Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Default Re: Long Distance/Never Meet the Person, Relationships

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC View Post
Also, in real life, you get physical attraction. Plus, it is quite hard to sound romantic over the internet...

Also, the thing a lot of adults like to do can't be done over the internet...
You took the words out of my mouth on the second line... Plus, although I support Internet relationships, if you are seriously considering starting a romantic relationship with someone, you need to stop and seriously consider whether the internet is taking over your life.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC View Post
Also, in real life, you get physical attraction. Plus, it is quite hard to sound romantic over the internet...
Ever tried? It's not as hard as it sounds. And physical attraction is hardly the basis of a relationship that you want to last. And I'm presuming that's what we're talking about?

Internet relationships can work. I know a certain person on this forum(I won't mention his name in case he doesn't want me to) who met a girl online, and is now engaged to her. Yes. A proposal has been made, and that is the single most love-bound thing anyone can do. "I want to live with you forever" in effect.

Now, actual love isn't restricted to seeing someone's face. Yes, physical contact like holding hands can be quite intimate, but just talking to the person you love can be equally so. Just because you can't kiss someone, or...get into bed with them doesn't mean you can't love them. That's a whacked idea, and anyone who thinks it's true really needs to think about things.

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 08-11-2008, 04:12 AM
faceplant527 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to faceplant527 Send a message via Yahoo to faceplant527

they are dumb !!! you gotta see the person lol. waste of time !!!

| Links | RIP Ryan |

マンチェスターユナイテッド

Old 09-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Emily Offline

Send a message via AIM to Emily Send a message via MSN to Emily Send a message via Skype™ to Emily

Okay srs post now.

I personally have fallen in like over the internet. I thought it was love, but I'm pretty sure now that it wasn't. It's happened to me twice. It ended in heartbreak both times, and neither were particularly pleasant experiences to begin with. Think about it like this; you have strong feelings for someone, and you want to spend every second of every day with them. However, you're kept apart by the laws of physics, and there's this heart-wrenching feeling you get if you dwell on it for too long. Or at least, there has been in my experiences.

They were both fugly anyway, so nothing lost there, eh? ;P
Old 09-12-2008, 05:01 AM
nricklee Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117 View Post
Ive had one online relationship but it OBVIOUSLY didnt work out. I think online relationships are kinda pointless unless you can actually meet the person. Otherwise all you can do is talk...and well thats it.

I also think in the same way.I ave so many online friends but i don't think so i can have serious relationship with any of 'em until l meet 'em personally.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:27 AM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cune View Post
Okay srs post now.

I personally have fallen in like over the internet. I thought it was love, but I'm pretty sure now that it wasn't. It's happened to me twice. It ended in heartbreak both times, and neither were particularly pleasant experiences to begin with. Think about it like this; you have strong feelings for someone, and you want to spend every second of every day with them. However, you're kept apart by the laws of physics, and there's this heart-wrenching feeling you get if you dwell on it for too long. Or at least, there has been in my experiences.

They were both fugly anyway, so nothing lost there, eh? ;P
Quoted for truth.

Seriously, it isn't impossible, nor destined to fail, at the same time you are not by any means setting yourself up for success.

~Isaiah

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref