Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Gravity Offline
Elite Trainer

Default A Gem Worth Fighting For

Chapter One: Here we go!

The legend of a Pokemon with shining gems for eyes always resonating within my mind, and always intrigued me. Everybody at school made fun of me, told me I was wrong; but I knew the Pokemon existed. My grandfather used to tell me tales of the Pokemon, calling it “Sableye.” Ever since the kids from school, I made it my dream to find and capture just one Sableye in my life. This is my story.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

BRIIIIIIIING! The school bell was massively irritating, but it didn’t matter; I had skipped school today, and I was outside, leaning on the side of the brick wall on the building. I had to pack and prepare, after all, to go on my journey to find my dream Pokemon. My Mudkip - named Sebastian - shifted on my head, where he lay on my dirty blonde hair. “Mud… ?” he questioned, turning his head to the side.

“Sssh!” I replied. I closed my eyes, and imagined my grandfather telling me about Sableye. He said… something about them living in… caves, I think he said. I stood up and stretched, being careful not to let my Mudkip fall to the ground. Taking off my backpack, I unzipped it, and when no one was looking, I took out a small device.

Sebastian, being easily amused, was intrigued by what I just pulled out. “Kiiiiip…” He said absentmindedly. Although he probably could not tell, I rolled my eyes at his low attention span. Tapping the device, a Poketch, the small screen on it changed, displaying a small map. Stuffing it back in my pack, I hopped on my bike, which was next to me on the wall.

Zipping forward, I yelled to Sebastian, “Hang on!” He hugged my head tightly, trying desperately not to go flying off. As I peddled through the crowd of kids, I got many strange looks, probably because Pokemon and anything related to them are not allowed on school grounds. Bummer, I know. My few friends were scattered about, and I did not bother to go looking for them; I had to go, and soon.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Overlooking a cliff and gazing upon a beautiful land made me forget where I was going. I sped off once again, though I still tried to catch glimpses of below. Even though it was nearly sundown, I had just officially left on my adventure. A black sweater wrapped around my upper body, keeping me away from the cold breeze that hits Dewford at night. After fourteen years of living here, this is the furthest I have ever gone north.

Trees lined the path everywhere. A multitude of leaves fluttered around each time I reached and went past a red tree. Inside my backpack, something moved and squirmed. Suddenly, a blue head popped out with a piece of chocolate. I sighed, thinking He REALLY doesn’t need that…

A small rock lay in my immediate path, creating a natural bump. Before I knew it, the jolt caught my attention and made me swerve, nearly losing control. Shifting the handles a bit to steer back onto the path, a breath escaped my lips, signifying my stress was over.

I stopped, and took my backpack off. “Sorry Sebastian” I said, taking him out. He whimpered a bit, but I ignored it, giving him a quick pat on the head. Shifting through my bag, I thought I had lost it, my hand wrapped around a watch like item. Taking it out, I read the time on the small Poketch screen. “6:27.”

“Kip?” Sebastian looked at me with a confused looked. I gave him a smile and another pat on the head. Returning to my bike, I put my Pokemon and Poketch back in my bag, making sure I left a small hole open so my little Mudkip could breath.

I sighed at the thought of Sebastian. That little blue ball of energy has always been around for as long as I can imagine, even when I was a little boy. Sebastian is just… so jolly, so naive, not a care in the world. Though, the only thing that really makes me worry is his fighting… Sebastian was never big on battling other Pokemon, and I am just nervous he will not be able to handle the rigors we might face…

Another small rock I ran over shocked me out of my day dream, though I did not almost lose control this time, which made me sigh a breath of relief. I took a quick look out at the horizon in front of me, my eyes patrolling everything possible. Beside the large bend that curved the path, the scene was normal, though I could not help but feel a sort of mystical feeling…

I took a sharp turn going right, and I instantly slammed on my brakes, for two reasons; the path ended, and the sight stunned me with it’s beauty. In front of me was an incredibly large grass field, with wavering hills seen as far as possible. In numerous spots throughout the meadow, clumps of mystifying huge gems - up to six feet tall! - sprouted forth from the ground.

I got off my bike and absentmindedly dropped it, still amazed by the giant crystals. Sebastian, who must have fallen asleep, poked his head out of the bag. “Kiiiiiiip…” he yawned. When he saw me just staring, he looked at me with a confused look. Sebastian cocked his head to the side, and mumbled, “Mud… ?”. I slowly pointed to a giant blue crystal that was barely twenty feet away.

With a yelp, the Mudkip jumped out of my bag, scuttled down my dark tan shorts, and ran towards the gem. Shaking my head to chase away the addictive beauty of the all of the gems, I ran after my little Pokemon. As I neared the crystal, I could hear it hum gently, and when I was right next to it, my head just several inches from the top of the spire, the hum was loud enough that it vibrated throughout my body, creating a quiet, soothing sensation.

Sebastian waddled up to the large mineral, examining it like he was some kind of prospector. “What are you…” I began, but was cut off by a glare from my very own Pokemon. “Did he just… ?” I said to no one in particular. Moving even closer to the gem, the humming got even louder, like it was some kind of huge energy source.

“Sable…” This magical yet faint sound resonated throughout my ears, as my head perked up, looking in the direction the sound came from. What I saw would be the exact reason for traveling miles away from my little house in my little town.

Last edited by Gravity; 08-27-2008 at 02:15 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:58 PM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Default Re: A Gem Worth Fighting For

Did you set the size on this? Cause it's kinda hard to read that small. ^^'
I like the story. You could put in a little more detail, but overall it's pretty good.
I saw a couple minor typos, otherwise grammar is okay.
Keep working on it, good luck. ^^

Sorry if I got a little carried away in that pm I sent you.

Last edited by k_pop; 08-27-2008 at 01:35 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:20 AM
ElectrikeLover1996 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to ElectrikeLover1996
Default Re: A Gem Worth Fighting For

good story! last bit confused me.

Quote:
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
~Buddha~