Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:06 AM
SuperJ-GOF Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default *Unexpected Responsiblity* Rated PG

Chapter One
A Twist of Fate

“C’mon, pass it over here!”

Several boys were playing football in a field near their town. It was the afternoon time, closer to the evening then the noon. One of the boys, whose name was Josh, ran down the field, as an oncoming pass flew toward him

“I got it!” he shouted.

Josh ran to catch the ball. He almost had it, but in his hurry, he tripped over a tree root. As the ball smacked him in the head, he fell in to a nearby bush.

“Hey Josh, are you alright?”

One of the other boys, his name was Zak, ran toward the spot where Josh had been.

“Where’d he go?”

Zak picked up the football, and walked away.

“He must have run home or something…”

Meanwhile, Josh was no where near home. No, he was on the other side of the bush, trying to find his way out of the small cave he had mistakenly discovered.

“Dang, where am I?” he said to himself.

Josh had only been in a dark place like this once before. His grandparent’s cellar was just as dark as this, and nearly as creepy. Josh was beginning to get nervous, He couldn’t find the bush in the meager light; it was almost as if the bush wasn’t there anymore… Josh began walking around, and the more time he spent in the cave, the more his imagination got the better of him.

“OK wait, I know there’s no such thing as ghosts… there’s no such thing as ghosts…” (Josh had clearly forgotten about ghost Pokémon.)

Josh wandered through the eerily dark cavern. The only light Josh did have, was the built in flashlight he had installed on his PokéNav.

“I really, really, really hope there’s no such thing as ghosts…”

At that very moment, four, white, glistening fangs suddenly appeared in the dark.

“There’s no such thing as ghosts…”

“There’s no such thing as ghosts....” then Josh’s light reflected of the fangs, “except for that one!”

The startled Zubat flew into full view of the boy, zoomed over his head, and alerted the rest of the Zubat in the cave as well.

“Ack! Never, never again am I leaving my Pokémon at home!”

Josh flew as fast as he could through the cave, tripping, and losing one of his shoes while he was at it. After the swarm of Zubat cleared, Josh sat down to take a break.

“Well, at least it wasn’t a ghost.”

He continued walking, when another odd and creepy thing appeared. It was an odd, purplish glow, floating in place. Meanwhile, as Josh kept going, he began to get nervous again.

“OK, there’s no such thing as ghosts… There’s… no…such…thing…as…ghosts…”

The boy caught something in the corner of his eye.

“WHAT THE MOLTRES!!!”

Josh turned to his left, and threw a rock. The rock simply passed through the glow, who didn’t move an inch, much less go away. A faint noise could be heard.

“Gastly… Gastly…”

“OH MY ARCEUS!!!”

I may be stating the obvious, but Josh was a boy who was easily scared. He ran even deeper into the cave, away from whatever the glow was, when all of a sudden, it appeared in front of him!

“CRAP!!!”

He slipped past it, and continued running; flying directly into the cave wall. He was in a daze, but through blurry eyes, he saw a single spot of light at the end of a long tunnel.

“AH! An exit!” he thought.

As he flew toward his hope of escape, he failed to notice one odd little detail. On the wall he collided with, was a crescent-shaped symbol colored perfectly black. Along side it was an inscription, in an odd language. He dashed forward, and the light slowly got bigger. He was drawing closer, ever closer, in moments he would be freed of the cave, but would it be in the way he thought? He was really close now. He was also out of breath, yet he pushed on.

“Ten feet, oh I just got to make it! Only about five feet now, I AM gonna make it!”

Then he was enveloped in a flash of light.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, here is my first chapter of what I hope will be a great fanfic! Constructive criticism is appreciated!

(PS: If anyone wondered, Josh looks something like this:)