Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-17-2008, 05:21 AM
inyi's Avatar
inyi Offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 219
Default Shiny Rattata!!??

Hey guys while playing Pokemon Silver, at the start of my journey using chicorita as my starter pokemon, while searching for the 1st pokemon to catch, which in that place where pidgey's, santret were very many. surprisingly 1 rattata appeared and take note its a Shiny rattata, a colored gold/brown rattata. at first i did not noticed its a shiny pokemon i tried to capture it but it fled after 1 attact from chickorita. after it fled i seach again and all the pokemon that appear are rattata almost 20+ continously (the normal) colored blue/violet. so i save my game and restarted and the games back to normal with pidgey's and santret with rattata's..

Just want to know, if the pokemon game delever assign one pokemon as shiny pokemon...is there any story behind that shiny rattata in silver game? i start a new game in silver, but i never seen that shiny rattata again.
__________________
AM Born to be a Pokemon Master!
  #2  
Old 08-17-2008, 05:39 AM
Flammenwerfer's Avatar
Flammenwerfer Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,954
Send a message via AIM to Flammenwerfer Send a message via MSN to Flammenwerfer Send a message via Skype™ to Flammenwerfer
Default Re: Shiny Rattata!!??

LOL
I found (and caught ;) ) a shiny Rattata in Silver too.
However, there is a very low chance of finding a shiny Pokemon.
__________________
  #3  
Old 08-17-2008, 08:27 AM
pokefreak_51's Avatar
pokefreak_51 Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: In the dumpster behind...forget it.
Posts: 311
Default Re: Shiny Rattata!!??

Your spelling makes my brain hurt...what exactly are you asking?

Well, from what I've gathered, you encountered a shiny Rattata and it ran away and now you want to know how the shinies affect gameplay? Well, if that's what you're asking, then they don't affect gameplay or story or anything, they're just more rare and valuable.

If that's NOT what you're asking, can you maybe explain with at least an ATTEMPT at spelling and grammar? XP
__________________
Dragonair

Hatches: 227DONE!!!
Evolves: 302DONE!!!
Evolves: 377
Level 100: 512

I DON'T WANT TO SET THE WORLD ON FIRE, I JUST WANT TO START A FLAME IN YOUR HEART
  #4  
Old 08-18-2008, 05:46 PM
-Pichu Boy-'s Avatar
-Pichu Boy- Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The land of tea and fish 'n' chips
Posts: 3,959
Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-
Default Re: Shiny Rattata!!??

Yes, shiny Pokémon are nothing but a mere rarity to serch for. :)

They don't affect the game in any way whatsoever. They're purely for bragging rights :P

However, I find it quite weird that I was playing Silver once with a Chikorita as my starter and encountered a Shiny Rattata in the route just after Cherrygrove Town, or whatever it's called xD

Of course, the Poké Dude hadn't shown me how to catch Pokémon yet, so I could do nothing but defeat it :(

But I digress. There's no alternate storyline for Shiny Pokémon. They're purely to show off that you found one. ^^
__________________
URPG | ASB
MK + Trainer17 = Evil twins | MK + Leo = BFFs
  #5  
Old 08-19-2008, 02:36 AM
inyi's Avatar
inyi Offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 219
Default Re: Shiny Rattata!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokefreak_51 View Post
Your spelling makes my brain hurt...what exactly are you asking?

Well, from what I've gathered, you encountered a shiny Rattata and it ran away and now you want to know how the shinies affect gameplay? Well, if that's what you're asking, then they don't affect gameplay or story or anything, they're just more rare and valuable.

If that's NOT what you're asking, can you maybe explain with at least an ATTEMPT at spelling and grammar? XP

Yes thats whats what im asking for.. Thanks.. :)
__________________
AM Born to be a Pokemon Master!
  #6  
Old 08-19-2008, 02:41 AM
inyi's Avatar
inyi Offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 219
Unhappy Re: Shiny Rattata!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic kid930 View Post
Yes, shiny Pokémon are nothing but a mere rarity to serch for. :)

They don't affect the game in any way whatsoever. They're purely for bragging rights :P

However, I find it quite weird that I was playing Silver once with a Chikorita as my starter and encountered a Shiny Rattata in the route just after Cherrygrove Town, or whatever it's called xD

Of course, the Poké Dude hadn't shown me how to catch Pokémon yet, so I could do nothing but defeat it :(

But I digress. There's no alternate storyline for Shiny Pokémon. They're purely to show off that you found one. ^^
oh.... toobad you have no pokeball yet to capture it, in my i case that pokedude had already thought me to capture pokemon, my mistake is, i did not noticed that ratatta is a shiny one, i dont even know that there were so called Shiny Pokemon, LOL

Well, maybe shiny rattata will appear only when you choose chikorita as the starter pokemon. coz when i started the game and use either totodile and cydaquil.. i never encounter shiny ratatta again...
__________________
AM Born to be a Pokemon Master!
  #7  
Old 08-19-2008, 03:40 AM
celebihunter's Avatar
celebihunter Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wherever you're not :O
Posts: 1,479
Send a message via AIM to celebihunter Send a message via MSN to celebihunter
Arrow Re: Shiny Rattata!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyi View Post
oh.... toobad you have no pokeball yet to capture it, in my i case that pokedude had already thought me to capture pokemon, my mistake is, i did not noticed that ratatta is a shiny one, i dont even know that there were so called Shiny Pokemon, LOL

Well, maybe shiny rattata will appear only when you choose chikorita as the starter pokemon. coz when i started the game and use either totodile and cydaquil.. i never encounter shiny ratatta again...
Nah, it's completely random. You have a 1/8192 chance of finding a Shiny Pokemon.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Single smilely posts make Chuck Norris cry.
  #8  
Old 08-19-2008, 04:50 AM
pokefreak_51's Avatar
pokefreak_51 Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: In the dumpster behind...forget it.
Posts: 311
Default Re: Shiny Rattata!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyi View Post
Yes thats whats what im asking for.. Thanks.. :)
Ok cool, no problem...glad I could help =]
__________________
Dragonair

Hatches: 227DONE!!!
Evolves: 302DONE!!!
Evolves: 377
Level 100: 512

I DON'T WANT TO SET THE WORLD ON FIRE, I JUST WANT TO START A FLAME IN YOUR HEART
  #9  
Old 08-19-2008, 10:02 AM
-Pichu Boy-'s Avatar
-Pichu Boy- Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The land of tea and fish 'n' chips
Posts: 3,959
Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-
Default Re: Shiny Rattata!!??

Yes, it's compeltely random. Nothing to do with your starter :)

And don't double post. There's an edit button if you wish to add something to your posts. Also, if you want to put 2 quotes into one post, then use the Multi-Quote button (a button that turns orange when you click it. All of the ones that are Orange will be added when you click 'New Reply')

Anyway, glad I could help ^^
__________________
URPG | ASB
MK + Trainer17 = Evil twins | MK + Leo = BFFs
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com