Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:55 AM
Wandering Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Post your crazy Pokemon theories here! ;D

As we know, the Pokemon world is a very weird and unexplainable place. If you've ever come up with an explanation to one of those things post it here!

This came about when I noticed that pretty much every (heck, it might be all o_o) Pokemon that can learn TMs can learn Toxic. That and I have nothing to do at 2AM except watch X-Files. 8D

Why most Pokemon learn Toxic:
Okay, so all pokemon whether poison type or not, can learn a move which shoots poison from their bodies and poisons their foe. So how can every pokemon not only have some kind of poison they shoot out, but none of the pokemon are immune to the poison either! Even though they all use the move! So, I thought of it: Berries.

The berries in the game/anime seem inedible for humans, and are used to make many things that Pokemon eat. They're grown in the wild, which means that wild pokemon eat them too. I think all berries have some small amount of poison in them, which over time Pokemon have grown immune to. Since they eat mainly berries, I think the poison grows in their system. Since each Pokemon is "unique", so is the poison (due to where it grew up, what kind of berries it ate, etc.).

When the TM toxic is used on -insert pokemon here- the dormant poison in their systems becomes active and they're able to use it as an attack.

Of course this doesn't explain everything, like how water pokemon are able to use it. Pollution, maybe? XD

I wonder if anyone will be able to explain evolution by making a pokemon hold an item. :3

~Paired with the ever awesome Blaziken Knight!~
Old 07-16-2008, 07:30 AM
Sadistic Blaziken Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Post your crazy Pokemon theories here! ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Mew View Post
As we know, the Pokemon world is a very weird and unexplainable place. If you've ever come up with an explanation to one of those things post it here!

This came about when I noticed that pretty much every (heck, it might be all o_o) Pokemon that can learn TMs can learn Toxic. That and I have nothing to do at 2AM except watch X-Files. 8D

Why most Pokemon learn Toxic:
Okay, so all pokemon whether poison type or not, can learn a move which shoots poison from their bodies and poisons their foe. So how can every pokemon not only have some kind of poison they shoot out, but none of the pokemon are immune to the poison either! Even though they all use the move! So, I thought of it: Berries.

The berries in the game/anime seem inedible for humans, and are used to make many things that Pokemon eat. They're grown in the wild, which means that wild pokemon eat them too. I think all berries have some small amount of poison in them, which over time Pokemon have grown immune to. Since they eat mainly berries, I think the poison grows in their system. Since each Pokemon is "unique", so is the poison (due to where it grew up, what kind of berries it ate, etc.).

When the TM toxic is used on -insert pokemon here- the dormant poison in their systems becomes active and they're able to use it as an attack.

Of course this doesn't explain everything, like how water pokemon are able to use it. Pollution, maybe? XD

I wonder if anyone will be able to explain evolution by making a pokemon hold an item. :3
My theory of how the trading evolutions work is, quite simply, mutation. The magnetic waves coming form the trading machine mutate the Pokemon. I have a similar theory for the item trading evolutions. When the Pokemon goes through the trading machine with an item, the magnetic waves fuse the item with the Pokemon, therefore causing a series of mutations.
...This is a very good question, as I have many siblings.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:36 AM
Wandering Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadistic Blaziken View Post

My theory of how the trading evolutions work is, quite simply, mutation. The magnetic waves coming form the trading machine mutate the Pokemon. I have a similar theory for the item trading evolutions. When the Pokemon goes through the trading machine with an item, the magnetic waves fuse the item with the Pokemon, therefore causing a series of mutations.
Woah. D: What's with all the mutation and poison in the pokemon world? Are we that cruel to them, or are their genetic structure just unstable so they mutate easier? o_O (That might explain how the leaf/fire/moon stones can evolve them.)

~Paired with the ever awesome Blaziken Knight!~
Old 07-31-2008, 06:12 PM
yoshicircuit Offline
New Trainer

It's not exactly my own theory, but it's been said that MissingNo. is the master of all beginning. Yes, before Arceus. You see, how could it be that the original creator was a Pokemon, just like all the others? As we know, MissingNo. is not a real Pokemon, and it is greatly beyond the science of our world. In the beginning, the nothingness was abundant of never-ending chaos. Who is the most likely being to create chaos? With this kind of world, anything was possible.

And possible, would be to create something even greater, more powerful then yourself. Arceus. Both desired to take the world around them. MissingNo. was happy with his chaotic universe, and battled to keep it. Arceus wanted to create a world of sense around him, and he battled to create it. MissingNo. made his team- M', A, a, PokeWTrainer, pkmn, and all the others. Arceus made his team- Dialga, Palkia, Azelf, and all the others. Arceus was created most powerful, and therefor won the chaos. From there, the world was created.

