Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park

National Park Welcome to the URPG's National Park. This is the place to come if your a role-playing fanatic, because here at the Park, you RP your way towards catching more Pokemon!

Old 09-03-2008, 03:58 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84
Default Re: Park Discussion Lounge (URPG Related Questions, Park Style)

Well of course we're partners and not an entire Owner together. Co means together as in half, like Co-Captains on a team, like. Neither has more authority than the other. I just think more than two of these is a bit much. But enough about that, eh?

Not bad. More names please? *goes back to neglected HW*

EDIT: Erraiza explain the ability please, not the item, the ability lol.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 09-03-2008 at 04:01 AM.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:04 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

How about Power Ranger? XDXDXD

That WOULD be funny and make sense at the same time. XD

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 09-03-2008, 04:06 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
How about Power Ranger? XDXDXD

That WOULD be funny and make sense at the same time. XD
You can be Pink Ranger.
Please be a little bit serious on this Starki

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 09-03-2008, 04:11 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
You can be Pink Ranger.
Please be a little bit serious on this Starki
It could work. Meanie. v_v

It says POWER there. That is nothing short of 1337. Anyway, how would you NOT want to be a Power Ranger? You get more powers, ya know. So you're a more powerful ranger, thus Power Ranger.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 09-03-2008, 04:45 AM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eraizaa-kun

Honey Gather...well, after a battle, Combee has a chance of finding Honey. Like Pick Up, except you can only Pick Up Honey.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:00 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraizaa-kun View Post
Hey, I was thinking, how about making it so that Honey has some sort of effect on the Park RPs.

I mean, Combee's Honey Gather ability has never been used because Honey only has an effect on the fields, so, now we have fields. Let's give that ability some use. = )
Well, rather than using Combee's ability, We can try to use Honey as an item in the National Park, Whereby it can be used to increase a certain percentage of the actual percentage the Wild Pokemon Appears in the National Park.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:05 AM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eraizaa-kun

Yeah, that was the idea. It makes Honey Gather useful if Honey is useable. ^^
Old 09-03-2008, 06:31 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

Okay, a few suggestions, after discussing with Harry.

Perhaps we can actually make use of the whole Tournament board for the Park, since it's not really used often for Tourneys anyway. That way, each trainer will have a personal thread of his own, and that will be less messy than a whole load of RP in a single thread. That will be more organized as well, seeing that the ranger and the trainer will have to post alot during the RP, we can't possibly have all of them all posting in the same thread.

Additionally, we might need a stat thread to keep the trainer's items and stuff in view. So, we don't have a new board, but we can make it all in a single stickied thread instead, like the VPP. Hence, in order to search for your stats, you can either put it in your signature as a link or use the search function.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:52 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
Okay, a few suggestions, after discussing with Harry.

Perhaps we can actually make use of the whole Tournament board for the Park, since it's not really used often for Tourneys anyway. That way, each trainer will have a personal thread of his own, and that will be less messy than a whole load of RP in a single thread. That will be more organized as well, seeing that the ranger and the trainer will have to post alot during the RP, we can't possibly have all of them all posting in the same thread.

Additionally, we might need a stat thread to keep the trainer's items and stuff in view. So, we don't have a new board, but we can make it all in a single stickied thread instead, like the VPP. Hence, in order to search for your stats, you can either put it in your signature as a link or use the search function.

Another suggestion was to have one thread per a park location. So the Woods would be one thread and the Botanical Gardens would be another thread. Of course, like Ataro mentioned, it could become crowded if a lot of people are there.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:05 AM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger

Can anyone tell me why it seems that catching a single Sceptile here would be more difficult than catching Lucario, Aerodactyl and a pair of Riolu in a single URPG story?

Edit: @ Ataro: Tourney board is fine as is >_>

~Isaiah

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref
Old 09-03-2008, 07:05 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

As Ataro mentioned, Trainer + Ranger can create a new thread for every National Park visit the Trainer does. Just that, the Ranger can make the first post, indicating all requirements, the location they are going and stuff. When the Trainer catches a Pokemon, close it.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:07 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianTiger View Post
Can anyone tell me why it seems that catching a single Sceptile here would be more difficult than catching Lucario, Aerodactyl and a pair of Riolu in a single URPG story?

~Isaiah

The rarity of the pokemon is currently being reworked so that it is very similar to that of the story section. The changes will be posted soon.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianTiger View Post

~Isaiah
I know. But unless there's a new board, we might just have to use it. Unless we're gonna have a messy Park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
As Ataro mentioned, Trainer + Ranger can create a new thread for every National Park visit the Trainer does. Just that, the Ranger can make the first post, indicating all requirements, the location they are going and stuff. When the Trainer catches a Pokemon, close it.
There might be an overload of threads though. I think Harry's idea would work out more than mine.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Splishee

Quote:
Another suggestion was to have one thread per a park location. So the Woods would be one thread and the Botanical Gardens would be another thread. Of course, like Ataro mentioned, it could become crowded if a lot of people are there.
Coincedentally, I was just thinking and discussing that with Fire Away yesterday. Here's my support of this suggestion. ^^

About the whole Sceptile business: people are under the impression it will be easier to catch Pokemon in the Park. Since role play comes more naturally to most, and is somewhat easier to work off a set storyline rather than think up a creative story. Because, for most (not all), it is. It is still the same amount of effort put into it (though with longer lengths), but with a simpler structure for unsure writers, as they are helped along by the ranger most of the time.

At least, that's what I've figured. :/
Old 09-03-2008, 09:45 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

On Combee, I don't see why that wouldn't work. Using Honey in the field (Not on a tree) while standing in Tall Grass as the same effect as Sweet Scent. It's just a matter of making it work here properly, and adding a way to get Honey without having a Combee.

Splish has the right idea on the hardness of stuff caught. It's not any easier. Harry I'd like to see what you're working on, because I admit there's not enough randomness with encounters. Please don't go behind my back. That's majorly unfair. (More on that in your PM box, in reply to what you sent me)

Ok now about the multiple threads.

Having individual threads for each pair of people makes it crowded as somebody said. Also makes events impossible.

Having individual threads for each location still makes events impossible. What is an event exatly, you ask? An Event is as it sounds. Some occurence that affects the whole Park. I can't give specifics because that would be spoilers of things to come, but I will give other examples.

An MMORPG often has stuff happen in the game that players can participate in, and affects the whole world, like monster invasions near towns, or even armies of monsters attacking multiple towns in large swarms.

It would be impossible to coordinate an event if multiple threads were in place, since different players in different zones may choose to react differently. A unified RP thread means Park Events that affect the whole thing are actually possible. It's no fun if the same stuff happens for eternity, so I've had the idea to bust out Events to have stuff happen that's out of the ordinary. Why should the RP thread here be any different than say, RPs in the Pokemon and Other Roleplay sections?

Stuff to think about.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 09-03-2008 at 11:20 AM.