Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:07 AM
Surly Professor Offline
Monsterous
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: World Populaton Growth?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Oh Surly, your response makes this too easy for me. :)
Lake Eerie.
This would be a controled eutrophication.
More like the natural upwells of Monterey Bay or the Sea of Japan, before the plundering.

The good can decay many ways.
The good candy came anyways.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:33 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
Are you sure of that? How do you know Hitler's intentions? Maybe he was doing it because he thought it was for the greater good? I'm not saying he wasn't evil, but maybe he just thought he wasn't. And you know what killing off the disabled to free up some space would be? It would be for the greater good. So tell me, without presuming to know his intentions, how would it be different from Hitler? But no, you're absolutely right. In fact, we can do it really easily. We don't even have to waste any resources, let's just fire up the gassing chambers at Auschwitz-Birkenau. What'll we call the project, the Final Solution or something like that?

I understand where you're coming from Azumao, but nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, excuses genocide. What you're talking about isn't just killing people who aren't productive to society. You're also killing sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, friends. People who other people care about, and who might not want to have family executed "for the greater good".

And, leaving all of that aside, it would just be a temporary fix. At the rate at which we breed, then the gap would be filled pretty quickly. There is no solution. But even if we overfill the planet, there's more out there. It is possible to change the atmosphere of Mars or Jupiter's moons. We can adapt the planet to suit our needs, it's not like we haven't done it here already.

@KFC: Duh. We fly over the asteroid belt. You forget, you can move in all eight dimensions in space.
Simple. Kill everyone related to that person in any way so nobody's gonna grieve. Problem solved.

Genocide is the most effective way, but pretty much no one is gonna root for it unless they wanna die first.

And my country is getting overpopulated. :(

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 09-29-2008, 05:33 AM
simpy Offline
New Trainer

Population control is required all around the world n I think china's one child policy would indeed help in other countries as well.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Nin Doh Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Master View Post
World Population Growth.
They say that the world's population will double in 50 years, yet it took us 2000 to get here.
My teacher says it's because of all this medicine and tech.
The average life span is like 83 for girls, and 79 for boys. ()
It used to be about 50 for both of us.
We should have another black plauge! (I'm totally joking!)

Discuss.
Medicine and technoloy allow more people to stay alive and have babies. And just so you know, you basically just said no one existed 2000 years ago. :\ Even though there is concrete proof we existed 100,000 years ago. -rolls eyes- Also, the population doesn't grow at a steady rate for all eternity. 2 people have 2 kids. Those 2 kids each of 2 kids. All those kids have 2 kids. And all their kids have 2 kids. Just that is 32 kids. Do it in a range of billions now and see what happens.

The only way to fix the population problem is famine and plague. Which will happen, it will always happen. And no, I am not suggesting we induce them. Just wait for them and blah. Problem solved for the next 1000 or so years. That is if it was a really bad one.

Or of course there is an asteroid impact, super-volcanic eruption, magnetic pole shift, magnetic shield shut down (extinction for everything on earth), mass corona injection which is powerful enough to set fire to earths atmosphere (this will never happen but it can), a wondering black hole comes into our solar system, a near by supernova causing a gamma ray burst which if we are in the path we get cooked by gamma radiation. Basically my point is, don't worry about the population problem because it always solves itself.