Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Old 05-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Deoxysfan3 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default My G/S/C team

This is going to be the team I'm going to use in all 3 games please rate it.

Typhlosion@Charcoal
Thunderpunch for water types
Swift
Flame Wheel
Sunny Day

Gayrdos@Mystic Water
Raindance
Waterfall
Hyper Beam
Strength

Graveler@Hard Stone
Fire Punch for grass types
Rollout
Thunderpunch
Earthquake

Quagsire@Quick Claw
Haze
Surf
Whirlpool
Amnesia

Victreebell@Miracale Seed
Vine Whip/Razor Leaf
Sleep Powder
Stun Spore
Acid

Togetic@Pink Bow
Metronome
Fly
Charm
Shadow Ball
Old 06-01-2005, 12:14 AM
Kris Destiny Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: My G/S/C team

Not bad. However, they can be improved. Change Quick Claw to Leftovers. Quick Claw only works 8% of the time.

Typhlosian
Thunderpunch
Sunny Day
Flamethrower
Earthquake

Gyarados
Ice Beam
Surf
Return
Dragon Breath (I don't really know what else to give it.)

Graveler
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Earthquake
Return

Quagsire
Surf
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Amnesia

Victreebell
Razor Leaf
Sleep Powder
Sludge Bomb
Return

Togetic
Steel Wing
Return
Flamethrower
Fly
Old 06-01-2005, 03:20 AM
PKMN Trainer RED Offline
Elite Trainer

Here's mine.
Sandslash lvl 74
Slash
Dig
Earthquake
Cut
Dragonair lvl 43
Dragon rage
Dragon breath
Thunder wave (Will get rid of when find a good lightning attack)
Waterfall
Typhlosion lvl 51
Flame wheel
Fire punch
Headbutt
strength
Pikachu lvl 33 (Is training at moment)
Thunderbolt
Zap cannon
Thunder wave
Iron tail
Pidgeot lvl 42
Fly
Wing attack
Gust (will change when better comes along)
Quick attack
Suicune lvl 44
Auora beam
Whirlpool
Surf
Bubble beam
Old 06-01-2005, 05:49 AM
Exon Auxus Offline

Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus

Pretty good team. I'd say that all of your pokemonn are ready for the Pokemon League except Pikachu. Level him up to about level 42, then get him into the Pokemon League
Old 06-01-2005, 12:04 PM
PKMN Trainer RED Offline
Elite Trainer

Oh I beat the league, I made a dare to my self that I'd get all gym badges, beat the elite four, and meet Red in a week. I did it in 5 days woot!!! But thanks, most people say my pokemon suck but they learn their lession lol.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:06 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

Uh... Not to be mean, Red, but that team has no weight on human players... the movesets aren't really that great >_<

Also, I will work on a rate later, but I'm at work =x
Old 06-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Exon Auxus Offline

It's not a bad team. It looks like it can beat the league. He just needs to train his Pikachu.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:31 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Decent team in-game doesn't mean jack if you're facing real human players who're half competent =/

For Deoxysfan3: I'm rating your team based on human-human battling, not in game AI.

Typhlosion: Would you really start with that? The common starters... don't seem to be a whole lot weak to Typh. I'd keep it in the back as your speedy special finisher (though with 298 speed it isn't going to be that fast.) Flamethrower over Flame wheel, and Quake over Swift. I'd go for a Mintberry - rest over Sunny day, since I don't see a point in Sday here. (Your team doesn't particularly benefit from it either)

Gyarados: Gyarados isn't a great Water type to use, and you already have a quagsire. Maybe ditch it for a more versatile water, like Starmie? If you opt to keep Gyarados, uh... It's a hard pokemon to play with, no special attack ability, and no physical attacks to use ;_; Return/Body slam, Roar, and uh... I really don't know. The last Dos I used was Bslam, Roar, HP Flying/Ground, Rest, but it wasn't a great set, unless you use it at the right time ;_; Leftovers in any case.

Golem: @ Quick claw or Leftovers. Explosion is a must, since it's a signature attack, along with Quake and Rock slide. For the last move, choose from either Body slam (PAR), Counter (Quake users beware), Substitute (sub on water type switchin, explode when they break the sub). Its special attack is too weak for Fire punch to do anything.

Quagsire: A hard pokemon to use, since it doesn't have great stats, nor does it get Water absorb. I'm not a big fan of GSC hazing, they're usually pretty bad (OMG I HAZED AND THEN I GET OWNED RIGHT AWAY)... Pseudohazer wise, you could always play Donphan or Skarm or something... Either way, Sire should have Quake definately, while the other 3 moves are more or less your choice. I think Curse, Quake, Ancientpower/Bodyslam/HP rock, Rest/Surf is a good combo, but with Quaggy's spD, you'd have to use it with caution.

