Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Mew Ichigo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Homosexuality

Mods, please lock if this is against the rules, if it is not necessary, there is already one like this, or if this is a bad idea.

Well, a couple of days ago, I was watching the news. At one point, it turned to teenagers, whom were gay. They were being bullied for it. And their teachers gave them the blind eye. It said more teenagers are coming out as gay.

At one point, a boy that was gay hit on a male classmate. He became very angered by this. So, the next day, the classmate brought a gun to school. Witnesses say during class, he picked up the gun, and shot the gay boy, killing him.

I think it is wrong to bully homosexuals, just because they aren't straight. I have a bisexual friend, named Patricia.

I am straight, but it is sad to watch these teenagers get bullied for being homosexuals.....

Zolar is back <3 Huzzah
Old 08-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Dark Lightning Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lightning
Default Re: Homosexuality

I think I heard that news somewhere before. That is extremely sad, though.
They shouldn't be bullied if they're not straight, I agree.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Master_of_Munch Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contestshippingfan4563 View Post
Mods, please lock if this is against the rules, if it is not necessary, there is already one like this, or if this is a bad idea.

Well, a couple of days ago, I was watching the news. At one point, it turned to teenagers, whom were gay. They were being bullied for it. And their teachers gave them the blind eye. It said more teenagers are coming out as gay.

At one point, a boy that was gay hit on a male classmate. He became very angered by this. So, the next day, the classmate brought a gun to school. Witnesses say during class, he picked up the gun, and shot the gay boy, killing him.

I think it is wrong to bully homosexuals, just because they aren't straight. I have a bisexual friend, named Patricia.

I am straight, but it is sad to watch these teenagers get bullied for being homosexuals.....
Well, yeah. It's wrong to bully anyone. I'm straight as well, but if a gay guy hit on me, I wouldn't be mad. I'd just tell him that I wasn't that way and ask him not to do anything like that again. Simple as that. I get tired of a lot of guys and girls saying how bad homosexuals are. A lot of my friends are homosexual or bi, and if I had to choose between a straight guy or a gay guy as my friend, I would probably pick the gay guy, all depending on the people. They just tend to be nicer than straight people, but those are just my experiences. Same thing with, say, the military. If I was on the battlefield, I'd rather have a gay guy at my side in a battle than a straight guy. 'Nuff said, done monologueing , kthxbye.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_of_Munch View Post
Well, yeah. It's wrong to bully anyone. I'm straight as well, but if a gay guy hit on me, I wouldn't be mad. I'd just tell him that I wasn't that way and ask him not to do anything like that again. Simple as that. I get tired of a lot of guys and girls saying how bad homosexuals are. A lot of my friends are homosexual or bi, and if I had to choose between a straight guy or a gay guy as my friend, I would probably pick the gay guy, all depending on the people. They just tend to be nicer than straight people, but those are just my experiences. Same thing with, say, the military. If I was on the battlefield, I'd rather have a gay guy at my side in a battle than a straight guy. 'Nuff said, done monologueing , kthxbye.
This should be merged with "Homosexuality;right or wrong" Go mods go!

Old 08-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Master_of_Munch Offline
Elite Trainer

Maybe this should be stickied. Seems to be a popular topic, and it might be worth a permanent place in his board, if only to prevent more threads like it being made.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Maybe this should be stickied. Seems to be a popular topic, and it might be worth a permanent place in his board, if only to prevent more threads like it being made.
Whenever I hit this board, there's always one homosexuality thread on the first page. I agree with you in saying we should have a homosexuality megathread.

Bullying isn't cool, no matter whether homosexuals, lesbians or straight are being subjected to it. Anyone who's stupid and immature enough to bully someone because his/her sexual orientation is different is socially inadequate.

Last edited by Rekhyt; 08-01-2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Decided to reply to Master_of_Munch
Old 08-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Quote:
Yup! That way we could save ourselves the trouble of constantly making new ones. Come to think of it, the religion thread could be stickied too...

Old 08-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Mew Ichigo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Raichu View Post
Whenever I hit this board, there's always one homosexuality thread on the first page. I agree with you in saying we should have a homosexuality megathread.

Bullying isn't cool, no matter whether homosexuals, lesbians or straight are being subjected to it. Anyone who's stupid and immature enough to bully someone because his/her sexual orientation is different is socially inadequate.
Yup, I totally agree.....

Zolar is back <3 Huzzah
Old 08-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

I think it is wrong to bully homosexual people. I mean, it's just someone's preference. It's awful, because if you are homosexual, I imagine it would make you feel so socially insecure, and that just is'nt right.

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 08-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Master_of_Munch Offline
Elite Trainer

Hmmm, Imma go for the idea.

*Requests sticky
Old 08-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Demon_Shiron Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Demon_Shiron

me too. thats is bull though, but what do you expect from teenagers... seriously, we're always looking for something or someone to judge.

I Am Everything You Ever Were Afraid Of

My Friend Code: 2922-3457-5225
Old 08-03-2008, 11:03 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I can't stand bullying full stop. It's everywhere.

And not really related to the bullying but there are so many teenage homosexual people that kill themselves because they think that they can choose or they think that it is a sin.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

It's very sad that anyone gets bullied, but that's the way it always is. We're a country that stands on the ground of equality but someone is always being discriminated against and people will always be discriminated against. That's the way it is and always will be. The difference is that there are people like all of us who think that it's wrong, and we stand up for those people.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:45 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Hi all, generally speaking, popular threads get enough posts that there's no need to sticky them. Please just glance at the thread titles on page one before making a thread. There's already a homosexuality discussion.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Closed Thread