Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 03-25-2004, 09:13 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise
Default Dear Mr/Mrs Pokemon Elite 2000

I come to you with a suggestion, but first a question:

Do you ever get annoyed looking through a long post? Ever? Like when someone makes a post of 4 words, which takes up one line, and then their signiture is long as hell? Plz tell me it does. Because it is on my last nerve ._.

So, my suggestion to you, to cut down on bandwidth, and make it look clean and crisp, is to limit the vertical pixel height of people's signitures. When you read a letter, then person's signitute doesn't take up most of the paper, so why should someone's signiture online take up most of their post. I hope you take this into consideration, and get back to me with this. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:00 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Dear Mr/Mrs Pokemon Elite 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kholdstaire

Do you ever get annoyed looking through a long post? Ever? Like when someone makes a post of 4 words, which takes up one line, and then their signiture is long as hell? Plz tell me it does. Because it is on my last nerve ._.

So, my suggestion to you, to cut down on bandwidth, and make it look clean and crisp, is to limit the vertical pixel height of people's signitures. When you read a letter, then person's signitute doesn't take up most of the paper, so why should someone's signiture online take up most of their post. I hope you take this into consideration, and get back to me with this. Thanks.
First off, PE2K's actual name is Ryan. That would make him a guy.

Second, there are already rules regarding the size of the banner, you can check them out here: Forum Guide. People should be following this example but some of them don't. As long as your sig is the size of the box shown in the forum guide or less, its fine, but if it goes over, its really got to change. If it's only slightly over no one is going to make a big fuss about it.

Yes, I know Dark Pikachu's sig image is huge, but he said he would change it, sometimes its not easy to find a new image to put there, if that's who you're referring to.

Old 03-25-2004, 11:51 PM
Sutiivun Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Sutiivun Send a message via Yahoo to Sutiivun

Yeah, DP's sig is huge but he's getting a Flora banner, I think.

"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."
~Nathan Hale before his death in the Revolutionary War~
Old 03-26-2004, 02:19 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kholdstaire

I have a limit, I do get annoyed by it, and that is why I enforce my limit whenever I see it. I don't see every single signature out there. My limit for image sizes in signatures is one 550x150 (give or take a little) image, or a combination of images that doesn't exceed what an 550x150 image would take.

If you see someone with large signature, just contact me, and I'll deal with it, that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu
First off, PE2K's actual name is Ryan. That would make him a guy.

Second, there are already rules regarding the size of the banner, you can check them out here: Forum Guide. People should be following this example but some of them don't. As long as your sig is the size of the box shown in the forum guide or less, its fine, but if it goes over, its really got to change. If it's only slightly over no one is going to make a big fuss about it.

Yes, I know Dark Pikachu's sig image is huge, but he said he would change it, sometimes its not easy to find a new image to put there, if that's who you're referring to.
Since most people don't know my name, PE2K or Pokemon Elite 2000 will have to do. It's alright.

As for Dark Pikachu's sig image, that image has been removed. If it's too big, it shouldn't be there at all. I contacted Dark Pikachu about it.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:10 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

Awesome, I can live with that. You seem to be easy to work and get along with.

*writes j00 in my cool book*

Werrd
Old 03-26-2004, 07:48 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange
Red face Re: Dear Mr/Mrs Pokemon Elite 2000

Sorry about that. Ryan pmed me and took it off.

This is my apoligy to you all.

Sorry.