Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Titan's Avatar
Titan Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 376
Default Mass Effect

I wonder if there is going to be a second one? How do you think they will make it, like the storyline?
__________________

Banner made by Titan
[Banner Shop]
[VPP]
[HOF]
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-20-2008, 09:04 PM
SpaceUnicorn Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 281
Default Re: Mass Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
I wonder if there is going to be a second one? How do you think they will make it, like the storyline?
Yeah, their has to be a second one. The ending of the first shows us a pending war that approaches. So, I'm guessing their has to be one.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Seawolf's Avatar
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Illium
Posts: 10,894
Send a message via AIM to Seawolf
Default Re: Mass Effect

It's a planned trilogy.

BioWare hasn't revealed a release date for the next one, though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-20-2008, 11:41 PM
Orthar's Avatar
Orthar Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Away from Crusties.
Posts: 5,506
Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar
Default Re: Mass Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
It's a planned trilogy.

BioWare hasn't revealed a release date for the next one, though.
It's been rumored for a 2009 release, though that isn't really saying much.

It depends on if BioWare is still developing the KotOR games set for release, which I can almost say beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are.

:3
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-21-2008, 04:09 AM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,469
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: Mass Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiikari View Post
It's been rumored for a 2009 release, though that isn't really saying much.

It depends on if BioWare is still developing the KotOR games set for release, which I can almost say beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are.

:3
No, they aren't. They're planning the KotOR MMO. Which is a thousand times better. And considering how awesome I would've thought BioWare taking over KotOR again (Obsidian did okay with KotOR II but it was definitely not up to the standard the first game set), that's rather amazing.

Oh, and I too await Mass Effect 2, especially since it's probably the first sequel RPG that'll let you take the data from your old game and reuse it to bring my Shephard up to it. AWESOMENESS!!! And yes, they do intend to let you do that.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-21-2008, 04:49 AM
Titan's Avatar
Titan Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 376
Default Re: Mass Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post
No, they aren't. They're planning the KotOR MMO. Which is a thousand times better. And considering how awesome I would've thought BioWare taking over KotOR again (Obsidian did okay with KotOR II but it was definitely not up to the standard the first game set), that's rather amazing.

Oh, and I too await Mass Effect 2, especially since it's probably the first sequel RPG that'll let you take the data from your old game and reuse it to bring my Shephard up to it. AWESOMENESS!!! And yes, they do intend to let you do that.
Ya I heard about that data transfer thing. I love it. I wonder what the plot will be....

I want to see like some good character go rouge. Like I don't know...one of your old crew members.
__________________

Banner made by Titan
[Banner Shop]
[VPP]
[HOF]
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-21-2008, 05:32 AM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,850
Send a message via AIM to Hypocrisy is Fun
Default Re: Mass Effect

They'll probably do what KotOR did and bring back a Carth or two.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-21-2008, 06:12 AM
zuddy's Avatar
zuddy Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 118
Send a message via AIM to zuddy Send a message via MSN to zuddy
Default Re: Mass Effect

Quote:
They're planning the KotOR MMO. Which is a thousand times better.
Well, it is right up BioWare's alley - long, meaningless fetch quests coupled with bland battle systems and a complete lack of roleplaying possibilities.
Quote:
it's probably the first sequel RPG that'll let you take the data from your old game and reuse it to bring my Shephard up to it.
Transferring characters through games has been implemented since Wizardry in 1981.
__________________
eats glass
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Fire Away's Avatar
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,768
Default Re: Mass Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuddy View Post
Well, it is right up BioWare's alley - long, meaningless fetch quests coupled with bland battle systems and a complete lack of roleplaying possibilities.Transferring characters through games has been implemented since Wizardry in 1981.
I don't see the point in entering a thread of people who like Mass Effect and bashing BioWare. I think you're nuts -- BioWare makes awesome games.

