Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General

General Hang out here and talk to people participating the Ultra RPG. Talk about anything related to the Ultra RPG, or just any casual discussion with fellow participants of the Ultra RPG. New to Ultra RPG? Come in and see what's it all about.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 07:02 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84
Default Re: The URPG National Park is opening it's doors!

O.o you should get a ball cause you helped with deciding the balls? If this is an attempt at a joke, its hard to pick up on. Maybe you want the member instead? I can be funny too. But seriously, I'm not sure that counts as having helped.

By the way, the sale has started! Two hours into Eastern time already. Everybody go stock up on essentials. Buy buy! ^_^

Those who are Pokemart cashiers are allowed to do Park Mart purchases, too, and according to Harry I'm allowed to do Pokemart stuff too. Only thing I ask is please keep a running tally of the Park Mart's intake, for record keeping purposes.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 09-01-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

Wow, Bron, this looks really fun. ^_^ You can bet I'll be using this. ;D
Old 09-01-2008, 03:57 PM
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceBoy10 View Post
Meh. I'm not too thrilled about it. -Is curbstomped by dozens of URPG-ers-

It just seems really un-URPG-ish to me. And yes, I realize that "Role-Playing Game" is in its title, but that's just my opinion.

Nice work setting it up; I just dislike the entire concept.
I agree with this, honestly. It just seems like more work to do than a story, imo.

It does look fun though. D:
Old 09-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Dark Lightning Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceBoy10 View Post
Meh. I'm not too thrilled about it. -Is curbstomped by dozens of URPG-ers-

It just seems really un-URPG-ish to me. And yes, I realize that "Role-Playing Game" is in its title, but that's just my opinion.

Nice work setting it up; I just dislike the entire concept.
I agree with sexy Psyduck.
I'm not too excited about this...I think the URPG is as good as it is. I think this will be more confusing...
EDIT: The rules are really confusing.

Last edited by Dark Lightning; 09-01-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Caecity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Caecity

Something to keep me in ontheinternetlongersoIcanwastemorebraincells URPG. :3

Thanks all that helped with this.

BTW, just don't do it, if it may be confusing, or ask for, erm, an easy explanation.

C a e c i t y -- The blindness {{of love.}}

JentleViolence, my p a i r.
Empoleonx2, my former s o u l.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:44 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeking1 View Post
I agree with this, honestly. It just seems like more work to do than a story, imo.

It does look fun though. D:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Thunder View Post
I agree with sexy Psyduck.
I'm not too excited about this...I think the URPG is as good as it is. I think this will be more confusing...
EDIT: The rules are really confusing.
You two and Bryce need to just try it once. If you're a story/fanfic writer, this should be cake for you, seriously. Of course, if you don't frequent the RP board, then it might be a little hard to get into. Like I said, if you're not a writer, this will not affect you and you can go on with your URPG lives like there's nothing new. >.<

I think the URPG seriously needed this. It's not a Roleplaying Game if there's no actual Roleplaying involved, amirite?

Emp the easiest way to learn is to try it once. There is no easy explanation. If there was, then there wouldn't be eight threads.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 09-01-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Magare Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Magare

*gasp*

Park finished?

*looks left*

*looks right*

*takes his ball and runs away laughing hysterically*
Old 09-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Dark Lightning Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lightning

Yeah, I have written for the URPG and I know Bryce has. I'll just attempt to read the rules again.
Perhaps you're right, maybe we did need this.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:48 AM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
It's not a Roleplaying Game if there's no actual Roleplaying involved, amirite?

The URPG is a role-play because it's not real life. You're using your imagination to create a world around you...

Ok, that was just the worst explanation ever, so I'm letting Wikipedia take over.

Quote:
In roleplaying, participants adopt and act out the role of characters, or parts, that may have personalities, motivations, and backgrounds different from their own. Roleplaying, also known as RP to some, is like being in an improvisational drama or free-form theater, in which the participants are the actors who are playing parts, and the audience.

People use the phrase "role-playing" in at least three distinct ways:

to refer to the playing of roles generally such as in a theater, or educational setting;
to refer to a wide range of games including computer role-playing games, play-by-mail games and more;
or to refer specifically to role-playing games.
So, just by applying for a starter, you're role-playing. You don't need to 'put the RP back in URPG', because it's already there.

Ok, now I've got that across, time to say my opionions on this.

I haven't read the stickies, partly because I don't have the attention span to. But from what I see, it's basically writing with two people... and each person has no idea what the other will put.

Interesting, but I think it's still too-alike stories. Maybe, yes, the stickies would explain how it's different, but I haven't read them yet, and intend to sometime, so I can get the jist of all this. :)

My two cents pennies.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:25 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Except it's not just two people. It's people in pairs, but all in the same thread. Don't worry it will all work out.

Last edited by bronislav84; 09-03-2008 at 04:03 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:26 AM
flareon008 Offline

Send a message via AIM to flareon008 Send a message via Yahoo to flareon008

I'm rather surprised to see this. You've tried for so long with me bronislav to get this up. I have to say, after reading the rules it sounds neat. Hope it works for the best.

Doing everything with a flare.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:55 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Wow flare ain't dead. Wewt.

And please, call me Bron. Everybody else does.

I don't remember how much I actually had converted and explainable when I actually brought up the idea to you, it was so long ago.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Awesome, Bron! You have no idea how happy I am that this is up. And how happy I am that I haven't spent all that money I got through grading yet. ;D

Woohoo, time to go read the rules and figure out exactly what I'm doing. ^^

Old 05-08-2011, 07:23 PM
most duded Offline

Question Re: The URPG National Park is opening it's doors!

wut exactly is this

Closed Thread