Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 01:59 PM
shedinjask Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Homosexuality - Right or Wrong?

Gay people should be able to adopt children for the same reason that interracial couples were allowed to have children. The kids will get teased but ultimately it will become accepted. Harsh but it's the only way.

brawlin': 5069-3607-4841
Old 08-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
No. He did NOT create us to simply enjoy life. I hate when people use this as an argument; it implies that they know nothing about religion
I probably know a lot more than you when it comes to religion and you really don't have any rights to say what God created us for or not, especially as he probably doesn't exist. And what? Your last sentence made absolutely no sense. I told you to stop bringing irrelevant points into the debate and you told me that when I said that, it meant that I know nothing about religion?
Old 08-30-2008, 04:05 PM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunschkind
That's the problem. You think you're the greatest thing since the flush toilet. Get over yourself.
The flush toilet is the greatest thing ever?

Quote:
No. He did NOT create us to simply enjoy life. I hate when people use this as an argument; it implies that they know nothing about religion.
Bow to Wunschkind. He is a prophet. He has come to provide us His Almighty's wishes and educate us in the divine way of the Lord.

Enlighten me, Wunschkind.

Quote:
Hypocritical much?
I love it when you start contradicting yourself.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunschkind View Post
No. He did NOT create us to simply enjoy life. I hate when people use this as an argument; it implies that they know nothing about religion.
While Eeveeking shouldn't have said what God created us for, you shouldn't either. And you did it with a rude attitude, so this attack is at you. If God created us, nobody, on this forum at least, can say why. You don't know God's reasons or God's thoughts, and you can't say with a definite tone why he did anything.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firelover View Post
True but wow. i never expected anybody to put it like that. eh, but i like both, so im good with anything :P
Hm. I just realized nobody seems to care what people who like both boys and girls or people who don't like either think.
I suppose with Firelover(the former) and me(the latter) around, you already know. :)
Quote:
That's the problem. You think you're the greatest thing since the flush toilet. Get over yourself.
Umm, yeahhhhh... *winks*
Quote:
You mean your religion. You seem to have no ability to accept the fact that Christianity is not the only religion in the world.

Last edited by Pokol DaErran; 08-30-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:57 PM
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Godammit, Wunshkind, why do you have to turn every argument into a religious debate?
Old 08-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
I said I refuted it to the best of my ability Wunschkind, not that I ultimately refuted it with my infinite knowledge of everything in existence. The problem is that you need to get over yourself. You're the one who claims to know everything. All I know is that marriage is a legal right in this country, and that because of that gay people should be allowed to get married. Simple as that.

Quote:
Oh, yes Wunschkind, He created us so we would all be miserable, hence the plague, Hurricane Katrina, 9/11, and George Bush somehow getting reelected in 2004.

This is what I mean when I say that you think you know everything. So I'll tell you what Wunschkind, you prove to me that God didn't create us so that we could enjoy life and I'll believe you.

Quote:
Hypocritical much?
Look who's talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumao View Post
While Eeveeking shouldn't have said what God created us for, you shouldn't either. And you did it with a rude attitude, so this attack is at you. If God created us, nobody, on this forum at least, can say why. You don't know God's reasons or God's thoughts, and you can't say with a definite tone why he did anything.
I never said that, that was Oni Raichu. Wunschkind just forgot to note who said what when he quoted. I have never claimed to know anything about the intentions of any higher power. While I do agree with Oni Raichu on that one, it's my personal opinion, and I'm not going to use it as an argument.

Last edited by Lord Fedora; 08-30-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Master Debation Offline
Banned

Naturally, this topic after my posts has turned into yet another pointless flame war. Congratulations everyone for jumping on Wunschkind for no reason.

Before I start, you're all twits who accused me of flaming. I did read the thread, however the post had been worded poorly and threw me off. I never flamed him, though. Everyone else, however....

Wunschkind hasn't said anything wrong exactly with his last post. His message was pointless, it wasn't the debate, but you're all putting words in his mouth. By "flushing toilet" he means you think you're awesome, and Oni Raichu certainly does think that. But he's also putting words in the mouth of the person he quoted, who had refuted his arguements.

