Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 03-26-2004, 05:41 AM
gamevoid Offline
Experienced Trainer

Talking Pokemon Of The Day!

Ok First things first I will be selecting a pokemon(random of corse) every day to review. I will be listing Its weaknesses, it stats(max and base), area, TM and HMs, and Move sets(just one that I personaly think would work not out of the standard thread). I will then Reveiw it and tell you what each and every move is used for and why. Please dont post any movesets here or POTD I will do the reveiw you can post what you think about it but no bashing if you dont like cause these are not here to please you just to inform you. If you would like to suggest a pokemon then please do so by IMing me. For the mods I may do some DPing but thats only if people dont post between the POTD. Also note the PE2K said that I could do this.

Ok for my first POTD I will do one of my personal favs.

================================================== ========

Ok everyone the reason I like Medicham so much is because of his VERY wierd type combo . Another reason is he is the perfect attacker, one because of its characteristic, and two the abbility to learn Bulk Up. Think about it, his max stat attack is 219 at Level 100 ok, now double that to a Whoping 438 becuase of his characteristic, then you use bulk up to raise it even more(plus you get the bonus defense too)! Dont let his mediocer stats fool you, this poke can kick some but!

NAME: Medicham
TYPE: Meditate (Fighting/Psychic)
HEIGHT: 4' 3"
WEIGHT: 69.4 lbs.

Evolution=Evolves from Meditie at level 37

Characteristic=Pure Power- Double His/Her's attack during battle. This returns to normal if skill swap is used.

Game=Ruby/Sapphire

Location=You can get a meditite at Mt.Pyre and evolve it at level 37 or you get one in Victory RD. the first one is the better chocie thogh.

Moves============================================= ========

Learned Moves:
Bide - Basic
Fire Punch - Basic, evolve
Thunderpunch - Basic, evolve
Ice Punch - Basic, evolve
Meditate - lvl 4
Confusion - lvl 9
Detect - lvl 12
Hidden Power - lvl 18
Mind Reader - lvl 22
Calm Mind - lvl 28
Hi Jump Kick - lvl 32
Psych Up - lvl 40
Reversal - lvl 46
Recover - lvl 54

TM and HMs:
TM01 - Focus Punch
TM04 - Calm Mind
TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM27 - Return
TM29 - Psychic
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
HM04 - Strength
HM05 - Flash
HM06 - Rock Smash

Egg moves:
Baton Pass: Breed a female Spinda with a male Mawile or Girafarig, then breed the resulting male Spinda with Baton Pass to female Meditite/Medicham.
Dynamicpunch: Breed with a male Machop/Machoke/Machamp.

Fake Out: Breed with a male Sableye or Makuhita/Hariyama.

Fire Punch: Breed with a male Medicham.

Foresight: Breed with a male Machop/Machoke/Machamp or Sableye.

Ice Punch: Breed with a male Medicham.

Thunderpunch: Breed with a male Medicham.

Base Stats============================================= =====
HP=60
Attack=60
SP. Attack=60
Defense=75
SP. Defense=75
Speed=80

Max Stats============================================= =====
HP=324
Attack=219
S.Attack=219
Defense=249
S.Defense=249
Speed=259

Weaknesses======================================== =========

Super effective:
Dark
Fighting
Ice
Normal
Poison
Rock
Steel

Less Effective:
Bug
Flying
Ghost, can't hit
Psychic

Resistance to:
Fighting
Rock

Weak Against:
Flying
Ghost

My Moveset=========================================== ======

Item=Lum Berry, Mabey a Scope lens you pick.
Characteristic=Pure Power

MS:
Bulk Up
Hi Jump Kick/Brick Break
Shadow Ball/HP~Electric~/Thunder Punch/Ice Punch/HP~ice~
Recover

This Set is if you want an Attacker not a SP. Attacker I pick this one manly because of his characteristic. Now, you could mix the two stats up(Sp. Attack and Attack) but then your prety much going to have a CM, BU, Psychic, HJK/BBing Medicham with no way to recover .