But the true creators of our world may neverleave us...
Old 07-31-2008, 06:47 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

I really think Lucario wears pants. Some agree with me, and some don't. It's just what I believe based on the evidence I've seen.

1. In a lot of merchandise, there's a hole for his tail and you can see his thighs through them.

2. You can see his thighs through them at many points throughout the movie (no I was not watching for this. C'mon, I'm not that creepy.)

3. Shorts are comfy and easy to wear.

4. In this picture of him,

... you can see up them just a tiny bit where they end on his left leg.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:06 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunschkind View Post
I really think Lucario wears pants.
@Lucario:GIVE US HUMANS OUR PANTS BACK, YOU MONSTER!!!
Here's my theory on how Pokemon breed; You leave them at the Daycare, and when you're not looking, they run out to the Pokemart, buy a Pokemon egg, and run back with it, and when you come back, the egg is there. It's a very sneaky process that makes you think that Pokemon are organic when they are, in fact, mass-produced by child labor in China.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:22 PM
Wolfdog7 Offline
Experienced Trainer

what i want to know iz how do tms work, in FR/LG a disk goes and spins by the pokemons head and he automatically knows the move, whats up with that?
Old 07-31-2008, 09:08 PM
Holumanto Offline
Banned

You know how Arceus' Pokedex data says that it shaped the universe with 1,000 arms? Well I think it was just an expression saying that it had the power of a thousand Pokemon. That's just my small theory but it's what I see it as.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:13 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holumanto View Post
You know how Arceus' Pokedex data says that it shaped the universe with 1,000 arms? Well I think it was just an expression saying that it had the power of a thousand Pokemon. That's just my small theory but it's what I see it as.
It probably means something along the lines of that. I doubt 1,000 arms randomly popped out of Arceus' chest and formed the universe.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:17 PM
salamencepk Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokol DaErran View Post
@Lucario:GIVE US HUMANS OUR PANTS BACK, YOU MONSTER!!!
Here's my theory on how Pokemon breed; You leave them at the Daycare, and when you're not looking, they run out to the Pokemart, buy a Pokemon egg, and run back with it, and when you come back, the egg is there. It's a very sneaky process that makes you think that Pokemon are organic when they are, in fact, mass-produced by child labor in China.
omg, so Poke'mon r really chinese. the communist poke'mon! lol
Old 07-31-2008, 09:25 PM
PokemonFan280 Offline
Experienced Trainer

My theory is that Lucian is related to Will from the G/S/C E4. Look at them. They both wear glasses, they both use Psychic types, and they just look very similar to me.
http://www.migrantweb.org/Portals/0/...d%20hobbes.jpg

CALVIN AND HOBBES FOREVER.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:46 PM
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

My theory about Pokémon is that they live on the moon!
Old 08-01-2008, 12:34 AM
JentleViolence Offline

Send a message via AIM to JentleViolence

Quote:
Lol! I can't see my Pokemon getting it on, so that makes sense. That's why it takes more time for some Pokemon to get eggs than others-they're not that sneaky. XD

I kinda agree with the shorts thing. oO;; It does look like he's wearing shorts, but at the same time, it also looks like he's wearing a bandana.

My theory: Dunsparce is super powerful, and splash actually does have some type of purpose if you combine it with a few moves. That's just what I imagine, though.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:37 AM
camerupt Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JentleViolence View Post
Lol! I can't see my Pokemon getting it on, so that makes sense. That's why it takes more time for some Pokemon to get eggs than others-they're not that sneaky. XD

I kinda agree with the shorts thing. oO;; It does look like he's wearing shorts, but at the same time, it also looks like he's wearing a bandana.

My theory: Dunsparce is super powerful, and splash actually does have some type of purpose if you combine it with a few moves. That's just what I imagine, though.
My friend told me that splash has a 1/100 chance of KO'ing all the enemy's pokemon. I trained a magikarp to level 60-something before he told me it was a lie.
@Shorts theory: People pants don't go on pokemon! Unless it's some sort of pokemon pants.... Hmm......

Last edited by camerupt; 08-01-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:54 AM
pokemonlover103:D Offline
Experienced Trainer

i have a theory that all the starters, pikachu, and legendaries were made first, but are being released in moderation.

my theory is the creators already have enough starters, legendaries, and eeveelutions to make at least three more generations, but not enough filler pokemon.