Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

View Poll Results: Which is yo favorite, boo?
Beyoncé Knowles (Destiny's Child) 4 28.57%
Rihanna 1 7.14%
Fergie (Black Eyed Peas) 2 14.29%
Aretha Franklin 0 0%
Queen Latifah 0 0%
Estelle 0 0%
Mary J. Blige 0 0%
Toni Braxton 0 0%
En Vogue 0 0%
Salt n Peppa 0 0%
Aaliyah 0 0%
Gloria Gaynor 0 0%
Amy Winehouse 0 0%
Janet Jackson 0 0%
Missy Elliott 0 0%
Whitney Houston 1 7.14%
Alicia Keys 2 14.29%
Mariah Carey 3 21.43%
Keyshia Cole 0 0%
Other 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Default Re: R&B Divas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda View Post
Uh Rihanna and Britney sing waaaay better tham Beyonce. =P Beyonce is a terrible, non-catchy singer. Take A Bow may have been low key, kinda talking, but it is better than anything Beyonce has done.

More people like Britney, sorry, D= That's just the way it is, more people like Britney than pretty much every other female artist. Sales-wise she sold quite a bit of albums. More than Beyonce =P

Beyonce's new songs can't even hold a stable spot on the charts now a days. They reach #5 then drop to #62, where as Rihanna starts at #62, and raises all the way to #1, and she stays there. ;p
I hate to start a debate in a poll thread, but singing better is an opinion, not a fact. And what's terrible and not catchy in your ears, might be the best thing someone else has heard. Grammys are more significant than charts, considering how unstable charts are.
But yeah, don't get me wrong, I like Rihanna, but she's not the best singer.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Uomo Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Uomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda View Post
Uh Rihanna and Britney sing waaaay better tham Beyonce. =P Beyonce is a terrible, non-catchy singer. Take A Bow may have been low key, kinda talking, but it is better than anything Beyonce has done.

More people like Britney, sorry, D= That's just the way it is, more people like Britney than pretty much every other female artist. Sales-wise she sold quite a bit of albums. More than Beyonce =P

Beyonce's new songs can't even hold a stable spot on the charts now a days. They reach #5 then drop to #62, where as Rihanna starts at #62, and raises all the way to #1, and she stays there. ;p
Britney Spears CAN'T sing. I'm sorry to all her fans, but I've heard her demo mixtapes. They're awful. Beyoncé's mixtapes are full of win and are totally R&B, but her record company is smart and turns them into catchy little songs. Now comparing Beyoncé and Rihanna on "catchyness", have you ever heard anyone say "Shut Up and Drive" while in a car? Prolly not. But I can bet you anything that you've heard someone say "to the left, to the left" when you've asked them where to turn on a street.

Britney and Rihanna also doesn't have stage presence. They SUCK live, whereas Beyoncé is just like in the studio, and doesn't need to lipsynch like little Britney over at the 2007 VMAs. :p

But Sixto's right: Charts don't mean a thing. Listen to this here, Soda: Green Light. :o Now tell me that Beyoncé's songs are totally uncatchy. :P
Old 10-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II

Beyonce used to be my favorite female singer, she was like my favorite one half threw of my life. But I don't like her as much anymore. B-Day is okay, but it is no match for Dangerously in Love. I know that B-Day came out on her birthday, but I always dislike that album title.

Yeah, I don't understand why Briney Spears sells so much albums. He has the worst female singing voice ever.

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Frozen_in_Time Offline

Fergie (Black Eyed Peas)
The rest all suck
Old 10-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Alicia Keys won my heart...if i was to ever run into her i would need a swift punch to the spin by my croagunk to stop form making a fool of myself

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List