Ok The reason I put bulk up on him/her is because by the time your done setting up then when you attack its going to be like a sword danced Zangoose's Cruch Claw, you will make your foe run and hide! Plus you get the added effect of rasing your defense too.

I like HJK becuase of it power. 90% accuray isint that bad so you really dont have that much of a chance to hurt your self. You could use brick Break but its power isnt as good just for the extra 10% accuracy.
EDIT=Brick Break is acctualy much better here, Im sorry bout the little mistake, but im only human.

I like to put shadow ball because it looks cool and it runs off of his amazing attack! Plus you can hurt anything with it. If they have a Steel or a normal you can use HJK, if they have a ghost you use Shadow Ball. You can also use Thunder Punch or HP~Electric~ here for the flying types if you want, or you could use Ice punch/HP~ice~ for any flying type cause TP wont work well aganst a Flying/Dragon.

If I need to explane this then we need to talk lol. If a pokemon can learn this USE IT! Plus you might need to heal after you set up with the Bulk up. Plus you can drive your foe crazy just when they think you dead you heal and take out more of there pokemon!

I say put Lum berrie because if the try to mess with your status then it give you at least one extra turn to hit them befor they can afflict you again. You could also use Scope lens for more attack power, or you could use the ever popular lefties.

For the serius trainers you should have you EVs in Sp. Attack and Special Defense with this move set you dont need to worry about the phsical things you may aslo want to do some in speed too. As for the nature calm is your best, because you really dont have to worry about the attack lowering because you will be raising it so much.

Well Im done for today Ill have another one tomarrow so besure to come check this out!

P.S. Can a mod please sticky this? And Please Remember To leave the reviewing to me.
EDIT=Hows that Boltage?

Last edited by gamevoid; 03-26-2004 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-26-2004, 05:50 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge
Default Re: Pokemon Of The Day!

I'm just commenting on this, not bashing.

Quote:
Base Stats============================================= =====
HP=239
Attack=188
SP. Attack=188
Defense=218
SP. Defense=218
Speed=228
How nice, 200+ Base Stats.

Also, Medicham has too low Special Defense/Special Attack to utilize his suggested set, and he's better off being a Physical Sweeper than a mixed one. One missed Hi Jump Kick and you drop to your death. You left out EVs and Natures as well. I'd love to suggest a moveset, but you disallowed that. I think somebody with better Pokemon knowledge would do this a lot better, because I don't think this will help a lot of people.

Just my two cents, don't bite me for this post.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:47 AM
gamevoid Offline
Experienced Trainer

Thumbs up Re: Pokemon Of The Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
I'm just commenting on this, not bashing.

How nice, 200+ Base Stats.

Also, Medicham has too low Special Defense/Special Attack to utilize his suggested set, and he's better off being a Physical Sweeper than a mixed one. One missed Hi Jump Kick and you drop to your death. You left out EVs and Natures as well. I'd love to suggest a moveset, but you disallowed that. I think somebody with better Pokemon knowledge would do this a lot better, because I don't think this will help a lot of people.

Just my two cents, don't bite me for this post.
Im not going to bite you for that I find it nice cause if someone is doing something bad then they need to know so they can do better so thanx I will be reapetting after a while to get better MS.
Well For the Base stats there at level 100 I see no ned to put any others. Now why are his SP. Attack and SS. Defenses to low? I see the Denfese part but not the attack the only time thats to low is if you go with a punch or a HP. And For the one miss thing He really never misses but yes that can happen thats why I said you can do other moves, and listed just a few, its too bad that he cant learn EQ he would OWN. So thanx for that I will try and Do better tom...Well now its Today. As for the EVs and Natures. I forgot about those I will edit my post to fix that, Thank you again. Do you have a pokemon youd like done BTW?

