Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 09-11-2008, 03:03 AM
Synester's Avatar
Synester Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,449
Send a message via AIM to Synester
Default Re: The LHC Will Destroy the World? Think Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post
Today was a trial run of the systems. they haven't collided anything yet.

You know what occured to me? It might be unlikely that we'll kill ourselves with a black hole, but has anyone given thought to the fact that we're recreating the biggest explosion in all of creation?
Which is why I signed a pettition to destroy that thing =|. Honeslty, not worth the risk, even its a small chance it could happen. There's still the chance that "It could happen". I don't think I'm to interested in seeing how the universe was created, with a chance that whole world could be sucked up >_>. Who knows, it might lead somewhere and shoots us on a collision course with Betelgeuse =D.[/joke]
__________________
I got infracted for the 4 word rule when the post had 4 words in it...l2count derp.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Surly Professor's Avatar
Surly Professor Offline
Monsterous
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Terra Incognita
Posts: 2,028
Exclamation LHC: Looming Humanitarian Catastrophe

Has the LHC destroyed the world yet?
Check here for live updates.
__________________

The good can decay many ways.
The good candy came anyways.

Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-13-2008, 02:32 AM
Orthar's Avatar
Orthar Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Away from Crusties.
Posts: 5,506
Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar
Default Re: LHC: Looming Humanitarian Catastrophe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly Professor View Post
Has the LHC destroyed the world yet?
Check here for live updates.
Lawl, I found that website a while back.

And just to let you know, this is a thread explaining why it won't destroy the world.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-13-2008, 10:22 AM
SiberianTiger's Avatar
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Unlike you, the real world
Posts: 6,661
Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger
Default Re: The LHC Will Destroy the World? Think Again.

If you think firing the LHC will result in the end of the world, you are an idiot.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY ZERO CHANCE IT WILL END THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT, EVEN THOUGH HEAVEN KNOWS SOME PEOPLE NEED A WAKEUP CALL >_>

btw, now would probably be a bad time to mention theory put to practice isn't always perfect

~Isaiah
__________________


URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref

Last edited by SiberianTiger; 09-13-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-13-2008, 03:37 PM
ReclusiveDemon's Avatar
ReclusiveDemon Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Trident
Posts: 3,870
Send a message via AIM to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via MSN to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via Skype™ to ReclusiveDemon
Default Re: LHC: Looming Humanitarian Catastrophe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly Professor View Post
Has the LHC destroyed the world yet?
Check here for live updates.
Damn. I clicked in hopes it would tell me it had. :(
__________________
formerly known as ReclusiveDemon

Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-13-2008, 04:00 PM
-Zodeon Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England <3
Posts: 1,018
Default Re: The LHC Will Destroy the World? Think Again.

Haha when it started everyone t school was like oop!!

And then nothing happened so everyone was like, maybe its warming up..
__________________


0989 7772 7033
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-16-2008, 02:58 AM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: The LHC Will Destroy the World? Think Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullz View Post

Which is why I signed a pettition to destroy that thing =|. Honeslty, not worth the risk, even its a small chance it could happen. There's still the chance that "It could happen". I don't think I'm to interested in seeing how the universe was created, with a chance that whole world could be sucked up >_>. Who knows, it might lead somewhere and shoots us on a collision course with Betelgeuse =D.[/joke]
That depends on your point of view. This thing could actually solve the universe. Like, the question to which the answer is 42 big. We could understand what Dark Matter is, the God Particle, and about a bajillion other things. So yeah, I think it's worth it. Besides, they've proven that it almost definitely won't destroy the world. I was actually wrong with that, they aren't recreating the explosion, they're recreating the conditions that the big bang took place in. Worst case scenario, we re-make the universe, which technically makes humankind Gods. Not that we'll be able to enjoy it, seeing as we'll all be dead, but hey, if there's an afterworld, how awesome would that be to look at the universe and know that we were actually the ones who made that?
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-16-2008, 03:21 AM
SiberianTiger's Avatar
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Unlike you, the real world
Posts: 6,661
Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger
Default Re: The LHC Will Destroy the World? Think Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post
That depends on your point of view. This thing could actually solve the universe. Like, the question to which the answer is 42 big. We could understand what Dark Matter is, the God Particle, and about a bajillion other things. So yeah, I think it's worth it. Besides, they've proven that it almost definitely won't destroy the world. I was actually wrong with that, they aren't recreating the explosion, they're recreating the conditions that the big bang took place in. Worst case scenario, we re-make the universe, which technically makes humankind Gods. Not that we'll be able to enjoy it, seeing as we'll all be dead, but hey, if there's an afterworld, how awesome would that be to look at the universe and know that we were actually the ones who made that?
That's the spirit! Keep hope and dreams alive.

