Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 07-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Titan Offline
Master Trainer

Default Mass Effect

I wonder if there is going to be a second one? How do you think they will make it, like the storyline?

Banner made by Titan
[Banner Shop]
[VPP]
[HOF]
Old 07-20-2008, 09:04 PM
SpaceUnicorn Offline
Banned

Default Re: Mass Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
I wonder if there is going to be a second one? How do you think they will make it, like the storyline?
Yeah, their has to be a second one. The ending of the first shows us a pending war that approaches. So, I'm guessing their has to be one.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

It's a planned trilogy.

BioWare hasn't revealed a release date for the next one, though.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:41 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
It's a planned trilogy.

BioWare hasn't revealed a release date for the next one, though.
It's been rumored for a 2009 release, though that isn't really saying much.

It depends on if BioWare is still developing the KotOR games set for release, which I can almost say beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are.

:3
Old 07-21-2008, 04:09 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiikari View Post
It's been rumored for a 2009 release, though that isn't really saying much.

It depends on if BioWare is still developing the KotOR games set for release, which I can almost say beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are.

:3
No, they aren't. They're planning the KotOR MMO. Which is a thousand times better. And considering how awesome I would've thought BioWare taking over KotOR again (Obsidian did okay with KotOR II but it was definitely not up to the standard the first game set), that's rather amazing.

Oh, and I too await Mass Effect 2, especially since it's probably the first sequel RPG that'll let you take the data from your old game and reuse it to bring my Shephard up to it. AWESOMENESS!!! And yes, they do intend to let you do that.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:49 AM
Titan Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post
No, they aren't. They're planning the KotOR MMO. Which is a thousand times better. And considering how awesome I would've thought BioWare taking over KotOR again (Obsidian did okay with KotOR II but it was definitely not up to the standard the first game set), that's rather amazing.

Oh, and I too await Mass Effect 2, especially since it's probably the first sequel RPG that'll let you take the data from your old game and reuse it to bring my Shephard up to it. AWESOMENESS!!! And yes, they do intend to let you do that.
Ya I heard about that data transfer thing. I love it. I wonder what the plot will be....

I want to see like some good character go rouge. Like I don't know...one of your old crew members.

Banner made by Titan
[Banner Shop]
[VPP]
[HOF]
Old 07-21-2008, 05:32 AM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Hypocrisy is Fun

They'll probably do what KotOR did and bring back a Carth or two.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:12 AM
zuddy Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to zuddy Send a message via MSN to zuddy

Quote:
They're planning the KotOR MMO. Which is a thousand times better.
Well, it is right up BioWare's alley - long, meaningless fetch quests coupled with bland battle systems and a complete lack of roleplaying possibilities.
Quote:
it's probably the first sequel RPG that'll let you take the data from your old game and reuse it to bring my Shephard up to it.
Transferring characters through games has been implemented since Wizardry in 1981.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuddy View Post
Well, it is right up BioWare's alley - long, meaningless fetch quests coupled with bland battle systems and a complete lack of roleplaying possibilities.Transferring characters through games has been implemented since Wizardry in 1981.
I don't see the point in entering a thread of people who like Mass Effect and bashing BioWare. I think you're nuts -- BioWare makes awesome games.

Wasn't there a trailer for ME2 released at E3? I was out most of that week and missed the news on most gaming sites...anyone have a link?

Hi

Old 07-21-2008, 09:39 AM
zuddy Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
I don't see the point in entering a thread of people who like Mass Effect and bashing BioWare.
I thought the thread was about Mass Effect, not praising Mass Effect to exclusion of other viewpoints.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Titan Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuddy View Post
I thought the thread was about Mass Effect, not praising Mass Effect to exclusion of other viewpoints.
Well obviously it is supposed to be praised. Pretty much no one can say it is a bad game. It is probably the greatest RPG ever created. The story...the detail...everything shuts down all the negative comments YOU have on the game.

It should have gotten Game of The Year, COD4 was good, but ME was better.

Banner made by Titan
[Banner Shop]
[VPP]
[HOF]
Old 07-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
Well obviously it is supposed to be praised. Pretty much no one can say it is a bad game. It is probably the greatest RPG ever created. The story...the detail...everything shuts down all the negative comments YOU have on the game.

It should have gotten Game of The Year, COD4 was good, but ME was better.
Best EVER? I don't think so. Not even the best on the 360, Oblivion gets my vote for that.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:55 PM
Titan Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiikari View Post
Best EVER? I don't think so. Not even the best on the 360, Oblivion gets my vote for that.
It was the best at the time, yes. If you take the time to realize how much work was put into the game...

Oblivion is good but Mass Effect has a storyline that is unique. Oblivion is the same as Morrowind. You see, ME had no previous game and it alone seemed like 3 games in one. There is so much to do its incredible.

If you want to join this RP anyone, heres the link:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=86061

Banner made by Titan
[Banner Shop]
[VPP]
[HOF]
Old 07-23-2008, 02:24 AM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to George Jefferson Send a message via MSN to George Jefferson Send a message via Yahoo to George Jefferson Send a message via Skype™ to George Jefferson

.... Obviously you have NEVER played Biowares PC RPGs, like the NWN series, or The Witcher.

ME fails in comparison to these franchises.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:52 AM
zuddy Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
First of all, if everyone ends up praising it to the heavens then no interesting discussion is ever sparked, just a mass validation of each others' views.

I found the story to be exceptionally mediocre, the combat ridiculous, the sidequests boring (not to mention rehash rehash rehash - you're either FedEx for someone or a mercenary), and the "sheer amount of stuff to do" is negated by the fact it's actually quite linear and has little replay value, unless you're interested in shooting your way down the path, and then teching your way down the same path, and then bioticing your way down the same path again. The roleplaying aspect doesn't affect the game at all (you can either be a goody-two-shoes or a jerk, and neither choice affects how characters react to you in the long run), which is a terrible design choice but one I understand, since a) it is BioWare and b) it was developed primarily for consoles.

Kenneth_Hardy, The Witcher is actually developed by CD Projekt and only uses a heavily modified Aurora engine from and is published by BioWare. It's a great game.

Now, if you want a game that really does have a unique story and is massive, free-roaming, nonlinear, and has great replay value, play Fallout or Gothic. If you want to get even more old school, play Darklands, Bloodnet, or Ultima VII.