Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 03:37 AM
Spongebob Number One Fan Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: New: Official PE2k D/P Tier List

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedinjask View Post
Of course Sand Veil isn't Shadow Tag, but from what I've seen most people believe that it tips the scales towards Uber. That and Yache Berry. Besides, if I never point out mistakes then how are people to better themselves? :O

You can't ban Outrage on Garchomp. I doubt you could get away with banning Yache Berry without everyone all of a sudden going 'Manaphy without Tail Glow isn't Uber unban it and just ban Tail Glow' and then it's all one big mess.
I didn't mean banning the move totally. I mean that You just would not be allowed to use Outrage and Yache Berry on the same set. There are probably problems with the idea but most people agree that Garchomp isn't overwhelmingly Uber (like, say Wobbuffet is) or easily OU either. It's kind of border lining the two imo, so just banning the combination would take care of its "broken" set.

Again, I'm sure the idea has a lot of flaws but I really don't think Garchomp is anywhere near the terror Wobbuffet was.

Anti: IN SPACE
Anti: NOBODY CAN HEAR YOU CRY
Dark Azelf: In my basement no one can hear you struggle
Old 08-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber

I think Abomosnow, Aerodactyl, and even Donphan should be OU. I am seeing more Donphan now and they have been catching my team off guard. Aero leads are popular now also and Abomasnow is the usual only choice for hail teams :P
Old 08-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanrocks126 View Post
I think Abomosnow, Aerodactyl, and even Donphan should be OU. I am seeing more Donphan now and they have been catching my team off guard. Aero leads are popular now also and Abomasnow is the usual only choice for hail teams :P
No, you're not getting it. BL/OU is not determined by how good a pokemon is. It's determined only by usage. If people stopped using Garchomp it would drop to BL, regardless of its overwhelming power.

Truth is, Donphan isn't used much these days since he's just an inferior Hippowdon. Rapid Spin really isn't that useful anymore and Hippowdon makes a much better wall than Donphan.

Hail teams aren't common at all, and mostly because SS teams generally work better. Abomasnow isn't used a whole lot and it probably shouldn't be.

Aerodactyl is getting a lot more usage now as a SR suicide lead though and is making a push towards being OU, but from what I know it was recently moved down to UUs so I don't really know how that's going to work (probably like Tentacruel was after Obi's stall team).

Old 08-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob Number One Fan View Post
No, you're not getting it. BL/OU is not determined by how good a pokemon is. It's determined only by usage. If people stopped using Garchomp it would drop to BL, regardless of its overwhelming power.

Truth is, Donphan isn't used much these days since he's just an inferior Hippowdon. Rapid Spin really isn't that useful anymore and Hippowdon makes a much better wall than Donphan.

Hail teams aren't common at all, and mostly because SS teams generally work better. Abomasnow isn't used a whole lot and it probably shouldn't be.

Aerodactyl is getting a lot more usage now as a SR suicide lead though and is making a push towards being OU, but from what I know it was recently moved down to UUs so I don't really know how that's going to work (probably like Tentacruel was after Obi's stall team).
Well actually, BL isn't strictly determined by usage, as sometimes UU mons who are overpowering that tier are moved there.

Just thought I'd point that out. >_>

Hi

Old 08-05-2008, 09:45 PM
FLSHK Offline
Master Trainer

Basically, Choice Scarf Starmie with a special sweeper moveset is capable of OHKO'ing Garchomp, and I don't know why Garchomp is ever thought of as "uber" when it would be beaten most of the time in ubers because of all the better Pokémon than it in ubers. Any Uber with good special attack (by uber standards) that can know Ice Beam is capable of OHKO'ing any non-Focus Sash Garchomp. Most people wouldn't even put a Focus Sash on Garchomp. At least, that's how it's been in my experience. I also think that if Garchomp is not going to be OU anymore, it should be Limbo. That's where Deoxys-S was for a while on the Smogon Tier List for D/P.

