Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:53 PM
Synester Offline

Send a message via AIM to Synester
Default Re: Don't miss Pokemon Ep 542, 2 weeks on CN

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
No I just feel it's time for a change. I just feel Ash sets a very bad example by not releasing Pikachu's true power, and as the Raichu, the power is amplified more. On Dungeon, I did good with Pikachu, but I also struggled because it wasn't powerful enough. I don't see how people can say evolving Pikachu would make it scary or intimidating, it's not like we're going to have an Undertaker type Raichu are we? Sheesh. And Raichu is not fat, just big boned. I just feel, 10 years, sheesh, Pokemon have to grow up too like us people.
And what is this bad example?
Old 08-20-2008, 01:14 AM
Moonlit Umbreon Offline
Master Trainer

The anime will never grow up. But I agree, Raichu is way better than Pika in my opinion. But pikachu is the super mascot and will never change. That's why the anime has sucked since like... ever.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:34 PM
Giratina Offline

Pikachu is *the* mascot.

If Pikachu evolved, people who missed the show would take one glance at Raichu and say 'WTF is that?' Nobody would recognize Raichu because it's so much less popular. It's also bigger than Pikachu, which will sort of throw a blanket over the adorable-little-mouse-plopped-on-Ash's-head thing Pikachu tends to do.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)