Wasn't there a trailer for ME2 released at E3? I was out most of that week and missed the news on most gaming sites...anyone have a link?
__________________


Hi




Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-21-2008, 09:39 AM
zuddy's Avatar
zuddy Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 118
Send a message via AIM to zuddy Send a message via MSN to zuddy
Default Re: Mass Effect

Quote:
I don't see the point in entering a thread of people who like Mass Effect and bashing BioWare.
I thought the thread was about Mass Effect, not praising Mass Effect to exclusion of other viewpoints.
__________________
eats glass
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Titan's Avatar
Titan Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 376
Default Re: Mass Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuddy View Post
I thought the thread was about Mass Effect, not praising Mass Effect to exclusion of other viewpoints.
Well obviously it is supposed to be praised. Pretty much no one can say it is a bad game. It is probably the greatest RPG ever created. The story...the detail...everything shuts down all the negative comments YOU have on the game.

It should have gotten Game of The Year, COD4 was good, but ME was better.
__________________

Banner made by Titan
[Banner Shop]
[VPP]
[HOF]
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Orthar's Avatar
Orthar Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Away from Crusties.
Posts: 5,506
Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar
Default Re: Mass Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
Well obviously it is supposed to be praised. Pretty much no one can say it is a bad game. It is probably the greatest RPG ever created. The story...the detail...everything shuts down all the negative comments YOU have on the game.

It should have gotten Game of The Year, COD4 was good, but ME was better.
Best EVER? I don't think so. Not even the best on the 360, Oblivion gets my vote for that.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-22-2008, 10:55 PM
Titan's Avatar
Titan Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 376
Default Re: Mass Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiikari View Post
Best EVER? I don't think so. Not even the best on the 360, Oblivion gets my vote for that.
It was the best at the time, yes. If you take the time to realize how much work was put into the game...

Oblivion is good but Mass Effect has a storyline that is unique. Oblivion is the same as Morrowind. You see, ME had no previous game and it alone seemed like 3 games in one. There is so much to do its incredible.

If you want to join this RP anyone, heres the link:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=86061
__________________

Banner made by Titan
[Banner Shop]
[VPP]
[HOF]
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-23-2008, 02:24 AM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 1,694
Send a message via AIM to George Jefferson Send a message via MSN to George Jefferson Send a message via Yahoo to George Jefferson Send a message via Skype™ to George Jefferson
Default Re: Mass Effect

.... Obviously you have NEVER played Biowares PC RPGs, like the NWN series, or The Witcher.

ME fails in comparison to these franchises.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-23-2008, 02:52 AM
zuddy's Avatar
zuddy Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 118
Send a message via AIM to zuddy Send a message via MSN to zuddy
Default Re: Mass Effect

Quote:
Well obviously it is supposed to be praised. Pretty much no one can say it is a bad game. It is probably the greatest RPG ever created. The story...the detail...everything shuts down all the negative comments YOU have on the game.
First of all, if everyone ends up praising it to the heavens then no interesting discussion is ever sparked, just a mass validation of each others' views.

I found the story to be exceptionally mediocre, the combat ridiculous, the sidequests boring (not to mention rehash rehash rehash - you're either FedEx for someone or a mercenary), and the "sheer amount of stuff to do" is negated by the fact it's actually quite linear and has little replay value, unless you're interested in shooting your way down the path, and then teching your way down the same path, and then bioticing your way down the same path again. The roleplaying aspect doesn't affect the game at all (you can either be a goody-two-shoes or a jerk, and neither choice affects how characters react to you in the long run), which is a terrible design choice but one I understand, since a) it is BioWare and b) it was developed primarily for consoles.

Kenneth_Hardy, The Witcher is actually developed by CD Projekt and only uses a heavily modified Aurora engine from and is published by BioWare. It's a great game.

Now, if you want a game that really does have a unique story and is massive, free-roaming, nonlinear, and has great replay value, play Fallout or Gothic. If you want to get even more old school, play Darklands, Bloodnet, or Ultima VII.
__________________
eats glass
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com