Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

View Poll Results: Which is yo favorite, boo?
Beyoncé Knowles (Destiny's Child) 4 28.57%
Rihanna 1 7.14%
Fergie (Black Eyed Peas) 2 14.29%
Aretha Franklin 0 0%
Queen Latifah 0 0%
Estelle 0 0%
Mary J. Blige 0 0%
Toni Braxton 0 0%
En Vogue 0 0%
Salt n Peppa 0 0%
Aaliyah 0 0%
Gloria Gaynor 0 0%
Amy Winehouse 0 0%
Janet Jackson 0 0%
Missy Elliott 0 0%
Whitney Houston 1 7.14%
Alicia Keys 2 14.29%
Mariah Carey 3 21.43%
Keyshia Cole 0 0%
Other 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2008, 03:44 AM
Uomo Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Uomo
Default R&B Divas

They iconized the past 25 years with soul and sass. Which 'un is yo favorite, boo?
Old 09-29-2008, 03:48 AM
Maleficent Offline

Send a message via AIM to Maleficent Send a message via MSN to Maleficent Send a message via Skype™ to Maleficent
Default Re: R&B Divas

Beyonce. I think she is R&B at least.

SHAKE THAT FAT ASS YO BEEATCH.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:54 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Whitney Houston is a classic and has some great songs too. Most of the rest just plain suck IMO.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:03 AM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Beyonce and Rihanna.

But...

Beyonce > Rihanna

|thedynamicduo|
Old 09-29-2008, 04:27 AM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger

Mariah before her nervous breakdown.

~Isaiah

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref
Old 09-29-2008, 04:33 AM
RawrIsMyMiddleName Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to RawrIsMyMiddleName

I was going Whitney, Mariah, or Aretha, since I don't like most of them. But Mariah Carey has a sweet voice. But like, in my list of favorite artists she's like #86. Haha, I don't like R&B much.

So like, all of these 'divas' I pretty much don't care about. :3
Old 09-29-2008, 05:12 AM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto

I'm glad you made this before I did, Uomo. It played down my Obsession for Beyoncé (the O in Obsession is a hint, coming to theaters in Feb XD).

Anyway, everyone knows who I like. XF Listen to Beyoncé's album songs, it showcases her real talent in sAnging.

And Beyoncé is from Houston too. That is all. :p
Old 09-29-2008, 05:35 AM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

I love Leona Lewis.

I think she is R&B anyway...
Old 09-30-2008, 03:28 AM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

I like Alicia Keys.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:00 AM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II

Yes, yes, a soul/R&B gerne thread! My favorite music gerne. I thought most people on this forum hate R&B. For the female artists, it is very hard to decide. I will probley go with Alicia Keys or Mariah Carey. Fergie's, and Rihanna's main music gerne is considered "pop" by the way. I like Fergie better than Rihanna.

Hmm.... Mariah Carey or Alicia Keys.

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.

Last edited by Tory vs Meaty II; 09-30-2008 at 04:03 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:00 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

Fergie and Rihanna, plus lots of Beyonce is Pop with a little R&B, that's just the way it is. R&B is Rhythm and Blues, I don't see much of that in any of their Music. =P

I choose Rihanna, she's got more talent then all of the choices put togethor.

That is all :p

[Even though I chose her, my actual choices for R&B singers are Estelle, Janet, and Mariah.]
Old 10-01-2008, 04:19 AM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda View Post
Fergie and Rihanna, plus lots of Beyonce is Pop with a little R&B, that's just the way it is. R&B is Rhythm and Blues, I don't see much of that in any of their Music. =P

I choose Rihanna, she's got more talent then all of the choices put togethor.

