Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-18-2008, 01:43 AM
Dragon_Master's Avatar
Dragon_Master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Crushing the Rebelion!! Mwhahaha!
Posts: 1,748
Default Avatar: The Last Airbender Discussion

OK, the old one died, apparently, so I'm making a new one.
Here's where you discuss everyone's favorite kung foo, bending, kid-tatoo'd show ever.

Put oppionons, qoutes, etc...

My fav qoute so far is this from the episode "The Southern Raiders"


Zuko walks over to Sokkas tent and bumps into Sukie. Zuko asks Sukie if she needs to see Sokka first. Sukie looks emberassed, says no, and walks away. As Zuko walks in, Sokka is on the ground, hair undone, w/ a rose in mouth, and candles all around. Sokka says in a romantic voice "Hellooo...uh..." Then the rose snaps quickly and he stands up. I was laughing to hard to hear what they said at first. I was LMAO!!
__________________

\-†††-/It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool,
then to open it, and remove all doubt.\-†††-/

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-18-2008, 01:52 AM
-PK's Avatar
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Your pants!
Posts: 7,662
Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Discussion

I lol'd so hard at that part xD

Im sad that its ending in 2 days :[
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-18-2008, 02:23 AM
Hatchet Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Region.
Posts: 1,836
Send a message via MSN to Hatchet
Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Discussion

Loved that part, and indeed, it is sad. D:
-Hollow
__________________
You just lost
THE GAME
]:~VPP~:[ | ]:~URPG~:[
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-18-2008, 03:59 AM
Poring's Avatar
Poring Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,197
Send a message via AIM to Poring
Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Discussion

There aren't four seasons? I would think there would be, since there are four elements and everything. but then again, they seem to be wrapping everything up already...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-18-2008, 04:02 AM
-PK's Avatar
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Your pants!
Posts: 7,662
Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poring View Post
There aren't four seasons? I would think there would be, since there are four elements and everything. but then again, they seem to be wrapping everything up already...
Nope, sadly there isn't. They decided to cut it off after Aang learned the element that the main enemy of the show has. (sorry if that made no sense..)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-18-2008, 04:23 AM
RawrIsMyMiddleName's Avatar
RawrIsMyMiddleName Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nameless HQ?
Posts: 4,427
Send a message via AIM to RawrIsMyMiddleName
Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Discussion

Lovelovelove. <3 I heart this show.

I lol'd so hard at that part. New episodes rock. Might I add the Boiling Rock was such an awesome episode!

Who's your favorite character?

I love Mai, Sokka, and Toph! Their personalities are like no other. I also like Combustion Man lol.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-18-2008, 04:37 AM
Azurai Wolf's Avatar
Azurai Wolf Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Here
Posts: 851
Send a message via AIM to Azurai Wolf
Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Discussion

It's ending in 2 days?!
I love watching this show! D: It should have gone on for longer...
My favorite character is Toph; she's so cool. ^^
__________________
(avatar/banner/Mew by me}
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-18-2008, 04:38 AM
Professor Geoffrey's Avatar
Professor Geoffrey Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: My laboratory.
Posts: 6,512
Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Discussion

What time does Avatar come on each day (EST), by the way...? I will be there to see the finale, hopefully... If it ends the nineteenth.

My favorite characters are and always have been Zuko, Iroh, and Toph.

I hate how cruel Katara was to Zuko... I mean, she's starting to remind me of Azula. Her laugh in the episode "The Firebending Masters" was SCARY. It reminded me too much of Azula... >____>

The best episode of Avatar of ALL time is "The Beach," I believe that was what it was called. It's where Zuko, Azula, and co. have been sent on a forced vacation to Fire Island, and to everyone there except the old, scary, twin ladies, their identities were kept secret.

Who here bets that they will make the Fire Lord look weak, and he'll have Aang and company convince him to being good? Ever since I watched the episode where Aang learned Fire Lord Sozun was friends with Avatar Roku, I have always thought they were going to make the Fire Lord look weak since they don't like showing people kill people on TV, with the exception of Combustion Man.


[TheSorrowOfPE2K]
__________________
❒ SINGLE ❒ TAKEN ✔ LAPRAS RIDER
The Professor of Pokémon Elite 2000.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Dragon_Master's Avatar
Dragon_Master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Crushing the Rebelion!! Mwhahaha!
Posts: 1,748
Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffreys-Darkness View Post
What time does Avatar come on each day (EST), by the way...? I will be there to see the finale, hopefully... If it ends the nineteenth.

My favorite characters are and always have been Zuko, Iroh, and Toph.

I hate how cruel Katara was to Zuko... I mean, she's starting to remind me of Azula. Her laugh in the episode "The Firebending Masters" was SCARY. It reminded me too much of Azula... >____>

The best episode of Avatar of ALL time is "The Beach," I believe that was what it was called. It's where Zuko, Azula, and co. have been sent on a forced vacation to Fire Island, and to everyone there except the old, scary, twin ladies, their identities were kept secret.

