Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:21 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: Abortion? Right or wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Mew View Post
Those mother freaking hypocrites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFiFX
But you should get the death sentence for it.
Food not included.
First of all, no one should ever get the death sentence, but that's besides the point. Second of all, you honestly think that people should be killed for doing what's best for them? As has been said before, what about women who face health risks if they have a baby? Or how about women who can't deal with the psychological, emotional, and physical torment it puts them through? I agree that if it's an issue of not being able to care for the child then it's better to find a situation where it can be as opposed to abortion, but for other women who simply don't have the choice of having the baby, then that option should be open for them, and since there's no way to properly ensure that that's the reason, we can't deny a person who needs to have an abortion the ability to have one just to keep someone who doesn't from getting one.

Oh, and Wandering Mew, C-Sections aren't actually all that bad, and a lot of women get them as an alternative to hours-days of painful labor.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:32 AM
Wandering Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post

Oh, and Wandering Mew, C-Sections aren't actually all that bad, and a lot of women get them as an alternative to hours-days of painful labor.
I know, right? I don't understand how they can think their abortion is special, and think every other woman who has one is an evil sinner who should be put to death.

Matbe it's just my fear of knives, but getting cut on your stomach and having someone stick their hands inside you and pull out your baby doesn't sound too good to me. x_x But then again, neither does pushing a 6 lb baby through a three inch tube. D: Anyway, I was just making the point that usually when you're younger, your body can't "handle" giving birth naturally, and you need a C-section.

I wonder if that five year old that had a baby needed a C-section. >_> ...*goes to check*

~Paired with the ever awesome Blaziken Knight!~
Old 07-18-2008, 05:52 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post

First of all, no one should ever get the death sentence, but that's besides the point. Second of all, you honestly think that people should be killed for doing what's best for them? As has been said before, what about women who face health risks if they have a baby? Or how about women who can't deal with the psychological, emotional, and physical torment it puts them through? I agree that if it's an issue of not being able to care for the child then it's better to find a situation where it can be as opposed to abortion, but for other women who simply don't have the choice of having the baby, then that option should be open for them, and since there's no way to properly ensure that that's the reason, we can't deny a person who needs to have an abortion the ability to have one just to keep someone who doesn't from getting one.

C-sections are known to scar the uterine lining, which can lead to infertility. In addition, women who have gone through c-sections are known to take powerful pain medication to suppress the pain of the damaged tissue.

A single rule of thumb is that cutting open a person for ANY reason is more damaging than a non-invasive method.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:12 AM
BeserkerFury Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I'm probably going to get chewed for this, but both. Right because think about people that just couldn't take care of their baby and didn't want to put it through a possibly bad life in a orphanage, which could probably cause depression. Or young girls that have got raped. Take that into consideration. Wrong because if you can take care of it, you should love your child, not UN-lovingly kill it. But people talking about death sentences for doing it, that is a little extreme in my opinion, at least the babies are in a way better place. Plus the thought of doing it should be torture beyond belief.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeserkerFury View Post
I'm probably going to get chewed for this, but both. Right because think about people that just couldn't take care of their baby and didn't want to put it through a possibly bad life in a orphanage, which could probably cause depression. Or young girls that have got raped. Take that into consideration. Wrong because if you can take care of it, you should love your child, not UN-lovingly kill it. But people talking about death sentences for doing it, that is a little extreme in my opinion, at least the babies are in a way better place. Plus the thought of doing it should be torture beyond belief.

Well, most people who are pro-life understand when a woman is raped, OR if there is an alarmingly serious condition of the baby. That is a little more understandable. BUT, a child deserves to live, for the better, or for the worse.

[TheSorrowOfPE2K]
Old 07-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffreys-Darkness View Post

Well, most people who are pro-life understand when a woman is raped, OR if there is an alarmingly serious condition of the baby. That is a little more understandable. BUT, a child deserves to live, for the better, or for the worse.

[TheSorrowOfPE2K]
So you're saying that if a child would starve by age 5 due to a teenage mother who was disowned, then it should still live?
Old 07-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Callum Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Callum

I think abortion is acceptable in many circumstances. I don't have a religious view on it. I think it is right if

- It is a mistake which would affect the lives of the parents for the worse
- When the woman is raped
- If it can't be financially supported.

I am against abortion when people get pregnant due to their own lack of care and laziness. Is it really that hard to be protected? No.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
Is it really that hard to be protected? No.
Even protected sex can still result in pregnancy, just the odds are against it.

