Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 08-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Reccomendations for GOOD new manga to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
WHAT ARE MAGICAL BAKING HANDS
His hands are warmer than other people's hands, which apparently makes better bread than those that don't. Just remember, Kenny recommend Yakitate Japan first. x3

I also liked Claymore, though it's also quite mainstream.

Bokurano is good. it's about these kids that have to enter this "game" (in some form of mecha) in order to keep their own lives. Plot twists, etc. abound. It's one of the few that's really good, but much unknown.

If you don't mind psychological type manga, Monster is a good one. It's about a doctor who saved a kid's life at the expense of his entire career, and then realizing that this kid is a psychopath. He goes around hunting for this guy, but then begin to understand the truth behind this kid. i watched all 77 episodes of the anime in a week, because it was that damn good.

City Hunter, while not a fantasy type thing, is a classic from the 80's era.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Hm. Well, I may have a few...

I thought Dragon Drive was fairly good, or at least, what I've read of it (which is about three volumes xP). Anyway, there's this virtual reality game that's getting really popular, and the whole point of it basically is that you control a dragon and fight the dragons of others. It turns out to be a plot by the game's creators, Ri-On, to find kids that are really good at the game and send them to another world that the game is linked to, in order to use them as soldiers to fight for them. I don't know a whole lot, but I know it's one that I'd like to read more of if I could. You might find it interesting. It seems kind of juvenile at first but it gets better as you read.

If you want something really different and don't mind a sports manga, Eyeshield 21 is good. It's about football, but it's actually a lot more interesting than it sounds. I was really apprehensive about reading it at first, but there's a lot of humor, and it portrays the games in a way that isn't nearly as boring as you'd think it would be. It also explains things so even people who know nothing about football, like I do, can figure out what's going on.

At the moment, I can't think of anything else that isn't mainstream. >> Er, Fullmetal Alchemist is mainstream but I'm saying it anyway. xP

Old 08-29-2008, 02:22 AM
Hoshika Offline

So I read .Hack//Legend of the Twilight. Scratch it off the list. It was good. There should be more stuff like that, but not exactly like it.

I tried reading more of Tsubasa in the bookstore, but the way it's drawn/shaded makes me feel frustrated.

Has anybody seen anything about the next Zelda manga? I read it out of obsession. o_o
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:22 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

I've been reading Fairy Tail for a while, and it's looking pretty good. It's done by the same person who did One Piece, with characters that look very similar to that certain anime (Lucy = Nami with long hair?, Natsu looks like Luffy?). Pretty creative in terms of magic as well. :3
Old 09-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

If you want something fantasical try picking up a manga called ' Pita-Ten ' [ TokyoPop ]

I found it very interesting.

I'm very picking about manga, too so maybe this one will work for you.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 09-06-2008, 04:51 PM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
I've been reading Fairy Tail for a while, and it's looking pretty good. It's done by the same person who did One Piece, with characters that look very similar to that certain anime (Lucy = Nami with long hair?, Natsu looks like Luffy?). Pretty creative in terms of magic as well. :3
Same guy who did Rave Master, not One Piece.