Victreebel: Not a great pokemon by any means. Awesome attack though, sucky survivability ;_; Razor leaf is a no brainer here, along with Powder. For the last 2, you could do either Sludge bomb with Swords dance or Synthesis?

Togetic: Horrid, horrid pokemon. It's best use is sunny side up, IMHO. But hey, my opinion :p Normal flyers, Dodrio's the best (Endure, Flail, Drill peck, filler or something similar to that?). But if you HAVE to use the egg... Well, I can't come up with anything decent, its defenses are only barely above average, HP not good enough to stall, while its attack stats are pitifully bad (Ok, special attack not so bad, but 258 isn't my idea of an attacking type, especially with no HP to fall back on like miltank), and not fast enough to outrun just about anything ._. Encore, Charm, Attract, filler? Iono...

Overall: While your team is very nicely filled with UU pokemon (Or NU for that matter, Togetic isn't used for a reason, and a damn good one at that), it's not going to really stand against a standard team. Even though I think standards are generally boring to play, it wouldn't hurt to replace some of your pokemon, like Togetic, with a better pokemon, like Snorlax for attacking, or Miltank for Heal bell, or even a nicer UU pokemon like Dodrio for the flail, heh. Team is horribly weak against a boltbeam Starmie, or just water types in general, since they like ice beam, so Victree's resistance to water is nullified.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:08 AM
PKMN Trainer RED Offline
Elite Trainer

So your dissing my pokemon!!!! There are about 10 kids who play pokemon on my street and we all had battles, I kicked butt but I got 2nd because I got hit with a critical at the very end. I made this team so they can fight any kind of element, if I could meet you I'd take you down!! I became champ 6 times on my street and I know a thing or two how to battle humans!!! So if you want to go talk about how much my pokemon won't last a bti against humans then think again!

Lv. 100 @ 601

Trainer stats
Old 06-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKMN Trainer RED
So your dissing my pokemon!!!! There are about 10 kids who play pokemon on my street and we all had battles, I kicked butt but I got 2nd because I got hit with a critical at the very end. I made this team so they can fight any kind of element, if I could meet you I'd take you down!! I became champ 6 times on my street and I know a thing or two how to battle humans!!! So if you want to go talk about how much my pokemon won't last a bti against humans then think again!
Dude. Donwload NetBattle and start having respect for Mana, OMG.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 06-02-2005, 12:50 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to IT Send a message via MSN to IT

Quote:
So your dissing my pokemon!!!! There are about 10 kids who play pokemon on my street and we all had battles, I kicked butt but I got 2nd because I got hit with a critical at the very end. I made this team so they can beat any kind of element , if I could meet you I'd take you down!! I became champ 6 times on my street and I know a thing or two how to battle humans!!! So if you want to go talk about how much my pokemon won't last a bti against humans then think again!
Just for you know, before you start yelling at random people, mana(mlugia) is one of the most talented people in battling. I can do pretty fine movesets and strategies too, but oh man, mana would still kick my butt, ingame or not.

To respond to the bolded sentence, a blissey with ice beam could wipe out most of your team.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:03 PM
PKMN Trainer RED Offline
Elite Trainer

Well I would download the netbattle but I can't since I have a iMac. And I'd still want to try to beat him, like they say, never know untill you try.

Lv. 100 @ 601

Trainer stats
Old 06-02-2005, 04:02 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Uh, thanks for the compliments guys, but I'm not THAT good. Granted though, back when I played GSC, I was at least slightly above average (I have an ego too, so there ;o), but much of that has gone poof, so I doubt I'd be able to kick anyone's butt nowadays (well, GSC excluded :o)

Red: I didn't say your team blows. I said your team is very vulnerable to a standard team used by a battler who has tasted more or less online competition. Since you have a Mac, I doubt we'd be battling, unless we use GSbot, though I'm not too sure if that's still around, heh.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Exon Auxus Offline

Quote:
Oh I beat the league, I made a dare to my self that I'd get all gym badges, beat the elite four, and meet Red in a week. I did it in 5 days woot!!! But thanks, most people say my pokemon suck but they learn their lession lol.
Well, you should raise all of your pokemon to about level 65 before challengine Ash. (Red)
Old 06-02-2005, 06:33 PM
PKMN Trainer RED Offline
Elite Trainer

Yeah well when those lvls I posted are the ones I used to fight red the first time, got him down to his charizard but then got owned lol, missed to many times for a odd reason.

Lv. 100 @ 601

Trainer stats