Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:32 PM
sonickid01 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Stem Cell Reasearch

I wouldn't say I'm exactly for stem cell research in particular, but that general sort of thing, yeah.
I believe we can use cells from umbilical cords and etc. to do testing. Which begs the question, why aren't we?
I don't have all the facts obviously, so I don't know why we aren't but meh. If stem cells from aborted fetuses were the only option available, I'd say what the heck, why not? So long as you're not farming dead babies. :P
Originally Posted by aoboco
National Eating Disorders... maybe because of the clam chowder from yesterday?
Old 09-12-2008, 06:16 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonickid01 View Post
I wouldn't say I'm exactly for stem cell research in particular, but that general sort of thing, yeah.
I believe we can use cells from umbilical cords and etc. to do testing. Which begs the question, why aren't we?
I don't have all the facts obviously, so I don't know why we aren't but meh. If stem cells from aborted fetuses were the only option available, I'd say what the heck, why not? So long as you're not farming dead babies. :P
I certainly don't see what's wrong with doing stem cell research.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:29 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

Didn't they find a way to do it without the Embryos and stuff? I'm not really well-read on this subject, but I hear they cured diabetes in rats with it, that's pretty cool.

I'm sure it has its pros and cons, I don't feel like looking them up though. =P
Old 09-19-2008, 05:57 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sota View Post
Didn't they find a way to do it without the Embryos and stuff? I'm not really well-read on this subject, but I hear they cured diabetes in rats with it, that's pretty cool.

I'm sure it has its pros and cons, I don't feel like looking them up though. =P
I think that it has huge potential, and that ethical arguments aren't exactly strong. I see no reason not to do research.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

I myself am completely for it. I understand where the cells come from, and, it is a bit disheartening knowing that they came from an aborted baby, but recycling is really all it is. I mean, I am really for it because my father has a neuromuscular disease in his legs, where some of his nerves don't repsond, so he has'nt been able to run since he was 14, but, his doctors said he would be in a wheelchair by the time he was 28, when he was 20, and he is now 34, and walking well. I think that if stem cell research can treat this disease, that's amazing.

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}