~Isaiah
__________________


URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-16-2008, 04:33 AM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: The LHC Will Destroy the World? Think Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianTiger View Post
That's the spirit! Keep hope and dreams alive.

~Isaiah
Oh, shut up. I was trying to put it on a lighter note. We're not destroying the earth/universe, we're solving the mysteries of all that is, was, and will be in the universe.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-16-2008, 05:04 AM
SiberianTiger's Avatar
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Unlike you, the real world
Posts: 6,661
Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger
Default Re: The LHC Will Destroy the World? Think Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post
Oh, shut up. I was trying to put it on a lighter note. We're not destroying the earth/universe, we're solving the mysteries of all that is, was, and will be in the universe.
Yea well, You tried. I succeeded.

Good game and good night.

~Isaiah
__________________


URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Hoshika's Avatar
Hoshika Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: '¯\(ಠ_ಠ)/¯'
Posts: 6,618
Default Re: The LHC Will Destroy the World? Think Again.

Maybe the LHC will end up making a tiny replica of our universe that we can poke around and stuff to cause massive world-ending planet collisions involving Betelguese and a planet made of solid gold, thus turning into a ham sandwich. :o

But, really, if it works, then what?
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Daughter of Mew's Avatar
Daughter of Mew Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 2,927
Send a message via Skype™ to Daughter of Mew
Default Re: The LHC Will Destroy the World? Think Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
Maybe the LHC will end up making a tiny replica of our universe that we can poke around and stuff to cause massive world-ending planet collisions involving Betelguese and a planet made of solid gold, thus turning into a ham sandwich. :o

But, really, if it works, then what?
Or maybe Darth Vader will come out of that Universe, and there'll be a huge Star Wars, which kills our Universe off? Could happen.

No, if the LHC does make a black hole, then we'll know about it. Anyways, it'd happen in a few years from when it was switched on, so we've got time.
__________________
harr harr im funny
twitter | tumblr | moi
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-16-2008, 11:08 PM
Ranma's Avatar
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 3,196
Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma
Default Re: The LHC Will Destroy the World? Think Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daughter of Mew View Post
Or maybe Darth Vader will come out of that Universe, and there'll be a huge Star Wars, which kills our Universe off? Could happen.

No, if the LHC does make a black hole, then we'll know about it. Anyways, it'd happen in a few years from when it was switched on, so we've got time.
*weeks, not years.

And we wouldn't know if it made a black hole because we'd be sucked up and dead before we can even comprehend what happened. o:
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-16-2008, 11:10 PM
Charbok's Avatar
Charbok Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 6,907
Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok
Default Re: The LHC Will Destroy the World? Think Again.

Wouldn't it be funny if in the middle of this post, the LHC created a black hole and
__________________
oh hi.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-16-2008, 11:44 PM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: The LHC Will Destroy the World? Think Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if in the middle of this post, the LHC created a black hole and
It's actually impossible to make a black hole. There's a reason they are created by dying stars, it simply requires that much mass crumpled to molecular size to create a gravity great enough to make a black hole. And they're just smashing particles. Someone explain how tiny particles with masses of less than one can create something with enough gravity to suck in light itself.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com