Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: US's National debt crosses Ten Trillion! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunschkind View Post
The war is the only thing keeping us up. Remember the Great Depression? War is was brought us out of it.

Socialized medicine... have you heard about the problems Canada is facing? Just... no.
Wunschy, I honestly can't argue with you that WWII picked us up out of the Depression, but you have to remember, we entered WWII we were already in the Depression. This recession started in the middle of the war we're in.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Always thought that a little debt in a country is not that big of a deal. 10 trillion is not a "little" debt though. I do think, however, that America's past success had to do with its corporate-driven ideals. As an example, Hong Kong's low corporate tax policies does help it stay afloat during these tougher times as well. To be certain, I think the government is hoping that by docking taxes on corporations, the benefits will translate back to the middle class workers themselves.

As for socialized medicine, Canada has a strange hybrid of private and nonprivate medicine. The problems Canada (particularly Ontario) faces is the shortage of doctors, though. That's just because we don't pay them enough.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Zapdogre Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Zapdogre Send a message via AIM to Zapdogre Send a message via MSN to Zapdogre Send a message via Yahoo to Zapdogre Send a message via Skype™ to Zapdogre

Wow. What a large number! I never imagined one country could have so much dept!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

When it comes to Finance, May pwns all. XDXDXD

And yeah, the debt is made out of lolfail. I don't know anything about America, but I'll be happy if any of you decided to stop by my side or even stay in my country. XD Then you can join the League of PE2K Singaporeans.

And Wunchy, you fail hard. The Depression had nothing to do with the war, that much I can tell you, unless you count it being a large factor in bringing Hitler to power and going all "KILL THE JEWS!!!11111111" and "THIS! IS! SPARTA!!!!" kinda stuff.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 08-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post
This recession started in the middle of the war we're in.
If it weren't for the recession, World War Two might have screwed us. Cannot say, really, but I'm pretty sure about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Always thought that a little debt in a country is not that big of a deal. 10 trillion is not a "little" debt though. I do think, however, that America's past success had to do with its corporate-driven ideals. As an example, Hong Kong's low corporate tax policies does help it stay afloat during these tougher times as well. To be certain, I think the government is hoping that by docking taxes on corporations, the benefits will translate back to the middle class workers themselves.

As for socialized medicine, Canada has a strange hybrid of private and nonprivate medicine. The problems Canada (particularly Ontario) faces is the shortage of doctors, though. That's just because we don't pay them enough.
Last time I checked, Corporate Class pays much less than the Middle Class, because they're apparently hit by the recession 'more'. :/

And yeah, I did read an article about that, now they're starting private practice, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapdogre View Post
Wow. What a large number! I never imagined one country could have so much dept!
US's actual debt is 60 Trillion Dollars. Scary thought, eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
When it comes to Finance, May pwns all. XDXDXD

And yeah, the debt is made out of lolfail.
Debt is essential though- If there were no debts, there'd be no money in the system at all. Funnily enough, the good points about debts outnumber the bad points.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by May Norman View Post
US's actual debt is 60 Trillion Dollars. Scary thought, eh?
I have only one thing to say to that.
EPIC FAIL!!!

Old 08-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Radrei Offline
Banned

I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
And I'll proudly stand up
Until China calls in our debt
Then I'll be a commie

All I've got to say.