Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Poring Offline

Send a message via AIM to Poring
Default Re: Door A or Door B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
Door A, if you can order the "zombie" to have a free will. I don't like naked people, though. :|

Door B if it's a nightmare. Either one if it's just a dream.
I don't think becoming self-aware qualifies as a basic command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGBoss View Post
Haha Door A..I can make of the hottest Girls every month...and tell em to bend over..lmao...and also like someone here you cant give up..and you need to try to find a way to get out...lots of stuff can happen in 20 yrs who knows they might cancel the experiment..not enough funding or something...and the most important you can definitely not take your own life...is like the biggest sin you can possibly commit.
Oh, come on, Charbok even repeated it. In bold, even! I thought that would be the end of it.

Once again, your choices are:

A. LIVE WITH THE CONDITIONS THEY GIVE YOU FOR 20 YEARS. THE EXPERIMENT WILL NOT BE CANCELED. THE SCIENTISTS HAVE AN INFINITE AMOUNT OF MONEY, AND NO CONSCIENCE WHATSOEVER. THE ROOM IS INESCAPABLE, AND THE SCIENTISTS HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY TO HEAL WHATEVER DAMAGE YOU INFLICT ON YOUR BODY.

B. KILL YOURSELF.

NO LOOPHOLES.

And I think the things you were suggesting in the first two lines are pretty sinful, too. I'm sure whatever deity you worship would understand suicide in that situation, anyway.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:18 PM
RPGBoss Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to RPGBoss Send a message via MSN to RPGBoss Send a message via Yahoo to RPGBoss Send a message via Skype™ to RPGBoss

Haha..yah they're sinful but taking your own life is the worst you can possibly do.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster Gates View Post
If you love life dont you rather live it than get rid of it?
Think of it this way. You love your life. Would you rather live it in pain and loneliness, with nothing but a slave who does not speak? Or would you rather take your life, and save it from falling to such a level?

Quote:
Haha..yah they're sinful but taking your own life is the worst you can possibly do.
In your opinion. If it's a situation like this one, I'd consider imprisoning yourself for 20 years far worse.

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 09-06-2008, 05:33 PM
RPGBoss Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to RPGBoss Send a message via MSN to RPGBoss Send a message via Yahoo to RPGBoss Send a message via Skype™ to RPGBoss

It couldnt be that bad...you get everyhting handed to you..meals, a bed, books a psp it says you can get anything unless its something you can use to harm yourself...its not like they're hitting you or abusing you constantly.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
It couldnt be that bad...you get everyhting handed to you..meals, a bed, books a psp it says you can get anything unless its something you can use to harm yourself...its not like they're hitting you or abusing you constantly.
Um, you can't get anything electrical.

Also, you wouldn't have social interaction. As much as people can claim that they're loners and wouldn't mind, humans are social beasts, and need interaction. And don't say you can use the lifeless slaves because they're...well, lifeless.

Deathspector

Old 09-06-2008, 05:49 PM
RPGBoss Offline
Master Trainer

well Im definitely not a loner :D...and as much as I hate to be in that situation if I had to go through that experiment I would have to do Option A because I just cant kill myself...I can have someone kill me but I cant do it myself.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Synyster Gates Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathspector View Post

Um, you can't get anything electrical.

Also, you wouldn't have social interaction. As much as people can claim that they're loners and wouldn't mind, humans are social beasts, and need interaction. And don't say you can use the lifeless slaves because they're...well, lifeless.

Deathspector
Well wont it would be better if you take door a cause what if you really wanted to see others you loved or would you just die and never even say goodbye knwoing that you wont ever see the ones you cared for. like a father who wants to see his family again will go through 20 years of lonliness just to be back with his family.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
well Im definitely not a loner :D...and as much as I hate to be in that situation if I had to go through that experiment I would have to do Option A because I just cant kill myself...I can have someone kill me but I cant do it myself.
Ah, there we have the truth. Yeah, I think it all comes down to whether or not you'd shoot yourself. And to save myself from Room A, I would.

Deathspector

EDIT: Synyster Gates; I didn't say anything about loved ones. But don't you think that after twenty years your whole mental outlook would change? You'd be a burden upon your loved ones more than anything.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Synyster Gates Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathspector View Post

Ah, there we have the truth. Yeah, I think it all comes down to whether or not you'd shoot yourself. And to save myself from Room A, I would.

Deathspector

EDIT: Synyster Gates; I didn't say anything about loved ones. But don't you think that after twenty years your whole mental outlook would change? You'd be a burden upon your loved ones more than anything.
of course your mental outlook would change but still a person only has one life to spare and not another to waste
Old 09-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster Gates View Post
of course your mental outlook would change but still a person only has one life to spare and not another to waste
And spending twenty years alone, locked away from society isn't a waste?

Deathspector

Old 09-06-2008, 06:54 PM
RPGBoss Offline
Master Trainer

Talking Re: Door A or Door B

It is a waste but think about it..in my case Im 20 which means Id be out of there by the time I hit 40..I can still enjoy life after that...and plus I better get paid for doing that stupid experiment..!

Old 09-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
It is a waste but think about it..in my case Im 20 which means Id be out of there by the time I hit 40..I can still enjoy life after that...and plus I better get paid for doing that stupid experiment..!
But the experiment would have addled with your mind, and you'd be in no state to live your life. Twenty years of no social interaction. That just doesn't work.

Deathspector

Old 09-06-2008, 07:58 PM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy

So... Can I order a book on how to make an Absolute Zero fridge and build one? It's technically mechanical rather than electronic, and the parts should be pretty much plain old metal.

For one thing, at Absolute Zero, time doesn't flow. For another thing, a fridge is the absolute defense against EVERYTHING.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Apocrypha Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Apocrypha

I would choose Door A. I could study and learn many things. I just couldn't take my own life. I think the meaning behind it is you cannot have social interaction or outside interference. Plus, you couldn't have alot of things. The radius is twice your height. That's pretty small.

Hypothetical Situation #1:
Get a clone of Chuck Norris. Break out.

Hypothetical Situation #2:
Try to starve to death. Observe where they come in. Break out.

^ Epic banner made by Anastasia-R ^
Old 09-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Hoshika Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
Hypothetical Situation #1:
Get a clone of Chuck Norris. Break out.
You can't clone Chuck Norris. He'll pop out of a multidimensional rift in space he made and roundhouse kick you in the face before you decide to ask.

Besides, all clones are naked. D:
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.