Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Contests

Contests Participate in coordinator contests and win ribbons. Talk about contests in general in here.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Nitrous Oxide Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Nitrous Oxide Send a message via MSN to Nitrous Oxide
Default My idea...

Since there's only ever been one Super rank contest... and I want to get a Super rank ribbon, what about something along the lines of having a contest open to everyone and the winner wins the next ribbon in line for that Pokemon?
Old 08-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Default Re: My idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Oxide View Post
Since there's only ever been one Super rank contest... and I want to get a Super rank ribbon, what about something along the lines of having a contest open to everyone and the winner wins the next ribbon in line for that Pokemon?
I don't really think that would work, because the entire point of ribbons is to divide the Pokemon into classes so the competition would always be fair. Therefore, said contest defies the entire point of ribbons! If you want the Super Rank ribbon, I don't see why you don't gather up a lot of other people who need it and have a contest.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Nitrous Oxide Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokol DaErran View Post
I don't really think that would work, because the entire point of ribbons is to divide the Pokemon into classes so the competition would always be fair. Therefore, said contest defies the entire point of ribbons! If you want the Super Rank ribbon, I don't see why you don't gather up a lot of other people who need it and have a contest.
Why don't you have a look at how many contests have been had, and how many people actually care to invest effort into them other than a select few?

And also fair? My Clefable has max cuteness, and I have a flawless strategy. Anything less than Master Rank for me to be in is already unfair. -_-
Old 08-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Quote:
Why don't you have a look at how many contests have been had, and how many people actually care to invest effort into them other than a select few?

And also fair? My Clefable has max cuteness, and I have a flawless strategy. Anything less than Master Rank for me to be in is already unfair. -_-
...Ow. I would normally help you start up a contest once I can get Super Rank, but now I'm scared... In any case, you'll probably just going to have to wait it out. If you really think someone else might go for your idea as fair, you'll have to wait for a mod to see it, assuming they actually care XD

Old 08-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

Quote:

There should be more people that are able to compete in higher levels by right because of the amount of ribbons needed to advance to a higher rank are changed, but since the activity of contest has been dropping non-stop... :x
Old 08-06-2008, 04:15 AM
Nitrous Oxide Offline
Banned

Well, I think Jack should make something based on the activity of contests, because as it stands, 3 Normal ribbons is way too much. And then even with just one ribbon... just to get to a Super Rank contest, at least 7 people are needed to complete Normal Rank, and contests are nowhere near that popular... so yeah.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:16 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

You're probably right. At this rate, no one would win all the ribbons. I like your idea, to quicken the pace. Every win receives the next ribbon on the list.

So basically, it takes 4 contest wins to receive a Master Ribbon on that Pokemon. And all contests would be the same, with the only difference being the Attribute. I'd be fine with this.

~Jack~

-| Links |-