Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Kenny_C.002's Avatar
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hina <3
Posts: 12,268
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Ar Tonelico 2 In the US this December

http://nisamerica.com/news/20080807.html

American release this December. Crap. Now I have this AND Persona 4 to get...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-06-2008, 07:35 AM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 1,694
Send a message via AIM to George Jefferson Send a message via MSN to George Jefferson Send a message via Yahoo to George Jefferson Send a message via Skype™ to George Jefferson
Default Re: Ar Tonelico 2 In the US this December

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
http://nisamerica.com/news/20080807.html

American release this December. Crap. Now I have this AND Persona 4 to get...
Not relevant to the topic, but...

How was the first Ar Tonelico? Would it be something in my area?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-07-2008, 02:44 AM
Kenny_C.002's Avatar
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hina <3
Posts: 12,268
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Ar Tonelico 2 In the US this December

Super-easy RPG game. Realistically the only thing that made Ar Tonelico good were its music and the dive system, which plays like a dating sim. The battle system was interesting and fun, but fell short of being anything that would be strategically important.

I'm not even sure on what your "area" is...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-07-2008, 03:08 AM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 1,694
Send a message via AIM to George Jefferson Send a message via MSN to George Jefferson Send a message via Yahoo to George Jefferson Send a message via Skype™ to George Jefferson
Default Re: Ar Tonelico 2 In the US this December

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Super-easy RPG game. Realistically the only thing that made Ar Tonelico good were its music and the dive system, which plays like a dating sim. The battle system was interesting and fun, but fell short of being anything that would be strategically important.

I'm not even sure on what your "area" is...
Any SRPG from NIS/ An RPG in the terms of high depth and customization, as well as an interesting system to keep me entertained.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-07-2008, 03:20 AM
Kenny_C.002's Avatar
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hina <3
Posts: 12,268
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Ar Tonelico 2 In the US this December

The depth of the first game was mediocre. Customizability is low in Ar Tonelico. The game's developed by GUST, so by technicality, your reference points would be the Atelier Iris series (without the alchemy). The point of the game is to just be a game that you beat quickly for the storyline to continue, which is very different from what you're used to in NIS-developed games. :3
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-07-2008, 04:27 AM
Jet's Avatar
Jet Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: "3 stars and a sun"
Posts: 3,094
Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet
Default Re: Ar Tonelico 2 In the US this December

I wouldn't say customizability isn't THAT low... the gems you alot to your stuff aren't, as well as the "minor alchemy" they have :3

yeah, base them on Atelier Iris games... I played Ar Tonelico 1st before the Atelier series though, and I found the Tonelico much easier, and I have the patience for it too.

it's about damn time they release 2 though :/ Japan has had it like... for a while...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-07-2008, 05:27 AM
Kenny_C.002's Avatar
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hina <3
Posts: 12,268
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Ar Tonelico 2 In the US this December

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I wouldn't say customizability isn't THAT low... the gems you alot to your stuff aren't, as well as the "minor alchemy" they have :3

yeah, base them on Atelier Iris games... I played Ar Tonelico 1st before the Atelier series though, and I found the Tonelico much easier, and I have the patience for it too.

it's about damn time they release 2 though :/ Japan has had it like... for a while...
Gem creation/usage was useful for the first quarter of the game. The rest of the time you just use whatever you buy. >.>

That game still has less customization than say Tales of Symphonia. :3

Anyways, yeah it's about time. Wonder if they'll do the whole package again.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com