Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Prison Break Offline
New Trainer

Default Pokémon: Da Ghetto Trainer

Pokémon: Da Ghetto Trainer
written by Prison Break

CHAPTER 01: "The Present"
It was an ordinary day in the ghetto of Saffron City, the part of of the city where black people who couldn't afford ordinary departments were placed. Our main character is the 12 years old Curtis, a black kid with a dream: to become the greatest Pokémon Master of all time. But why? He was never too good at school or soccer, and he would often be called useless. Because of that, he had no confidence in himself.

His only friend was the other black kid, Tupac. Tupac would always say "Don't worry about 'em, homie" when people laughed at Curtis. But Curtis couldn't take it like nothing! His mom was dead, and his dad weren't very supportive, telling Curtis "People are different. Maybe, you just got less qualities than the other kids"... Curtis wanted to prove to the world that he wasn't useless, that he had one talent that no one could laugh at. And he believed that to be Pokémon dueling.

However, he had no Pokémon license, nor could he afford PokeBalls. It seemed like a hopeless dream. Until one day, his dad said: "Curtis, yo have been blabbering 'bout Pokémon for so long. **** what 'em other niggaz are sayin', I believe in ya, son! And I have decided to give you 200 cash so yo can catch ya own Pokémon! Besides that, you can have my old trainer license... I grew tired of 'em Pokémon thingys years ago anyways, y'know?". Curtis couldn't believe it. He cried tears of joy as he hugged his dad, saying: "Thank you, dad! That's the best present ever!".

Curtis told Tupac the news, and together, the two black kids went towards the local shop to buy a PokeBall. "A PokeBall? For what?" the shop owner teased, Curtis answering: "To start on my journey to become the best Pokémon master ever". The shop owner laughed and gave Curtis the PokeBall.

"Some day... You will respect me" Curtis answered in anger. "Sure, I will... Sure, some ****** from the ghetto will become the greatest of all trainers" the shopowner said in a sarcastic tone with a smile on his mouth. Curtis was about to go mad at him, but Tupac held him, saying: "It's not worth it, Curtis. Ignore him". Curtis had a PokeBall... Now, he would need a Pokémon to begin his career as a Pokémon Trainer!

Last edited by Prison Break; 09-18-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Daughter of Mew Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Daughter of Mew
Default Re: Pokémon: Da Ghetto Trainer

I think you might want to work on the spacing between lines. Like this:
Quote:
As I walked into the room, and I saw him. A tall man, dressed in plain black robes.

"Hey!" He shouted at me, but I knew what he wanted. He wanted it back. But I couldn't give it to him. Not yet.

As I ran away...
You get the idea? Also, you may want to work on length a little bit, maybe more description?
Scream~
Old 09-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Prison Break Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daughter of Mew View Post
I think you might want to work on the spacing between lines. Like this:

You get the idea? Also, you may want to work on length a little bit, maybe more description?
Scream~
I edited the spacing :) And description will come, this was more of a "intro", lol
Old 09-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Daughter of Mew Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Break View Post
I edited the spacing :) And description will come, this was more of a "intro", lol
Oh, ok then! Just one more thing: New speaker, new line.

Sorry, I'm fussy about grammar! ^^;;
Scream~
Old 09-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Prison Break Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Oh, ok then! Just one more thing: New speaker, new line.

Sorry, I'm fussy about grammar! ^^;;
Scream~
**** grammar, whaddya think of the story so far? The concept of the maincharacter being from Saffron City, 12 years old, black, having no confidence, etc.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Daughter of Mew Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Break View Post
**** grammar, whaddya think of the story so far? The concept of the maincharacter being from Saffron City, 12 years old, black, having no confidence, etc.

I think it's very original, but some people may get offended...
Scream~

Last edited by Daughter of Mew; 09-18-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Prison Break Offline
New Trainer

Quote:

I think it's very original, but some people may get offended...
Scream~
Nah. They won't Now, Imma start on chapter 2!