Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

View Poll Results: Mods?
We need more Mods 15 75.00%
We don't need more Mods 5 25.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San
Default [PE2K] Petition

Dear Ryan,
All of us PE2K members are here today, gathering to ask you to become more sensable. The forum, like every other forum, needs section mods, such as Mario in Fan Fiction and Marth in URPG. There are many section that needs moderating, even though Golbal Mods are doing a wonderful job I must admit but still, it is a right a member earns through hard work. For instance, Other Chat, Pokemon Role Playing, Art section and more needs moderators, Debates does too, for the sake of this forum and to make it a better place.

Ryan, to be frank with you, I like you, but, this place is only hosted by your self, and owned by us, members you have. Without us you won't have this forum, so please, I am asking you to not ignore us anymore, because members really do need two things, some needs to earn the right of becoming mods due to the hard work and dedication the shown in this forum, making it a better place, and some needs new moderators they like to deal with and to heklp them in thier sections.

Of course, we all know about democracy, and not implementing it in a forum proves that we are not even human beings. So, I will make this a vote, you have the right to vote your self, but eventually, the majority will pwn the minoratiy and farewell...

Dear PE2Kers, this petition was created because you wanted it, and you have the right to do it, express your selves, your feelings in a forum, a place, we all loved and dedicated at least couple of years of our lives. I ask you all to reply withou flamming or revolting whatever happaned, because, after all, Ryan WILL have to listen to us.

RULES-
1. Vote with showing the reason.
2. Do NOt Flame
3. Do NOT Curse, whatever happaned.
4. Do not ***** on any decission taken, either by whom the new mods are or about the winner in the Poll.
5. Thanks Daz for making the poll, I forgot doing it XD

~Sincerely yours,
Members of PE2K

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back

Last edited by Tamer San; 06-06-2005 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Incongruity Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Incongruity Send a message via MSN to Incongruity Send a message via Yahoo to Incongruity
Default Re: [PE2K] Petition

Meh, I don't think we need that many more mods. I remember back in the day we had like 4 active g-mods and not too many mods, and things were going fine.

and a chat mod is completely unnecessary. Dani and Clair were both chat mods once, didn't do anything.

if anything at all, a discussion/debate mod is necessary. While it's not the most active of all boards, it is the one where most people go out of control.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

I voted yes because we really need them. Come summer there will be a lot more people on. As for people who should become Mods...people who've been with PE2K for a year or so and knows how everything works.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt

We either need more global mods or mods in every section. I've seen people get out of control, and this place seems to need a bit more order. We've had good members leave, and I don't want that to hapen again. Thanks for the thread Tamer. I agree.
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Incongruity Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Incongruity Send a message via MSN to Incongruity Send a message via Yahoo to Incongruity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captian Charisma: Version 3.5
I voted yes because we really need them. Come summer there will be a lot more people on. As for people who should become Mods...people who've been with PE2K for a year or so and knows how everything works.
no way, I thought n00bs would be the best candidates

I hadn't thought of the summer thing though... Meh, if so, I still think we should wait isntead of initiating a pre-emptive strike.

looks like my side has already lost. Oh well, in this case majority decisions are the best, as it is a just choice. (as in, one where the majority rules, but the minority is not oppressed)
Old 06-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316

To a certain extent yes. Not as many mods as you said because we still have GMODs. I'd suggest 1 or 2. 1 for the game boards and 1 for Art. But really any more than that is pushing it. We have so many GMODs that they can cover most the forum fine. My only concern is the two boards I mention not getting enough coverage so that would be useful in my opinion.

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

VPP Slowbro. LV 100 @ 1191.
(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~

Last edited by Raddstealth316; 06-06-2005 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:23 PM
PKMN Trainer RED Offline
Elite Trainer

Ahh but I bet there wasn't that much member's as there is today, I vote yes for more mods. It'll ease some of the stress off mods and such.

Lv. 100 @ 601

Trainer stats
Old 06-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Daniella Defines Divinity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssk1911
Meh, I don't think we need that many more mods. I remember back in the day we had like 4 active g-mods and not too many mods, and things were going fine.

and a chat mod is completely unnecessary. Dani and Clair were both chat mods once, didn't do anything.

if anything at all, a discussion/debate mod is necessary. While it's not the most active of all boards, it is the one where most people go out of control.
We did T_T Only when there actually was stuff to do though >.< Those glitch threads were annoying>.<

I think the only mods that are necassary are for the pokemon boards, because the n00bs tend to roam that area and the older members generally aren't interested so it slips under the radar >.<

I guess the "mixed" category could have one, quite a few threads need stickying and unstickying all the time amongst those boards, but having one for each board there would just be too much XP
Old 06-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssk1911
no way, I thought n00bs would be the best candidates
Thanks for the comment smart ass!!
Old 06-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense.2
We either need more global mods or mods in every section. I've seen people get out of control, and this place seems to need a bit more order. We've had good members leave, and I don't want that to hapen again. Thanks for the thread Tamer. I agree.
The place definatly do not need any Global Moderator, we have the best G-Mods any forum would ever dream of. Harry, Neo, Jack, Zenaku, and even JIG...even though Kenny stopped Moding but he used to be a pwnage. We do not need GMods, and this petition is for Mods not G-Mods, so please do not mention anything about the Globals.

EDIT:
Shane, you are out of petition, thanks for voting. I created this not to make a WAR here in PE2K but to stop a one that was already coming. Read the rules next time and do not start flaming, and Ssk, no need to be sarcastic that much, please.

I am back
Old 06-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Sudo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Sudo

I voted that "we need more mods" because if we dont get more soon this forum is gonna inpload!

And no im not just jumping on the band wagon...
Old 06-06-2005, 07:28 PM
Incongruity Offline
Banned

Alright, I'm just going to put this out there because everyone knows its true

You all to a certain extent want to become mods. Everyone likes a feeling of power, control, and in a way, sadism. It may be more present in some than others, but it is in everyone

Now, if more mods were to be made, think of the jealousy it would cause. Think of how many people would leave in frustration. How many people would think, "what the... X was given Administrative powers?" It would cause trouble.

Meh, some people (like myself, Ierdar, and X) have given up on any glimmers of modships ages ago. But some people would be crushed if they didn't get a moddage.

(lol, it's okay. I know i'm a smart ass)

(to dani: yeah, but that was back when there WERE glitch threads )

Last edited by Incongruity; 06-06-2005 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:30 PM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer San
The place definatly do not need any Global Moderator, we have the best G-Mods any forum would ever dream of. Harry, Neo, Jack, Zenaku, and even JIG...even though Kenny stopped Moding but he used to be a pwnage. We do not need GMods, and this petition is for Mods not G-Mods, so please do not mention anything about the Globals.
I was just stating that if we do not get mods for certain boards, they will be empty. I've only seen four active G-mods, and if we are not going to have more mods helping, more G-mods would be needed. It's one or the other IMO.
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Well, our 4 active GMods are effecient more than 8 normal GMods, so do not change the subject of the petition. And Shane is back to petition, try not to be against each other Ssk and Shane...please.

I am back
Old 06-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

I vote neutral, because I personally don't see the need, but also think the majority should be allowed what they ask, if it's not overdoing.

Oh wait, no neutral vote. Then I just won't vote.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Closed Thread