WLD: 7/3/0

It took forever (well, more like an hour) to make my avatar!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiister2007 View Post
Basically, Choice Scarf Starmie with a special sweeper moveset is capable of OHKO'ing Garchomp, and I don't know why Garchomp is ever thought of as "uber" when it would be beaten most of the time in ubers because of all the better Pokémon than it in ubers. Any Uber with good special attack (by uber standards) that can know Ice Beam is capable of OHKO'ing any non-Focus Sash Garchomp. Most people wouldn't even put a Focus Sash on Garchomp. At least, that's how it's been in my experience. I also think that if Garchomp is not going to be OU anymore, it should be Limbo. That's where Deoxys-S was for a while on the Smogon Tier List for D/P.
You apparently have no idea how putting a Pokemon in ubers works, then.

A Pokemon being in ubers has nothing to do with how well it would perform in that tier. :|

Hi

Old 08-06-2008, 12:01 AM
shedinjask Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Also Garchomp could just switch out of Starmie.

Or survive with Yache Berry.

Or kill it on the switch in.

Or why are you even putting Scarf on Starmie when you could just outspeed it anyways and blow through Yache with Specs Ice Beam.

brawlin': 5069-3607-4841
Old 08-06-2008, 12:11 AM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiister2007 View Post
If you have bulky Starmie you can still live a Scarf Chomp and revenge it with Ice beam >_>. Garchomp is uber because of it's variety and usage. It has a great move-pool and can take down alot of mons even teams at times. Shedinjask is completely correct also.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:55 AM
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
Well actually, BL isn't strictly determined by usage, as sometimes UU mons who are overpowering that tier are moved there.

Just thought I'd point that out. >_>
Just pointing out I said BL/OU only :P But yeah you're right in the context you're speaking in. Just to clarify what I meant.

Also for the poster above who said Garchomp is uber...I haven't seen it uber on any tier list yet. Also, Garchomp doesn't have much variety when it comes to overpowering things. It's basically CB or SD chomp. Its movepool isn't very wide, and while all the moves it needs to be effective are there, his movepool doe make garchomp very very predictable. Insanely powerful? Yes. Versatile? Not exactly.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:53 AM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Why Cradily BL o_o, it can't compete in OU without Sandstorm support at all.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:02 PM
shedinjask Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Pokecommunity banned it, Smogon's testing it, it might become uber soon. And Garchomp doesn't need versatility. It can 2HKO almost anything after a SD.

Cradily is BL because no one uses it.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedinjask View Post
Pokecommunity banned it, Smogon's testing it, it might become uber soon. And Garchomp doesn't need versatility. It can 2HKO almost anything after a SD.

Cradily is BL because no one uses it.
He was saying that he thought it was UU, which is what I thought as well.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 08-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Cool Kid 94 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Aerodactyl and Weezing are UU now.

If you think about it, they aren't really broken in UU.

I haven't played UU at all, but I know that there are a lot more Psychic types in UU, making Weezing not so good there.

It's true that they play well in OU, but they don't play as well in UU.
FC: 3480 1334 4941

Pokemon WiFi Region
The only thing special about these forums anymore is the Chatbox.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:32 PM
shedinjask Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I don't know about Weezing but people are really complaining about Aerodactyl. It might be moved back up soon.

Last edited by shedinjask; 08-18-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:27 AM
Lelouch vi Britannia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Lelouch vi Britannia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob Number One Fan View Post
I didn't mean banning the move totally. I mean that You just would not be allowed to use Outrage and Yache Berry on the same set. There are probably problems with the idea but most people agree that Garchomp isn't overwhelmingly Uber (like, say Wobbuffet is) or easily OU either. It's kind of border lining the two imo, so just banning the combination would take care of its "broken" set.

Again, I'm sure the idea has a lot of flaws but I really don't think Garchomp is anywhere near the terror Wobbuffet was.
a Yache Berry/Outrage combo is one of the best for Garchomp. I dont see why Chomp might get banned, Its not nearly as good as any of the Ubers are. But i do see your point. Garchomp is one of the Main threats in OU. But a Yache Berry/Outrage combo is vital to ensure chomps survival.

Pokemon Diamond FC: 3351 0648 5810 (Main)
Pokemon Pearl FC: 1333 4469 2058 (Trading/Storage)
Pokemon Platinum FC: 5371 1168 6580
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 0732 7052 2726

Last edited by Lelouch vi Britannia; 08-18-2008 at 05:30 AM.
Closed Thread