I just don't like the it's illegal / legal EXCEPT....stuff. If you kill a baby, you kill a baby. So, if you're against killing babies, you're against killing babies. (that wasn't entirely directed at you, Callum, it was at everyone who's talking with that frame of mind.)
Old 07-19-2008, 02:14 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumao View Post
So you're saying that if a child would starve by age 5 due to a teenage mother who was disowned, then it should still live?
Well, that's because we're caring TOO MUCH about Africa. We need to start worrying about our own turf. We're sad that they have AIDs, we're sorry that they did that to themselves, and we're sorry they live there in the first place. Less people in America would be dying and starving IF we worried more about the people in America. Abortion's wrong, sick-minded, and cruel. I have no religious opinion against it, despite the fact I'm Christian. But it is, indeed wrong, and must involve at least a few laws restraining it.

Plus, it doesn't always work out like that. Destiny's different to everyone, and we all know this.

[TheSorrowOfPE2K]
Old 07-19-2008, 02:54 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Plus, it doesn't always work out like that. Destiny's different to everyone, and we all know this.
GD, would you quit talking like everyone believes in destiny? I agree with that statement, but not everyone is going to. Also, what does Africa have to do with anything? First of all, yes, we do need to worry about our own country, but the people in Africa are humans too, and our countrymen aren't the only people who we need to be taking care of. Second of all, it doesn't have anything to do with it, anything at all. There are still going to be situations where women need abortions. Women are still going to have health concerns with pregnancies, there are still going to be women getting raped, there are still going to be people who can't support their children and, for some reason or another, can't get them put up for adoption. Abortion is necessary. If you get a woman pregnant and don't want her to get an abortion, you feel free to make that clear, though she can feel free to do it anyway. That's exactly what I intend to do in that situation. I don't like the idea of abortions either but I also don't like the idea of something that can save a woman's life not being available to her.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:07 AM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Well, that's because we're caring TOO MUCH about Africa. We need to start worrying about our own turf. We're sad that they have AIDs, we're sorry that they did that to themselves, and we're sorry they live there in the first place. Less people in America would be dying and starving IF we worried more about the people in America. Abortion's wrong, sick-minded, and cruel. I have no religious opinion against it, despite the fact I'm Christian. But it is, indeed wrong, and must involve at least a few laws restraining it.

[TheSorrowOfPE2K]
Where the hell did Africa come into this? If a baby starves to death because her teenage mother can't support her, that's nothing to do with Africa. Sure, we're doing fundraisers to get money over there, but I'd say we're spending a heck of a lot of money in Iraq. So, why not say "Children starve because of Iraq." It's a matter of a teenager starting a life when she has absolutely no financial support.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:23 AM
Callum Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Even protected sex can still result in pregnancy, just the odds are against it.

I just don't like the it's illegal / legal EXCEPT....stuff. If you kill a baby, you kill a baby. So, if you're against killing babies, you're against killing babies. (that wasn't entirely directed at you, Callum, it was at everyone who's talking with that frame of mind.)
Yeah but if you abort a foetus early, it isn't a baby. It's just a bunch of duplicating cells with the potential to form a baby. I guess later on at 24 weeks it is a baby, but it still lacks many features of a baby outside the womb.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:01 AM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Exactly! So why shouldn't any woman have the option of aborting a baby?

Even aside from the fact that it's still a group of cells, I think it's still completely the woman's choice, not the government. I don't think they should try to make laws saying "well, you can abort. you can't abort. you can, but you can't." and so on.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:24 AM
Callum Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Exactly! So why shouldn't any woman have the option of aborting a baby?

Even aside from the fact that it's still a group of cells, I think it's still completely the woman's choice, not the government. I don't think they should try to make laws saying "well, you can abort. you can't abort. you can, but you can't." and so on.
I completely agree. It is a woman's personal choice. You can even just take pills these days which abort a foetus. All this rubbish about destiny makes me LOL.

And whoever said about the death sentence, that's a load of rubbish. How about if you got a girl pregnant at a young age by complete accident? What would you do? Let's be blunt, it would ruin your life.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:44 AM
Uomo Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Uomo

At Geoffry, I don't think that an abortion is necessarily considered "murder" by the standards that we have today in America. :P It's a lot better than the mother doing other things to kill the fetus and ending up killing themselves. All of these people who are saying that it's all the mother's fault: what about the father?

Abortions usually happen to young women who aren't married yet. If the baby was born, the mother might not have enough child support to have the child live, anyway.