That is all :p

[Even though I chose her, my actual choices for R&B singers are Estelle, Janet, and Mariah.]
Actually, what Beyoncé puts out as singles and commercial is pop. Since she releases 3 pop/up-tempo singles every album, the fourth single is usually a slow song, as the rest of her songs. Listen to her album tracks, they're ALL R&B. Rihanna's is more pop. Plus, she can't sing. I find it disappointing when artists have to resort to the talkbox. =/ But, at least she's a better singer than Britney. :p
Old 10-01-2008, 04:35 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

Quote:
Originally Posted by :p View Post
Actually, what Beyoncé puts out as singles and commercial is pop. Since she releases 3 pop/up-tempo singles every album, the fourth single is usually a slow song, as the rest of her songs. Listen to her album tracks, they're ALL R&B. Rihanna's is more pop. Plus, she can't sing. I find it disappointing when artists have to resort to the talkbox. =/ But, at least she's a better singer than Britney. :p
Uh Rihanna and Britney sing waaaay better tham Beyonce. =P Beyonce is a terrible, non-catchy singer. Take A Bow may have been low key, kinda talking, but it is better than anything Beyonce has done.

More people like Britney, sorry, D= That's just the way it is, more people like Britney than pretty much every other female artist. Sales-wise she sold quite a bit of albums. More than Beyonce =P

Beyonce's new songs can't even hold a stable spot on the charts now a days. They reach #5 then drop to #62, where as Rihanna starts at #62, and raises all the way to #1, and she stays there. ;p
Old 10-01-2008, 05:27 AM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda View Post
Uh Rihanna and Britney sing waaaay better tham Beyonce. =P Beyonce is a terrible, non-catchy singer. Take A Bow may have been low key, kinda talking, but it is better than anything Beyonce has done.

More people like Britney, sorry, D= That's just the way it is, more people like Britney than pretty much every other female artist. Sales-wise she sold quite a bit of albums. More than Beyonce =P

Beyonce's new songs can't even hold a stable spot on the charts now a days. They reach #5 then drop to #62, where as Rihanna starts at #62, and raises all the way to #1, and she stays there. ;p
Soda, I understand how you feel. But Britney and Rihanna sing better than Beyoncé? No, buddy, no. I'm going to touch everything you've said.

Numbers don't show talent, Soda, Grammys and other awards do. Something Britney has failed to do is win a Grammy, after 4 albums. And Rihanna as well, after 3. As I've told you before, Beyoncé's debut album won her 5 Grammys in one night. Tying the record with Alicia Keys, Lauryn Hill and Amy Winehouse.

If you want to know about album sales, let's try their latest album releases. Rihanna's singles are good, but that doesn't prove she knows how to sing. Britney's last album, Blackout (how appropiate) came out in 2006, as Beyoncé's B'Day (she named it because she released it on her birthday. I hear Britney's doing the same thing this year. Hmm.) Beyonce's album went triple platinum, meaning 3 million+ copies. Britney's didn't even go platinum, that's a shame for Britney! REAL shame, Britney's all about numbers. And get this, it didn't debut at #1, it debut at number 2! Beyoncé's debut with 500,000 copies certifying Gold as debut, at number 1. She's sold what Britney's Blackout sold, TOTAL, in 2 weeks. Wow.

People will listen to what's on the radio. That's why Beyoncé brings her pop as singles and radio play, cause it's what people enjoy, and what people will buy.

Britney has sold more than Beyoncé because INDIVIDUALLY (meaning Beyonce WITHOUT Destiny's Child) she has been on longer than her.

And what do you mean Beyoncés new songs? She hasn't released a single in over a year. You might THINK they were new, but that just means how much airplay they have.

And as far as singing. Beyoncé is compared to Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston and Christina Aguilera. Rihanna and Britney are compared to one another, along with Jigglypuff and William Hung.

Okay, your turn, Soda...go!

Last edited by Sixto; 10-01-2008 at 05:29 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:53 AM
RawrIsMyMiddleName Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to RawrIsMyMiddleName

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmBreon View Post
I love Leona Lewis.

I think she is R&B anyway...
Yesyesyes. <3

She rocks my socks. For the win, Emma. :o