Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 07-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda
Default Song/Music Video Reveiws

It had to be made :o

Welcome to the Song/Music Review thread, have you ever wanted people to know what you think about a song or Music Video? Now you can tell them!

Rules
- Don't review a song you haven't heard, and don't review a Music Video you haven't seen ;]
-Anyone can submit a review
-Multiple People can submit reviews for the same song or Music Video
-You can't reserve a song, when you post, post the full review please, if you'rre not finished save it on Word pad or something, it's not hard =/
-Do Not Submit n00bish small reveiws, yes, you have to have at least a two paragraphs, quantity and quality both are equal here ;]. By the Way, quality is key to, grammar is important, give us your opinion. I don't want you saying 'this song is stupid and boring' okay? I want you to be detailed and make your review great =).
-Only post reviews here, don't reply to someone's review in this thread, PM them or leave them a comment on their profile ;].

Rating System:

Yes, I guess we need one, so at the end of your review, give your song/music video a review of 1-100 [If you feel like listing 100, fine] stars, or whatever you like, it can be music notes, pokeballs, whatever xD Just follow the 1-100 rule =0!
Old 07-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda
Default Re: Song/Music Video Reveiws

a

b

c

d
Disturbia - Rihanna [Video and Song]

e

f

g

h

i

j

k

l

m

n

o

p

q

r

s

t

u

v

w

x

y

z

Last edited by Soda; 07-27-2008 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Soda Offline
Banned

Default Re: Song/Music Video Reveiws

JD's reveiw of ...
'Disturbia' - Rihanna

[This is a review of the video and song ;3]

Obviously I'm going to be professional about this, even though I totally love Rihanna to the max...

The Song

The Title
Obviously the title brought speculation, since Rihanna was Romantically linked to Shia Labarf, who starred in the Movie 'Disturbia', but she dumped him to be with me.

Lyrics
The lyrics are a little weird to some, but to some it attracts them to the song. Some people think it's Rihanna's way of telling people that she can reinvent herself in anyway she wants, a link to the lyrics are at the bottom of the review. ;]

Vocals
Too many Rihanna's voice is soothing, fun, and nice. She's still got a great voice in this, but she's taken a new turn. Her voice is darker and sharper, still great, just different, Of course her voice is the main attraction.

The Music
The actual Music itself is really just a beat, dum dum dum xD, and clapping, you know not really big, it's great, but I think people will come to like this song because of her voice and lyrics.

The Video

When Watching
This video is such a step out from what she usual does, it's not that hard to see, it's much weirder, in the best way possible!

Beginning
Right off the bat you see some weird stuff, but it grabs your attention. The Video is set in what seems to be a demented Carnival or something, don't hold me to it, It's kinda hard to tell. Rihanna just looks dark and sexy at the beginning. With the piano playing, though the guy with an eye patch might distract you!

Sexuality
Rihanna's got it, and she flaunts it in the video, she wears some tiny stuff, has spiders crawling all over her, dances in a cage, you know, the usual! I mean this is one of her more sexual videos! You'll see some reasons why I love her in this video!

Movement
Rihanna usually does dancing in her videos, in this one it's the same, though she also does some weird stuff. Using the fast forward effect a lot in this video. She does do some great dancing in this though. She's really good, I must say comparing this to her dancing in 'Umbrella', this song wins by a mile!

How the public might take this video
As I said before Rihanna took a huge step out of her comfort zone doing this, it's really crazy and dark, the song is doing very well now, topping the charts, but I don't think this video will make it in many video countdowns, it's a little scary, and it's not like the girls at TRL are gonna be obsessed with this video! I think it will do well though, most people will recognize Rihanna to be great, like Madonna, she can change her style anytime or way she wants! I might even listen to Country if Rihanna came out with a Country album!

Total Overview

I love this song, it proves how much Rihanna can do, I don't think many people understand, Rihanna is only on her third album, and so far all these songs have reached top ten status, most top five, two of them number one!

Umbrella
Shut Up And Drive
Hate That I Love You
Disturbia
Take A Bow
If I Never See Your Face Again
Please Don't stop The Music

That's seven songs from one album, it's crazy!
This song is so great, I mean Rihanna has so many styles, I know many people will be listening to this for a long time!

Rating
***** Five stars, that's pretty high, she deserves every one of them!

Links
The Video
Lyrics