Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 10-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: Should I Trade In My Xbox 360 to Get a Wii?

I would go for the wii, to be honest I would never have gotten an xbox360 over a ps3 or wii ^^,.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Seercry Offline
Experienced Trainer

Hellz no. The Wii is flashy on the outside, but other than SSBB and a few other choice games, the Wii is lacking in good, smooth games. Stick with the 360 or get a PS3, if you can afford it. I own the Wii and have regretted every second of it.

Also, though you probably already know this, if you like Pokemon games(like classic games, no branch-off trozeis or MD's), you may want to try Viva Pinata. It's not exactly the same, but it's pretty close and, IMO, pretty fun.

Cred for Avatar and Banner go to Anastasia-R

Last edited by Seercry; 10-06-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Ultima Boss Offline

Pretty much what a few others have said: save for a Wii and keep your 360. However, do not forget games like Endless Ocean, which anyone in this thread has yet to recognize. Don't forget Castlevania: Judgment and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, sequel to Tales of Symphonia.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:59 AM
Synester Offline

Send a message via AIM to Synester

Are you on crack? Honest question =|. You need to be slapped if you do that. 360>Wii

~Leave it on the Line~

Last edited by Synester; 10-10-2008 at 05:45 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:37 AM
Palkia247 Offline

I would go with a no. Although I have heard rumours about non-working xBox360's. Sometimes the micro-chip in an XBOX360 just..stops working.
Apart from that fact I would keep your 360.

The Wii overall is a great console, but it just gets too boring overtime. There are better games on the 360 that haven't come out on Wii.
Take Assassins Creed for example.

Stick with the XBOX360
I want one for Christmas.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:55 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullz View Post
Are you on crack? Honest question =|. You need to be slapped if you do that. 360>Wii

~Leave it on the Line~
It's just a simple matter of whether or not one should be waiting or not for the "hardcore games" to come out on the Wii. The fact that this is inevitable helps, I guess.

I'm not sure if waiting is a good idea, unfortunately.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:19 AM
The_Seventieth_Evil Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I wouldn't trade for a Wii...

I dunno about the rest of the world, but where I live, most any store now will have ample stock of the Wii. The Toys R Us store nearest me, for example, actually had nearly TWO HUNDRED in stock last week, because not many people were buying them. It's the PS3 that can be tricky to get in my end of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima Boss View Post
Pretty much what a few others have said: save for a Wii and keep your 360. However, do not forget games like Endless Ocean, which anyone in this thread has yet to recognize. Don't forget Castlevania: Judgment and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, sequel to Tales of Symphonia.
I like that game but for the music. I had to beg my BF into making an SD card specifically because the in-game music, though relaxing I suppose, got annoying.

Paint It Black - Rolling Stones, The
Under the Sea - The Little Mermaid
New Orleans is Sinking (And I Don't Want to Swim) - Tragically Hip, The
Run Through The Jungle - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Jurrassic Park - Weird Al
Goodbye Squirrel - Cledus T. Judd < Awesome song!
The End - Groove Coverage
Technologic - Daft Punk
Slaughterama - GWAR
C is for Cookie - Sesame Street (Cookie Monster)

Last edited by The_Seventieth_Evil; 10-10-2008 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Ultima Boss Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullz View Post
I highly encourage you to expand your horizons and/or enjoy life a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Seventieth_Evil View Post
I like that game but for the music.
I used Endless Ocean to point out that there are games one could enjoy besides 'hardcore' games, though I'm sure there are more, and would be more if, like I told the above quoted poster, people start to "expand their horizons".
Old 10-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Blaziken Knight Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

i wouldnt trade. there are things called Lick A Prize paddlepops from streets paddlepops =).

Just waste 50 dollars or so buying boxes of them, eat them down, if you get, i think its 2 or 3 paddlepop sticks that end up being put together to make a wii like picture, youve won a wii =)

my friend, named Taylor won a wii from that.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Rage12 Offline
Elite Trainer

Uhh, I suggest keeping the 360. I have both systems, and the Wii just sits there and collects dust, because there's only two games I found worth playing. On the other hand, I play the campaign for Gears of War like five times a week and I never get bored with it. I suggest getting Gears of War, Oblivion.

I must agree though, after playing Gears of War, then playing Halo 3, I was very bored, but that's just me. I like my heads to pop off when I get a headshot, and limbs to fly off when a grenade lands near you, as well as blood spraying on to the screen when I blast someone with a shotgun.

Anyways, just buy the Wii later, because you might enjoy it more than eye, but there's always to many new titles coming out on the 360 that are worth playing.

On a side note, Halo 3 didn't deserve an M rating, I rarely saw blood.

Click it if you want to read
Old 10-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Synyster Gates Offline
Amateur Trainer

Eventually all games will get boring, my advice is to sell your 360 try doing something else besides playing games...if you think about it you just spend alot of money on some game you can play for a while till it just eh...so think first whats the point of it just to have fun for little bit. Then later you get the hang of not playing games and see how much more you can do then playing games
Old 10-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Hate to say it, but the Wii is badly overrated, and is a very family-based console meant to be played with other younger audiences of people who enjoy simplistic and non-complex games that don't have a storyline or whatever. Most games on the Wii are minigame based, don't really get that much into depth beyond a collection of simple minigames or menial tasks (Animal Crossing) to do, and you will be very hard pressed to find even a Mature-rated game on the Wii. I'll be honest, I treasure my Xbox 360 more than my Wii.

SSBB is badly overrated as well, and I honestly think most people don't want to admit that the game they waited so impatiently for ended up being a disappointment. I felt this way, never enjoying it even half as much as I did with Melee.

Like I've said in previous Xbox 360 VS Wii threads before, Xbox 360 separates the men from the boys. With the Wii, you will never find even relatively violent games existing on that console. You will not get your Resident Evil 5, Gears of War, Halo, Ninja Gaiden, or anything that has even just a small drop of blood on the Wii. I'll be very clear, Wii took a very tremendous step down in maturity from even its Gamecube days. While XBox 360 owners eagerly await for Resident Evil 5, Gears of War 2, Resistance 2, and Fallout 3, a person who owns a Wii will only be getting more and more Animal Crossing, Cooking Mama, and likely more Mario Karts than they'll know what to do with. We really only use our Wii for party games, and that it. And I can honestly say, we haven't played it for at least six months by now.

Don't mind me saying, but its disappointing to see Nintendo voluntarily handing its market share of mature gaming audiences freely to Sony and Microsoft.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

IMO, the Wii is highly underrated. Yes, I said it, UNDERRATED. People constantly refer to it as a gimmick, and an immature system that is full of only casual "kiddie" games. This, as I've found, is not the case. With my Wii, I find that I can get any and every gaming experience that I want, (though if you like shooters most, stick with the 360, it does have the best shooters) be it racing, shooting, RPG, action, casual, sports, or puzzle. When I want to play video games, no matter what the game, I get my needs fulfilled on the Wii.

Yesterday, I went into it wanting to just sit down and have a little fun, so I took out Boom Blox, popped it in, and enjoyed myself.

Later in the day, however, I felt like an online shooter, so I threw in Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 (underrated, but don't think I'm comparing it to CoD4 or Halo. It's not THAT good. Best FPS controls ever, though) and within minutes I was *coughcoughfreelycoughcough* online playing capture the flag. Though it does not support voice chat, (which I rarely use anyway on the 360, because people take it too seriously) it does have a nice, accessible way to "chat" with a series of commands like "Move out", "Hold position", "Need Back-up" etc.

Two hours later, I finished with that, and by golly, I wanted to play a sports game. Wii's got you covered there too. I put in Madden '09 All-Play (Don't be fooled by the All-play title however, it's not casual) and I was having more fun than I ever did with Madden on the 360 (Ugh, that's just too complex. I want to have fun, not be under pressure like a real quarterback).

Towards the end of the day, I was tired and I wanted to just sit back, relax, and not play games anymore. SO, I went to the Wii menu and got my daily dose of news, checked the weather, surfed the net, took a few polls, saw the results of a few polls, made a few Miis to enter in contests, got a few awesome Miis from online, and checked up on Nintendo news.

What you can see here is not nearly the extent of the Wii, but is all I had time to do in one day (haha). The Wii is far from flawed, for instance, it lacks a realistic racing game, and amazing graphics, but all things considered, it is the system I can have the most fun with by far. I got bored of my brother's 360 in about a month and a half. I've had the Wii for a year and a half, and it's been my gaming console of choice throughout that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
and you will be very hard pressed to find even a Mature-rated game on the Wii.
No More Heroes. Great game.

Quote:
SSBB is badly overrated as well, and I honestly think most people don't want to admit that the game they waited so impatiently for ended up being a disappointment. I felt this way, never enjoying it even half as much as I did with Melee.
SSBB was a great game, but it wasn't anything new. I've had TONS of fun with it, but yes, it is overrated.

Quote:
With the Wii, you will never find even relatively violent games existing on that console. You will not get your Resident Evil 5, Gears of War, Halo, Ninja Gaiden, or anything that has even just a small drop of blood on the Wii.
Yea, the Wii doesn't have the bloodiest game in existence, nor is it getting an even bloodier one. Do some research.

I love how one of the main arguments against the Wii is that it doesn't have mature titles.

Last edited by Charbok; 10-12-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:50 PM
yugimon121 Offline
New Trainer

you should get a wii. but is your xbox a 360? if it is you should know with some equitment your xbox 360 can come a computor with internet. though you can buy a wii browser to go on the internet.
YOU MUST KNOW THIS! IN A WII, THERE IS NO TALKING. IT COMES UP IN WRITING INSTEAD.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Quote:
Originally Posted by yugimon121 View Post
you should get a wii. but is your xbox a 360?
I think that's a safe assumption based on the title.

Quote:
if it is you should know with some equitment your xbox 360 can come a computor with internet.
I did not know that my 360 could come a computer. I'll have look into that.

Quote:
though you can buy a wii browser to go on the internet.
YOU MUST KNOW THIS! IN A WII, THERE IS NO TALKING. IT COMES UP IN WRITING INSTEAD.
The 360 can't talk either.