Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Surly Professor Offline
Monsterous
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Unhappy Re: Real Bigfoot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seercry View Post
If you mean like they dissect the body, no that wouldn't work. Someone could slip pig guts into the body, and if they didn't test the DNA, it woulkd be fairly easy to believe that it was the real entrails, when they were just pig cuts attactched to the inside of a gorilla costume. Some things would be hard to replicate, but I'm sure it could be done.
No. Not to a pathologist, or even anyone with a working knowledge of anatomy.

It's down-right ridiculous how much creedence people are giving these clowns.
As soon as this thing dies down I'm faking something too. It's obviously not hard.

The good can decay many ways.
The good candy came anyways.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Seercry Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Real Bigfoot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly Professor View Post
No. Not to a pathologist, or even anyone with a working knowledge of anatomy.

It's down-right ridiculous how much creedence people are giving these clowns.
As soon as this thing dies down I'm faking something too. It's obviously not hard.
I see where you get the "Surly" part of your username...

Cred for Avatar and Banner go to Anastasia-R

Old 08-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

I really am on the fence about this one. The body does'nt look too real, but I have seen countless big foot specials. I mean, when you think about the Gorilla's ancestors, Gigantopithugus (I have no idea how to spell that) Blacki, (or whatever way it is spelled, it is a scientific name. And I'm bad at spelling) was about 7 to 8 feet tall, weighed around 600 pounds, and was a lot like "big foot." And it originated in Asia. Some of them could have crossed the Bering Land bridge when it was still there, adapted to the climate, and spread around NW North America. I mean, they could hibernate during the winter, and go back to their secluded hibernation points to die. Me, I think that they are or at least were, out there. And there might still be some out there. Also, think of the Angler fish. That fish has'nt changed in MILLIONS of years, and there are very few of them left, but they are still out there. It's all what you are willing to believe.

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 08-16-2008, 02:17 AM
SouthSideFan Offline
New Trainer

Exclamation In Other News...BIGFOOT FOUND!!!!

has bigfoot been found??? two men from Georgia claim they have a bigfoot corpse its all over the internet my thoughts it could be a hoax but i hope it isnt i know the goverment will try n cover it up if it is tru but anyways lately theres been a lot of wacky activity such as the chupacabra video of the so called beast attacking a sheriff's car and the new invention of sum sort of invisibilty cloak a mermaid ,or that wierd creature found on the coast of new york..........wats next pikachu found in the woods?? lulz[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-16-2008, 02:32 AM
Darkness_Dragon Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Darkness_Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Darkness_Dragon
Default Re: In Other News...BIGFOOT FOUND!!!!

My opion on all of this is that its all a bunch of people pulling of a prank. Unless the Government comes clean and say that all of this is a possibility of these legends being true. But the Chupacabra I defently don't believe, unless I see it for myself. But I mostly think its all bs.

Thanks Tombi for the Signature and Avatar
Old 08-16-2008, 03:15 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: In Other News...BIGFOOT FOUND!!!!

I don't know. I'm not a Bigfoot expert. Personally I think it's a hoax, but I honestly don't know. All I do know is that there can't be more than a very small handful of Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) in the country or we would've found them by now.

And about the Chupacabra thing, no. That's not Le Chupacabra. First off, Chupacabra eats goats. That thing is not big enough to eat a goat. I mean, Hyenas are even smaller than that, but they hunt in big packs. Secondly, that doesn't look like a Chupacabra to me. That looks like a donkey runt.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:53 AM
Surly Professor Offline
Monsterous
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Arrow Re: In Other News...BIGFOOT FRAUD!!!!

They had their press conference today...

From http://news.cnet.com/8301-13577_3-10018290-36.html:

Bigfoot hunter Tom Biscardi held the press conference in Palo Alto, Calif., in conjunction with Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer, the two men from Georgia who claim that they found the corpse while hiking. Biscardi wouldn't actually show the body, saying that he had invited Fox News reporter Megan Kelly to show it on-air and that a number of scientists would be performing an autopsy on Monday.

