I know the main ones, like CoD 4 and Halo, but what others are good?
Well, people like games in different tastes these days. You said you like Call of Duty and Halo, so I'm assuming you like First-person shooter games. You can get Gears of War 2 when it comes out. By the way, don't just get a game because it have a high score. If you see a game that you are not fimular with, I'll advice you to find a person with one, or rent one first. And see if you enjoy the game, if you like the game, that is when you buy it. (the ones that you are not fimular with).

What other genres do you like?

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:30 PM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to George Jefferson Send a message via MSN to George Jefferson Send a message via Yahoo to George Jefferson Send a message via Skype™ to George Jefferson

Get a 4000 point card and buy:

Megaman 9
Soul Calibur
Street Fighter II': Hyper Fighting
Pac-man CE
Castlevania: SotN
Old 10-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Clutch Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Clutch

Already out:

- Halo 3
Has the best replay value of any FPS.

- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Has a great campaign and has very addicting multiplayer.

- Gears of War
You could always just wait for 2, but I'd still recommend the first one to anybody.

- Rock Band 2
If you're into music/rhythm games.

- Guitar Hero II, III
I personally like 2 better, but you can play online in 3, so it's up to you. You could always just wait for Guitar Hero: World Tour.

- Oblivion
If you like open-world RPG's, get this game. It's huge.

Coming out:

- Gears of War 2
Sequel to one of the best games ever made. It's bigger, better, and more badass.

- Far Cry 2
An open-world FPS set in Africa. It looks sick. I recommend you watch some videos because I don't think I can explain everything this game has to offer.

- Left 4 Dead
4 player co-op zombie killing. 'Nuff said. Oh, and it's made by Valve.

- Guitar Hero: World Tour
If Guitar Hero's your thing, pick this one up. This time it's got Guitar, Drums, and Vocals. Yeah, it's basically Rock Band, but it should be fun.

- Call of Duty: World at War
It may not be made by the same guys who made Call of Duty 4, but it's shaping up to be a great WWII FPS.

- Fallout 3
It's Oblivion... with guns.

- Fable 2
Has the potential to be one of the best RPG's we've seen in a while. Read up on it to see what I mean.

That's basically what I have my eye on, and the others that have already come out I enjoy alot. :]

Black Ops | K/D: 2.69 | W/L: 2.96
Old 10-01-2008, 01:01 AM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to George Jefferson Send a message via MSN to George Jefferson Send a message via Yahoo to George Jefferson Send a message via Skype™ to George Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amplified Pikachu View Post
- Fallout 3
It's Oblivion... with guns.
SHUTUP.

You have never played any of the earlier games (Sans brotherhood of Steel, that one sucked.)

You canNOT put Fallout in the same level of Oblivion.

My respect for you has faded.

Fare thee well, sir.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:11 AM
Seercry Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory vs Meaty II View Post
Well, people like games in different tastes these days. You said you like Call of Duty and Halo, so I'm assuming you like First-person shooter games. You can get Gears of War 2 when it comes out. By the way, don't just get a game because it have a high score. If you see a game that you are not fimular with, I'll advice you to find a person with one, or rent one first. And see if you enjoy the game, if you like the game, that is when you buy it. (the ones that you are not fimular with).

What other genres do you like?
I see why you're Mr. Wiki. Hmmm....I like 3rd person, I think, fighters/shooters, like the Dynasty Warriors series and Star Wars Battlefront. Any other suggestions for the FPS genre or the other genre I mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Hardy View Post
SHUTUP.

You have never played any of the earlier games (Sans brotherhood of Steel, that one sucked.)

Fare thee well, sir.
Don't turn this thread into a flame/spam thread. It's pitiful and ridiculous that you reacted like that. I thank you for your advice, but if you have nothing better to say, I'd appreciate you stayed clear of this thread.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:25 AM
Clutch Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Hardy View Post
SHUTUP.