Last edited by gamevoid; 03-26-2004 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:04 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamevoid
Im not going to bite you for that I find it nice cause if someone is doing something bad then they need to know so they can do better so thanx I will be reapetting after a while to get better MS.
Well For the Base stats there at level 100 I see no ned to put any others. Now why are his SP. Attack and SS. Defenses to low? I see the Denfese part but not the attack the only time thats to low is if you go with a punch or a HP. And For the one miss thing He really never misses but yes that can happen thats why I said you can do other moves, and listed just a few, its too bad that he cant learn EQ he would OWN. So thanx for that I will try and Do better tom...Well now its Today. As for the EVs and Natures. I forgot about those I will edit my post to fix that, Thank you again. Do you have a pokemon youd like done BTW?
Medicham's Pokemon power is Pure Power, which multiplies its attack stat by two, thus, making it a better Physical sweeper than a Special one. He doesn't really need Earthquake anyway, the other moves he learn covers it.

Base Stats = Not the stats of Pokemon at lvl 100.

Anywya, I don't have a Pokemon that I'd like done, because I like to experiment with Pokemon myself online.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:24 PM
gamevoid Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
Medicham's Pokemon power is Pure Power, which multiplies its attack stat by two, thus, making it a better Physical sweeper than a Special one.
I know thats what I said.

Quote:
He doesn't really need Earthquake anyway, the other moves he learn covers it.
If he could though he could really hurt alot pokes bad!

Quote:
Base Stats = Not the stats of Pokemon at lvl 100.
O they should be but I gusse Ill put the base stats one tne next pokemon insted of L.100 bse stats.

Quote:
Anywya, I don't have a Pokemon that I'd like done, because I like to experiment with Pokemon myself online.
Ok K
Old 03-26-2004, 03:16 PM
Kan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Kan

This seemed more general R/S, so...

*MOVED.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:45 AM
gamevoid Offline
Experienced Trainer

Hello everyone its time for another POTD! Todays poke will be one that is a rare(like a surskit) its Relicanth! Ive loved this pokemon from the day I laid eyes on it! Its name is so cool and it looks so cool to, especaily when its rare colored! So let me quit rambling and get down to the facts.

NAME: Relicanth
TYPE: Longevity (Water/Rock)
HEIGHT: 3' 3"
WEIGHT: 51.6 lbs.

Evolution: Relicanth does not evolve

Characteristic(s): Swift Swim (this Pokemon's Speed is doubled in rainy weather, due to either environment or use of Rain Dance), Rock Head (this Pokemon receives no recoil damage from moves like Double-Edge and Take Down)

Games: Ruby, Sapphire

Area: Relicanth can befound by diving in the seeweed patches infront and around sotopilius(sp?) city.

Moves============================================= ========

Learned Moves============================================= =
Tackle - Basic
Harden - Basic
Water Gun - lvl 8
Rock Tomb - lvl 15
Yawn - lvl 22
Take Down - lvl 29
Mud Sport - lvl 36
AncientPower - lvl 43
Rest - lvl 50
Double-Edge - lvl 57
Hydro Pump - lvl 64

TMs/HMs=============================================== ====
TM03 - Water Pulse
TM04 - Calm Mind
TM06 - Toxic
TM07 - Hail
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM14 - Blizzard
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM32 - Double Team
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
HM03 - Surf
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM07 - Waterfall
HM08 - Dive

Egg Moves============================================= =====
Amnesia: Breed a female Relicanth with a male Wailmer/Wailord, Barboach/Whiscash or Gorebyss.
Magnitude: Breed with a male Barboach/Whiscash.

Rock Slide: Breed a female Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein with a male Camerupt, then breed the resulting male Spheal with Rock Slide to a female Relicanth.

Skull Bash: Breed with a male Sharpedo.

Sleep Talk: Breed a female Wailmer/Wailord with a male Whismur/Loudred/Exploud, then breed the resulting male Wailmer with Sleep Talk to a female Relicanth.

Water Sport: Breed with a male Psyduck/Golduck, Goldeen/Seaking, Lombre. Pelipper, Surskit/Masquerain, Barboach/Whiscash or Milotic.