Here is the evidence they presented...

From http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080815/...bigfoot_claim:

Biscardi, Whitton and Dyer presented what they called evidence supporting the Bigfoot theory. It was an e-mail from a University of Minnesota scientist, but all it said was that of the three DNA samples sent to the scientist, one was human, one was likely a possum and the third could not be tested because of technical problems.

A very poor showing indeed.

I'm shocked, can you tell?

Old 08-17-2008, 12:19 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

Maybe it's a hoax? If it was a Neanderthal, it would've had to have lived an a REALLY cold climate that would have matched the Ice Age, a climate that didn't drastically change over a period of a few million years...

The main reason Neanderthals couldn't keep up with today's humans was because they couldn't adapt to the warming climate once the Ice Age ended. Well, that's the big, major, most likely theory.

It's possible that 'bigfoot' there is a Neanderthal, but... :/ You never know, could just be a really elaborate hoax? We have skulls of Neanderthals, they have majorly different skulls to that of a humans, so... If it is a Neanderthal, or some primate/homosapien from that time period, I guess the most visible clue would be the shape of the cranium? Like, by visible, I mean without cutting into it, getting DNA, etc. etc.

Looks a little bit plastic if you ask me, but then again, I haven't seen a frozen corpse before!

The Brood is growing!
Old 08-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Ali the Dark One Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via MSN to Ali the Dark One

The ice chest that they're standing next to in the picture here looks a bit too thin and short to hold a 7.7 foot tall 500 lb. Apeman.

And I'm not a very skeptical person to start with.

I see that they bought a nice gorilla costume for the bigfoot corpse.

~Ali the Dark One~
Old 08-20-2008, 01:37 AM
Surly Professor Offline
Monsterous
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Thumbs down They took the money and ran!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,406101,00.html

I saw this story everywhere last week, but now that it's been proven a hoax it disappeared like Biscardi's money.

Please don't file this away in the back of your head as proof, forgetting that it was ever debunked.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:05 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Too bad, it would have really been interesting.

Oh well, I still believe in the possibility of Big Foot existing, along with the Yeti and Nessie. ^.^
Old 08-20-2008, 02:16 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: They took the money and ran!

It wasn't a hoax, it was a scam. They sold the Sasquatch Freezer to some group of Bigfoot enthusiasts to be tested and then they bailed with a lot of money. Shameful.

Edit: Actually Grassy Aggron, it's been speculated that Bigfoot and the Yeti are the same species, and it would make sense. And of course Nessie is real. Why would anyone think otherwise?
Old 08-23-2008, 06:21 AM
Cybernetic Ghost Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: They took the money and ran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post
It wasn't a hoax, it was a scam. They sold the Sasquatch Freezer to some group of Bigfoot enthusiasts to be tested and then they bailed with a lot of money. Shameful.

Edit: Actually Grassy Aggron, it's been speculated that Bigfoot and the Yeti are the same species, and it would make sense. And of course Nessie is real. Why would anyone think otherwise?
Even if they were trying to make off with cash, its still a hoax just as much as it was a scam.

Anyways, I don't buy into most cryptozoology. Pretty much nothing has come from it. Something like Bigfoot might have been around at a time, ages ago, but it hasn't been around in along time. Nessie I can't even try to believe in since the entire Loch has been searched if I'm not mistaken. I'd be cool if I had to eat those words one day, but I doubt I will.

yes.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

Saw this on Serebii. It was closed after a few minutes.

Wonder why...
Old 09-03-2008, 11:07 PM
faceplant527 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to faceplant527 Send a message via Yahoo to faceplant527

big foot isnt real. but i belive thats there are other types of animals out there. humans have only discoverd 2% of the waters in the world. there are 1000's of unknow species out there.

| Links | RIP Ryan |

マンチェスターユナイテッド