Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

View Poll Results: Pick
My friend, because we're really close 45 88.24%
The other people; It's simple math! 4 7.84%
My friend, because of overpopulation 1 1.96%
The other people, because I hated my friend 1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Re: Who to save: The Person You Love Most, or Three People You've Never Met

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaia View Post
There's no real specification here, so it really depends. If the random three people were children, and the loved one (my mother), I'd save the three people, because my mother has already seen enough of the world and the meaning of life, while the children, well, they've not yet experienced the better things of life yet. My mother would've wanted me to do so, too.
Gaia hit it right on the head, it isnt about saving more lives....Its about not being selfish, what if they were three single mothers barely getting by. Its human nature to justify doing something that’s in its best interest, by turning the other person into someone evil. Its not wrong just part of who we are, we can see those people we don’t know there names, there not so much real to us. Where as your loved one is there something you feel you cant live without.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 09-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Mr M Offline

Send a message via AIM to Mr M Send a message via MSN to Mr M Send a message via Yahoo to Mr M
Default Re: Who to save: The Person You Love Most, or Three People You've Never Met

Hmm..Tough choice for me as well..I'd have to say
the person I love the most! Then again, saving 3 other random people is also a good thing
but then again, they might not be so trustworthy..

~Marcus~
"Oh so..Peachyful!"
Old 09-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

The person I love, for sure. I love them.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 09-29-2008, 07:03 PM
DragoniteMistress Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to DragoniteMistress Send a message via Yahoo to DragoniteMistress

I'd do what I want done to me by who I love most.

I'd expect my friend to save me, so it is only obvious that I would save my friend.

Besides, as said, the other three people could be malicious, and I'd know my friend well enough to save them.

So, yeah:
1 Love > 3 People
Old 09-30-2008, 03:49 AM
Uomo Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Uomo

My friend, of course. xP If I saved three randoms, who knows what would happen to my friend? And if I didn't have my friend I'd die within a few months of not-being-able-to-care for-myself-itis. So pretty much, I'm being quite selfish in this vote. :P
Old 09-30-2008, 10:23 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

I'd save the person I love the most. Sure I'd feel bad for the others, but not nearly as horrible as it would be to let my best friend go. :(

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 09-30-2008, 10:28 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Some of you guys are heartless. :(

Love > 3 random people.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:27 PM
atucker22 Offline

I would save 3 people because, sure I and their family would be sad but 1 death is better than 3.
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats
Old 10-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

It's a decision I hope I never have to make, but I would have to say the other people. It's the right thing to do. Better to save other people's lives than to be selfish. But can't there be an option: Save my friend and one other guy?

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 10-02-2008, 12:25 AM
Origami Offline

Send a message via AIM to Origami

The primary responsibility of each person is, I believe, not to do good unto others, but to do good unto themselves, since good and bad are both subjective things in the big picture. While it's nice to help, you can't really help anyone if you don't first take care of yourself, and if you could, it wouldn't be worth it because you have both free will and life for a reason and that reason is to use them primarily for yourself. So I would do good unto myself and myself alone in the most extreme circumstances. Or in this case, good unto my dearest because in this situation we would both benefit from letting the three strangers die. I'd feel bad, but I am not responsible for them. I am responsible for taking care of myself, and those who need me (pets, dependents, etc) whenever I can afford to, including the one who's dearest to me.

Last edited by Origami; 10-02-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:35 AM
Synester Offline

Send a message via AIM to Synester

Its one of those things that many other people have said, I hope it never comes up. But if I had to chose, it would be my loved one. And why can't the other 3 leave on their own?
Old 10-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Frozen_in_Time Offline

My friend, because we're really close, i guess... what a terrible question D:
Old 10-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

It seems a lot of people voted for the person they love!^^

well the 3 unknow people has a flaw to it

it can either be a guy who invest the cure for canncer, a girl who invents a flying car or someone who saves your life in the future!!!

on the other hand

it could be
asamabiladin- can not spell his name
someone who is going to kill you in future
or a serial killer.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Stubby Boardman Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Stubby Boardman

I'd save both, I'm just cool like that.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Primal Mario Offline

I would have to say my best friend because he has helped me through a lot...

"Without idiots, life would have no meaning."