Base Stasts============================================ =====
HP=100
Attack=90
Defense=130
Speed=55
SP. Attack=45
SP. Defense=65

Max Stats============================================= =====
HP: 404
Attack: 279
Defense: 359
Speed: 209
S.Attack: 189
S.Defense: 229

Weaknesses======================================== =========

Very effective:
Bug
Fire
Flying
Ground
Ice
Rock

Less effective:
Dragon
Fighting
Grass
Steel
Water

Resistance to:
Fire, 4x
Flying
Ice
Normal
Poison

Weak Against:
Electric
Fighting
Grass, 4x
Ground

My moveset=========================================== ======

Item=Chesto Berry
Characteristic=Rock Head(no recoil damage)/SwiftSwim(Rasis Speed in Rain)

MS:
Calm Mind
Rest
Surf
Double Edge/Ice beam

I like calm mind on him(or her I just say him cause im a boy) because to only type you really need to worry about is grass and your not really going to send him out agains a grass now are you. I also like it better than amnesia because granted it may take two turns to make it just as good as amnesia in the defense department but you get the SP. defense done to.

Your going to need rest after your done rasing his stats to your ideal. And with chesto berry berry youll be ready to attack after you healed. Plus if you want to raise your stats more you will beable to.

Surf on a water pokemon dose not need to be explaned. But for you newbies (no ofense anyone just cause there are some and we all were one at one point so dont be ashamed). But with a 95 base power and stab, your foes going to cry even if there not weak against water types! Also with the Calm minds in store itll be even stronger.

I love this move on him! And with his characteristic he has no recoil damage! With his attack being almost 300 it'll really blow the foe out of the water!
Now if you dont really like DE for some reason then you can use Ice beam and with the CMs itll be really strong too. But if you go with IB I'd have the characteristic be swift swim and mabey you can pass a Rain dance to him.

I put chesto berry because of the move rest. But you can alway have Quick Claw on him if you want him to have a little more umph to his speed. And as always you can have lefties cause that can go one any poke.

For the Evs have 252 in Speed and SP. Attack and 6 in Attack. For the natures have it be Mild or a nutral personality.

Thats it for today come back tomarrow for a swift swimer!
Old 03-27-2004, 03:19 AM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

BTW, puting Quake on a monster that doesn't help it cover a weakness is bad, because, lets see, there are lots of Flying types and munsters with levitate.

(386 Set)
Medicham@Salac Berry
Pure Power
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Jolly
-Endure
-Reversal
-Rock Slide
-Bulk Up/Shadow Ball

Bulk Up, Endure, sweep. kthnx
Old 03-27-2004, 07:44 PM
gamevoid Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kholdstaire
BTW, puting Quake on a monster that doesn't help it cover a weakness is bad, because, lets see, there are lots of Flying types and munsters with levitate.
Can you tell me where I said that I said that the power of that would be amazing!

Quote:
(386 Set)
Medicham@Salac Berry
Pure Power
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Jolly
-Endure
-Reversal
-Rock Slide
-Bulk Up/Shadow Ball

Bulk Up, Endure, sweep. kthnx
Theres a major problem there, his speed is not that great,even at max plus most flying pokes speed is the main factor, so if you do try and do the endure Reversle combo you have to have tons of luck in hoping tht he donts get KOed before Reverle hits. And I wanst asking for a moveset im giving them and I gusse you skiped down to reveiw so Ill tell you this LEAVE THE MOVE SETS AND THE REVEIW TO ME. thanx.

Last edited by gamevoid; 03-27-2004 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-28-2004, 03:24 AM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

[edit]

Nevermind
Old 03-29-2004, 01:46 AM
gamevoid Offline
Experienced Trainer

Angry Re: Pokemon Of The Day!

Sorry Im not going to beable to doone tonite im having some really bad problems so ah just so you know but tomarrow Ill do 2 and todays poke is golden just so you know.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:47 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Trust me GV Relicanth takes a Looonngg time to get strong.