Fare thee well, sir.
You're right, I haven't played any of the earlier games. I guess that makes my opinion invalid.

I played Oblivion. Bethesda made Oblivion. Bethesda's making Fallout 3. Looks like it plays like Oblivion, excluding the VATS system. IN MY OPINION it looks like Oblivion with guns.

Black Ops | K/D: 2.69 | W/L: 2.96
Old 10-01-2008, 02:19 AM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amplified Pikachu View Post
You're right, I haven't played any of the earlier games. I guess that makes my opinion invalid.

I played Oblivion. Bethesda made Oblivion. Bethesda's making Fallout 3. Looks like it plays like Oblivion, excluding the VATS system. IN MY OPINION it looks like Oblivion with guns.
IF IT HADN'T BEEN FOR THAT TONIC YOU WOULD NEVER BEEN BORN.

YOU WERE AN ACCIDENT.

>: [ Baww
Old 10-01-2008, 03:39 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

How did no one mention Mass Effect? >:[

IMO it's the best RPG out on any console right now if you're into that. As far as fighters go, Dynasty Warriors isn't really in that category. Soul Calibur IV is about as good as you'll get at the moment. Street Fighter 4 is sure to be excellent. I hear very good things about Battle Fantasia, but it's somewhat rare so you might have a harder time finding it.

Hi

Old 10-01-2008, 03:42 AM
Seercry Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
How did no one mention Mass Effect? >:[

IMO it's the best RPG out on any console right now if you're into that. As far as fighters go, Dynasty Warriors isn't really in that category. Soul Calibur IV is about as good as you'll get at the moment. Street Fighter 4 is sure to be excellent. I hear very good things about Battle Fantasia, but it's somewhat rare so you might have a harder time finding it.
Dynasty Warriors isn't really a fighter? Hmm, I suppose when I think about it, you are correct. It's more of a real-time strategy..is it not? Soul Calibur, however, I have heard good things about and played a demo of. It seemed pretty good. I'll keep it in mind. Thanks.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:51 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seercry View Post
Dynasty Warriors isn't really a fighter? Hmm, I suppose when I think about it, you are correct. It's more of a real-time strategy..is it not? Soul Calibur, however, I have heard good things about and played a demo of. It seemed pretty good. I'll keep it in mind. Thanks.
It's a hack and slash game. All it really has in common with a traditional fighter is health bars and a big cast of characters.

Hi

Old 10-01-2008, 04:56 AM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

I couldn't get into mass effect but I do love Soul Calibur I haven't played 4 but I own 2 and played 3 they're really good games. I never got into the morrowind games seeing as there isn't much storyline so I saw no point in playing the games but it's still a very popular game and it's cheap now so I'd buy it. Some people like GTA 4 but I do not like it at all I love all the GTA's for the PS2 but 4 I just don't like at all the controls and camera are just to weird for my liking.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 10-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Seercry Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
It's a hack and slash game. All it really has in common with a traditional fighter is health bars and a big cast of characters.
Ahhh. My bad. When I say fighter, I just meant stuff like Dynasty Warriors and Star Wars Battlefront, but I see where I screwed up/ When you say fighter, you mean things like Soul Calibur and Mortal Kombat, am I right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
I couldn't get into mass effect but I do love Soul Calibur I haven't played 4 but I own 2 and played 3 they're really good games. I never got into the morrowind games seeing as there isn't much storyline so I saw no point in playing the games but it's still a very popular game and it's cheap now so I'd buy it. Some people like GTA 4 but I do not like it at all I love all the GTA's for the PS2 but 4 I just don't like at all the controls and camera are just to weird for my liking.
I don't like GTA 4 either. Morrowind, however is a great game for Xbox. I can't speak for Oblivion, as I haven't played it. I also have Morrowind for the computer, but is there anyone who has owned or still owns Morrowind for the first Xbox? I just wanted to know if loading doesn't take as long on XBox as it does on computer.