Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park

National Park Welcome to the URPG's National Park. This is the place to come if your a role-playing fanatic, because here at the Park, you RP your way towards catching more Pokemon!

Old 09-13-2008, 07:58 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84
Default Re: National Park Rules, Locations Info, and Rangers Discussion

For that terrible attempt at a joke, and not providing any samples as one of the requirements to be considered, denied
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 09-13-2008, 08:14 AM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
For that terrible attempt at a joke, and not providing any samples as one of the requirements to be considered, denied
Obviously you haven't been hanging around me. That wasn't a joke.

~Isaiah

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref
Old 09-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

Come on, ST, you can't expect to just be accepted as a Ranger just cause you apply. You have to follow the form like everyone else. Seriously. It's to make sure you know what you're doing, and to provide order in the application process.

You need to provide an example for your writing ability, to show you deserve to be a Ranger. Writing RP posts is the whole damn process, and you need to know how to judge one of the players' RP posts to determine if they caught the mon.

If you really want to be a Ranger, then by all means, apply, but do it right, and provide all the info needed. If you don't do this, then you don't really want to be a Ranger for real, y'know? Seriously, either provide what is needed or don't apply, simple as that.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:01 PM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

Woo, stickied thread revive.

Haven't been on here in freaking ages, but I wanted to see if I could become a Ranger. Admittedly, I'm not a ref, but seeing as this is RP and not cold, hard statistics, I think I can look up the moves and 'mon on Veekun and act reasonably realistic about the damage and stuff. Once you get into anime-style battles, using only numbers actually hurts the realism, IMHO.

But I had one question before I throw you an example of my writing. You see, I looked at the RP example in the Role Playing Guide and I got a little...taken aback. Just by the style. My style of RPing would be something more like:

"Ranger Brianna stopped suddenly and motioned for the trainer to do the same. She remained totally silent, except for the occasional cracking of her bubble gum. In a few minutes, a lone Caterpie had wormed its way through the foliage and then sat perfectly still, staring at the two humans with its huge, black eyes.

'Huh, a Caterpie. Figured as much. The little guys are pretty much everywhere,' Brianna said in a lazy voice. Then she looked over at the trainer. 'Y'know, if you wanna catch it, you might wanna do it soon. They're shy little Pokemon. They prefer to run. Probably stems from being prey...'"

Kind of a crappy post, but I think you get what I mean. In the example RP, the Ranger almost sounded...omnipresent. o.o Would this be okay or do I have to adhere by exactly the style in the example? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oh, any another small point I wanted to bring up. Are the different ranks negotiable? For example, I have Trainer Bob, who's a stunning RPer and posts long, detailed, realistic, and creative posts. However, Trainer Bob also makes about four typos in his RP posts that are minor and not due to a lack of grammar knowledge...just a slip of the finger. Am I still allowed to give him an S-rank despite his typos?

Same goes in other circumstances, like Trainer Fred posting long posts that have no typos, but his actions are unrealistic and godmode-y...

Last edited by Larvinator; 10-25-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

Larvi! Glad to see you have interest in becoming a Ranger ^^.

And honestly, that seems much better to me. That's the kind of way I'd RP if/when I become a Ranger, honestly. I think you'd be awesome, Larvi, go for it! 8D
Old 10-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shen View Post
Larvi! Glad to see you have interest in becoming a Ranger ^^.

And honestly, that seems much better to me. That's the kind of way I'd RP if/when I become a Ranger, honestly. I think you'd be awesome, Larvi, go for it! 8D
I'm gla I'm being a Ranger, too. =D *shot*

Yeah, I kinda wanna have a ditzy, absentminded, lazy Ranger. XP Just wanted to make sure our Rangers weren't supposed to be God or anything.

Guess I'll dig up a quick writing sample from the ToJ RP. Gawd, that was forever ago...

"“Help ya?” He asked me. “Truthfully, I don’t know who ya are… or what this war ya’ll is talkin’ about is… but I ain’t a murderer. I was sent ‘ere because… of greed. Selfishness, lavish desires… an’ jus' plain wantin' everythin' I could get. And now, I ain’t got anythin’. Nuthin’ but this… bloated, disgustin’ body. But I can tell… no one eva stops to think how wrong they are… until they end up ‘ere. Honey, it’s too late fer the both of us. Ya’ll should ‘ave realized that as soon as ya stepped in this ‘ere dump.”

I tried my hardest to ignore him, but I felt like I was starting to give in to rationality...

He then responded to Skyscreecher's rather spur-of-the-moment question. “Don’t see why ya’ll really care… but if ya really dyin’ to know.. its Kran. An’ I have no clue about anythin’ ya’ll is talkin’ about. I was livin' life in the water before all this mess, meanin' I neva was a part of this crazy war ya'll is talkin' about. An’ if my gut really bothers ya… I dare say it, ya’ll ain’t seen nuthin’ yet, an’ I can tell the both of ya only jus’ got ‘ere. All I’ll say is… get used to it. Jus’ hope the worst of the worst don’t happen to ya, that’s all I’ll say…”

He then looked away, looking a bit offended.

I scoured him carefully, looking for anything that might betray inner emotions. He gave away nothing this time except exactly what was to be expected. I felt pity for him, being turned into such an awful thing. Just moving around must be an adventure and a half for him now. In fact, he was still looking like he had done something fairly strenuous, as he was still breathing a bit harder than was normal, though it was still vague under his layers of fat...

...Wait a minute.

He was breathing?

Yes, he was. His chest was steadily going up and down, though it took a trained eye to see it. In that instant, I knew he was lying about everything. You don't breathe if you're dead, meaning he certainly wasn't dead. So the story he cooked up was complete rubbish.

Why would he lie? Then the obvious answer popped into my head. There was a group that would have to lie to a Black Onyx soldier, no matter what the costs.

I suddenly lunged forward and pressed the Blade of Prediction's handle onto his stomach, then lunged back again with amazing quickness. I saw exactly what I had hoped to see. The blade, previously a bit more black than white since it was in my hand a second ago, suddenly emitted a brilliant flash of light and turned white, a dazzling, beautiful white. Then it bounced off, landing a few feet from me.

I looked at him, smiling. "You aren't Kron. You're a liar."

So as to make myself less threatening, I kicked the blade away. It went about ten feet off the ground before bouncing a few times and stopping a dozen feet away. By the time I would get to the blade, he would have already blasted me into oblivion. I couldn't die, yes, but he could make it a whole lot more miserable for me and put me into a lot of pain.

"Disarmed!" I snapped. "I am no threat to you now. Any of my ground attacks will do almost nothing, and your water attacks which I believe a Lugia can learn will most likely maim us and render us in extreme pain and in no position to attack."

I smiled. "Your mistake was your breathing. That's how I identified you as someone living. Now, I believe, due to the extremely brilliant reaction by the Blade of Prediction and the fact you lied to me, that you are one of the Silver Apex or the Southern Tempest." I took a deep breath. "Hear me out. I mean no harm. What I said before was the truth. I have no more loyalty for the Black Onyx now that I know the truth about their sinister ways. Want proof? The Blade of Prediction can cut through nearly any substance. One lunge with that blade an your heart would have been split in half."

I was still tensed, though, knowing that he might attack anyway..."

If you need more, the ToJ RP probably has the best examples. Just hunt through page 17 and onward; that's where my posts start coming up.