Who here bets that they will make the Fire Lord look weak, and he'll have Aang and company convince him to being good? Ever since I watched the episode where Aang learned Fire Lord Sozun was friends with Avatar Roku, I have always thought they were going to make the Fire Lord look weak since they don't like showing people kill people on TV, with the exception of Combustion Man.


[TheSorrowOfPE2K]
IROH ROCKS!!!! And I don't think they're going to change the firelord. Remeber in that one episode, Iroh said "I 've never known my brother to regret anything..."
He didn't regret having to kill/banish his wife, scarring his only son, and banishing him, he won't regret killing the avatar either.

EDIT: BTW, when is Iroh coming back?
__________________

\-†††-/It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool,
then to open it, and remove all doubt.\-†††-/

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Hatchet Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Region.
Posts: 1,836
Send a message via MSN to Hatchet
Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Master View Post
IROH ROCKS!!!! And I don't think they're going to change the firelord. Remeber in that one episode, Iroh said "I 've never known my brother to regret anything..."
He didn't regret having to kill/banish his wife, scarring his only son, and banishing him, he won't regret killing the avatar either.

EDIT: BTW, when is Iroh coming back?
I don't think he is coming back. :x
He might in the finale or the episode tonight.
Spoiler:
----------
The commercial about the play was strange and hilarious.
Aang was played by a girl. xD

-Hollow
__________________
You just lost
THE GAME
]:~VPP~:[ | ]:~URPG~:[
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-18-2008, 09:33 PM
SaMaster14's Avatar
SaMaster14 Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Holmby Hills, Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 606
Send a message via AIM to SaMaster14
Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogeta5214 View Post
I don't think he is coming back. :x
He might in the finale or the episode tonight.
Spoiler:
----------
The commercial about the play was strange and hilarious.
Aang was played by a girl. xD

-Hollow
I just kinda got intersted in it. So I"ve seen maybe 10 episodes... not in any order. So I'm gonna wait for them to do re-runs, which they most likely will, and watch it through. Though I will probably watch the ending as it is being aired now(this week)
__________________
~SaMaster14
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Professor Geoffrey's Avatar
Professor Geoffrey Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: My laboratory.
Posts: 6,512
Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogeta5214 View Post
I don't think he is coming back. :x
He might in the finale or the episode tonight.
Spoiler:
----------
The commercial about the play was strange and hilarious.
Aang was played by a girl. xD

-Hollow

It's absolutely OBVIOUS that he's coming back.

And I just watched the Boiling Rock episodes. The first one was shocking enough, but the second one left me in awe. Tai Lee and Mai... I like those two, as well.

EDIT: Spoiler:

Uncle Iroh will re-appear in Avatar. Info from TV Guide.


[TheSorrowOfPE2K]
__________________
❒ SINGLE ❒ TAKEN ✔ LAPRAS RIDER
The Professor of Pokémon Elite 2000.

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 07-18-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Poring's Avatar
Poring Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,197
Send a message via AIM to Poring
Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogeta5214 View Post
I don't think he is coming back. :x
He might in the finale or the episode tonight.
Spoiler:
----------
The commercial about the play was strange and hilarious.
Aang was played by a girl. xD

-Hollow
It would be illogical for him not to come back. Why would they show that whole scene of him getting ripped and then escaping from the prison if they weren't planning something for later?

Also, Iroh's the best character in the series. <_<
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-19-2008, 12:43 AM
Fierce Deity's Avatar
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 2,700
Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity
Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poring View Post
It would be illogical for him not to come back. Why would they show that whole scene of him getting ripped and then escaping from the prison if they weren't planning something for later?

Also, Iroh's the best character in the series. <_<
Agreed. :( And it's coming on at 8 EST, Geoffrey.
__________________
URPG
POL Stats

WAR XI Team: .
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-19-2008, 12:52 AM
Light_Sky Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In snow
Posts: 1,493
Send a message via AIM to Light_Sky
Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Master View Post
OK, the old one died, apparently, so I'm making a new one.
Here's where you discuss everyone's favorite kung foo, bending, kid-tatoo'd show ever.

Put oppionons, qoutes, etc...

My fav qoute so far is this from the episode "The Southern Raiders"


Zuko walks over to Sokkas tent and bumps into Sukie. Zuko asks Sukie if she needs to see Sokka first. Sukie looks emberassed, says no, and walks away. As Zuko walks in, Sokka is on the ground, hair undone, w/ a rose in mouth, and candles all around. Sokka says in a romantic voice "Hellooo...uh..." Then the rose snaps quickly and he stands up. I was laughing to hard to hear what they said at first. I was LMAO!!
What do you think sukie was going to do with sokka i think you know what .
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com