Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:29 PM
Lord Voldemort Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Lord Voldemort
Default Re: PETA: The Breast is Best!

Ah... I come back here after a while, and this is the first thing that comes to my attention.
My only question is: "Are they serious???"
Old 09-27-2008, 01:52 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Hardy View Post
If PETA was a joke, George Bush would be a George Carlin stand-up.
You win the thread.

Yeah, um, PETA dudes, you do realize that we have milk from soy, right? And almonds and rice. We don't need breast milk. Besides, it would end up farmed exactly like regular milk. Not my idea of good. We can't exactly have woman farms, now can we?
Old 09-27-2008, 01:58 AM
Cheese Offline
Amateur Trainer

Yup. PETA's sick.

That's just inhumane.

To them:
Animals > you.

>_>
Old 09-27-2008, 02:32 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

Actually, that's not so bad an idea I guess... I mean, breast milk and milk straight from an animal probably taste alike... Well... Milk straight from the cow isn't all that appetizing for me.
As long as they treated the milk as they would from cows and did all the necessary hygiene and whatnot to protocol, no-one would be able to tell the difference I guess. One pro would be that the vitamins and minerals from that kind of milk would be more suited to humans and whatnot. But then again, what about the women? I wonder how many nursing mothers would be willing to give up a large-ish amount of their milk for... Ice-cream.... >_>

Pros and cons both. Depends how it's handled really. Some Ice-cream stores around the world might have been doing this secretly for ages?

The Brood is growing!
Old 09-27-2008, 02:40 AM
Emily Offline

Send a message via AIM to Emily Send a message via MSN to Emily Send a message via Skype™ to Emily

Hahaha, wow! Enjoy your AIDS, PETA.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:32 AM
pseudopseudo Offline
Banned

Don't get me wrong, I think PETA is incredibly stupid, but some of you posted hastily. Attack the idea, not the person. PETA's letter suggests donors, people who choose to give away their milk (and for money); no one will be forced to do it.

A popular argument in this thread is that human milk is gross, which is subjective anyways. Drinking purified water is gross. Do you know how gross water is before it is purified? Don't forget, milk is pasteurized to get rid of any unwanted material; human milk would be pasteurized, too. Some people think homosexuality is gross. Some people think pets are gross. What if we had been using human milk the whole time and someone blatantly suggests the use of cow milk? Cows? THAT IS A DIFFERENT SPECIES, GROSS! The norms of society aren't always correct. There may be some facts out there that human milk is bad for you, but it being "gross" is not one of them, and it isn't a good argument either.

Last edited by pseudopseudo; 09-27-2008 at 04:05 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:49 AM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
PETA can be REALLY stupid sometimes...
Seriously, they said cow's milk is linked to diabetes?
But there was one thing that really stood out here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The least intelligent letter I've read in a while
Using cow's milk for your ice cream is a hazard to your customer's health. Dairy products have been linked to juvenile diabetes, allergies, constipation, obesity, and prostate and ovarian cancer. The late Dr. Benjamin Spock, America's leading authority on child care, spoke out against feeding cow's milk to children, saying it may play a role in anemia, allergies, and juvenile diabetes and in the long term, will set kids up for obesity and heart disease--America's number one cause of death.
XD

Old 09-27-2008, 04:03 AM
karmachameleon Offline

Send a message via AIM to karmachameleon

I honestly think that's less strange than drinking from a different' species breast milk.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:46 AM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to George Jefferson Send a message via MSN to George Jefferson Send a message via Yahoo to George Jefferson Send a message via Skype™ to George Jefferson

I remember an episode of Beavis & Butt-head.

Butt-head explained a theory to Beavis, as they were standing outside a lingerie store, claiming that if they had touched the underwear, it's be like touching all the women that the underwear were to be put upon.

If you can explain relevance to this topic, I'll give you AIDS. If you don't, I'll give you AIDS as well. Win/win.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:36 PM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

What... ._.

That's disgusting. Almost as moronic as the crazy idea that a shot of urine from a pregnant woman would make you lose weight.

People are dumb.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

I don't see how an ice cream plant can actually get enough milk from breasts to simply make their billions upon billions tonnes of ice cream throughout the year. I also don't see any real significant advantages except that the composition of human milk does have more sugar and less fat, making the ice cream taste sweeter.

Then again, there are significant issues in processing the milk (I doubt you can just pasteurize it like regular cow milk, more like total sterility would be required), as well as problems with human rights on "breast milk farms", not to mention the costs of running the farm in providing good food, shelter, and pay, the long return time, and the lack of milk return, as I'd imagine breast milk is produced in much smaller amounts.

The only "positive" I can think of is that there would be less jobless women, though I'm not sure what kind of women would want a job of literally making babies, and then selling their breast milk.

In all, a stupid idea by PETA, though this isn't surprising.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Surly Professor Offline
Monsterous
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

And don't humans stop producing the enzyme for breaking up breast milk when we are 5 years old or so?

Well anyway, congradulations PETA on this massively successful publicity stunt, and also to that Swiss creep who both sparked & piggy-backed this whole thing.
Even if your restaurant is a dismal failure, you can already claim to have been on the lips of millions.

The good can decay many ways.
The good candy came anyways.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly Professor View Post
And don't humans stop producing the enzyme for breaking up breast milk when we are 5 years old or so?

Well anyway, congradulations PETA on this massively successful publicity stunt, and also to that Swiss creep who both sparked & piggy-backed this whole thing.
Even if your restaurant is a dismal failure, you can already claim to have been on the lips of millions.
It's all types of milk, including cow milk. Lactose intolerance is from the loss of this enzyme. However, most caucasians have a mutation in that gene, allowing them to produce that enzyme even in adulthood. This is why so many more Asians and Blacks that are lactose intolerant in comparison to Caucasians.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:05 PM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Wow, now every pervert's fantasy has came true.

one word: GROSS!!!

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 09-29-2008, 08:57 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

omfg facepalm. So it would be more humane to milk humans than milk cows?

Lol @ the whole "the milk is for the calves!1!" ****. Cows that are bred for the milk don't even have calves.

How are they even going to mass produce the stuff anyway? Are they just going to gather up a bunch of ladies and milk them with a machine?

P.S. I hope PETA doesn't find out about what we did Labor Day morning.