Yes, Wunschkind should have had a rebuttal of some sort rather than a minor personal attack. However, he never claimed to know what God created us for, nor implied it. Nor did he ever imply that he was not a hypocrite or hadn't flamed anyone, he was simply calling you a hypocrite. And you proved his point, you all did, by attacking him. Congratulations for failing. =\

And if we want to debate why we think God created us(if he does indeed exist) then make a seperate thread about it, because this is about the morality of homosexuality. Evidently, no one knows what that means on this forum and have no idea how to debate it from either side. =\
Old 09-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Caecity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Caecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Debation View Post

Wunschkind hasn't said anything wrong exactly with his last post. His message was pointless, it wasn't the debate, but you're all putting words in his mouth. By "flushing toilet" he means you think you're awesome, and Oni Raichu certainly does think that. But he's also putting words in the mouth of the person he quoted, who had refuted his arguements.
Hypocrite. Your message was pontless, it wasn't ABOUT the debate either. D:

Quote:
Yes, Wunschkind should have had a rebuttal of some sort rather than a minor personal attack. However, he never claimed to know what God created us for, nor implied it. Nor did he ever imply that he was not a hypocrite or hadn't flamed anyone, he was simply calling you a hypocrite. And you proved his point, you all did, by attacking him. Congratulations for failing. =\

Azzy was just saying, 'Nobody should say what God created us for, that as means you', :/

Hypocrite again, you basically just attack Oni in your earlier paragraph, the one above this, now whom's failing??

Quote:
And if we want to debate why we think God created us(if he does indeed exist) then make a seperate thread about it, because this is about the morality of homosexuality. Evidently, no one knows what that means on this forum and have no idea how to debate it from either side. =\
[/QUOTE]

Mini-Mod much? Well, aren't you the smart one, I thought I know, guess not.

Err, off-topic much, sorryyy again. I think this thread be better off locked. [It's a suggestion, not mini-modding.

C a e c i t y -- The blindness {{of love.}}

JentleViolence, my p a i r.
Empoleonx2, my former s o u l.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Debation View Post
Naturally, this topic after my posts has turned into yet another pointless flame war. Congratulations everyone for jumping on Wunschkind for no reason.

Before I start, you're all twits who accused me of flaming. I did read the thread, however the post had been worded poorly and threw me off. I never flamed him, though. Everyone else, however....

We weren't accusing you...

Old 09-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

PLEASE GUYS. THIS IS THE SECOND TOPIC YOU'RE POINTLESS FLAMING PEOPLE FOR. PLEASE, JUST SHUT UP AND GET BACK ON TOPIC. IGNORE WUNSCHKIND FOR HELL'S SAKE. ANNOYING LITTLE RUNTS DO NOT DESERVE RECOGNITION.

Please guys, don't close these really good threads for reasons such as Wunschkind.

As always, I stand by my opinion. Homosexuality is completely fine and awesome. There is nothing wrong with it by my means, so what, two men or women can't reproduce? Neither can those who are impotent.

Homosexuality is a part of today's (and past) human diversity, choice and preference. There is nothing wrong with choice or preference. Nor diversity. Our differences as a whole are one of the tiny few things that make us all the same. We are a whole for our differences. Everything is. Because everything is different, they are all the same in that one category. (Cloning is out to prove me wrong people!)

It's kinda funny really, Gay used to mean happy, now it's become an insult, as has the 'n' word, except it was a derogatory word in the first place.

The Brood is growing!
Old 09-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Debation
Oh yeah. Comparing Eeveeking to a toilet and calling me a hypocrite is no reason at all.

Quote:
You weren't flaming. You were arguing Eeveeking when he supported gay rights. I asked you to read the thread to prevent flame wars. And tell me who out of all of us flamed.

Quote:
What words exactly did Oni Raichu put in Wunschkind's mouth? I read his post three times. He only said that Wunschkind didn't know what God wanted. You are putting words in his mouth.

Quote:
Did I ever imply that I'm not a hypocrite? Congratulations for failing.

Quote:
No. He did NOT create us to simply enjoy life. I hate when people use this as an argument; it implies that they know nothing about religion
Read it again. He says that God did not create us to enjoy life which tells us that he thinks he knows what God created us for.

Quote:
So you are calling us all dumb and you think that the last fifteen pages was nonsense. Then you say that we don't know how to debate.

How hypocritical can you get?

You've been here only for the last two pages and now you are attacking us? WHat's wrong with you?
Old 09-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

*Closed for excessive flaming*

Guys, this is supposedly debate, right?
Closed Thread