Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17
Default Re: Abortion? Right or wrong?

In my opinion, it depends on the situation they are in.

One : Too many kids

Two : Too young to take care of a kid

Three : WTF? I'm pregnant!

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 07-14-2008, 09:36 PM
faceplant527 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to faceplant527 Send a message via Yahoo to faceplant527

its alive and should be born. abortion is wrong.

| Links | RIP Ryan |

マンチェスターユナイテッド

Old 07-15-2008, 04:10 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post
Now hold on there. I agree with you that until the fetus properly develops, it's nothing more than a bunch of cells, with a startlingly easy to make comparison to a parasite, but animals are capable of feeling pain. People don't like PETA for the same reason they don't like the RadFems, they're too radical in their beliefs.

QFT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uomo View Post
Abortion saves lives from being miserable, not the other way around. The mother probably was bored some night with her boyfriend and the "safe sex boundary" (Hint, hint) broke or she decided that she actually didn't want to take on the responsibility. It's just an accident or change of mind. It saves the mother's life of stress of an unwanted child and the kid from maybe being hated by the parent who's trying to get her life back together. It's all the mother's decision, anyway. They should have all the say, not the government. :P

Unless the abortion clinique was like the one in Juno (lawl...), go get an abortion if you need one. It's not like the fetus cares, they would understand how much stress the mother would go through. Pro-choice, all the way. :]
JUST an accident? It's fate. The only accidents in life are caused by horseshoes and hand-grenades.

It's their fault if the girl ends up pregnant. They knew there was a chance of it happening. Very small chance if safe-sex instruments were used, this is true, but a chance nonetheless. It's murder, it's wrong, and SHOULDN'T be legal.

-audience cheers-

[TheSorrowOfPE2K]
Old 07-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffreys-Darkness View Post
JUST an accident? It's fate. The only accidents in life are caused by horseshoes and hand-grenades.

It's their fault if the girl ends up pregnant. They knew there was a chance of it happening. Very small chance if safe-sex instruments were used, this is true, but a chance nonetheless. It's murder, it's wrong, and SHOULDN'T be legal.

-audience cheers-

[TheSorrowOfPE2K]
You keep bring religious and philosophical views in here. You can't argue about fate, since fate isn't proven and isn't a fact.

The only way that somebody could not get pregnant is if they're completely abstinent or gay. It's not murder, it's not wrong, and you have absolutely no right to say that it's illegal.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumao View Post
You keep bring religious and philosophical views in here. You can't argue about fate, since fate isn't proven and isn't a fact.

The only way that somebody could not get pregnant is if they're completely abstinent or gay. It's not murder, it's not wrong, and you have absolutely no right to say that it's illegal.
Doesn't seem very religious to me, only philisophical, and unlike religion I personally like seeing philisophical arguments in debates, because they aren't completely tainted by bias that's been sewn in after oh so many years.

In any case, I'd just be restating my opinion on this one over and over again, so I'm just going to leave now. You all know my opinion, if not look a few pages back, it's worth reading. It's got some good insight to it.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:15 PM
ReclusiveDemon Offline

Send a message via AIM to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via MSN to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via Skype™ to ReclusiveDemon

I see absolutely nothing wrong with abortion.

As I see it, if an accident should occur where a woman gets pregnant during sex (even with the use of birth control and/or a condom) and isn't prepared to have a child, she has every right to abort it. If she's raped and can't stand the thought of having to remember that horror she had to endure every day by seeing the child, she has every right to abort it. Any other conceivable situation I see as a fine time to abort.

Having a view like mine is pretty hilarious in a way, considering I live in the Bible Belt of America. :P

Quote:

You're about as bright as a burned out light bulb in a bucket of black paint.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Sigma_ Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sigma_

Not being born is one of the best things that can happen to you. You don't have to worry about school, your career, etc. And if you believe in heaven, all those fetuses get to go to heaven sin-free.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Quote:

It's murder, it's wrong, and SHOULDN'T be legal.
If it becomes illegal, women will just get them through more dangerous means and there will be a rise in unnecessary deaths...
Old 07-16-2008, 07:01 AM
Wandering Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma_ View Post
Not being born is one of the best things that can happen to you. You don't have to worry about school, your career, etc. And if you believe in heaven, all those fetuses get to go to heaven sin-free.
XD So true. Well, except for the last part. I've actually met some people on the internet who believe dead fetuses and babies will go to hell because "we're all born with the original sin from Adam and Eve." o_O

Ooh, I got a question! :D How do you pro-life guys feel about miscarriages? That's basically God giving a woman an abortion.

~Paired with the ever awesome Blaziken Knight!~
Old 07-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post
Doesn't seem very religious to me, only philisophical, and unlike religion I personally like seeing philisophical arguments in debates, because they aren't completely tainted by bias that's been sewn in after oh so many years.

In any case, I'd just be restating my opinion on this one over and over again, so I'm just going to leave now. You all know my opinion, if not look a few pages back, it's worth reading. It's got some good insight to it.
You can't argue about perception of religion in one's argument. She perceives this way, and that is valid. As well, fate is untestable and IS clear that it should not be in a debate. Philosophy is usually fine, however.

And my opinion is the same as that of Megs there. If you make it illegal, they'll just go elsewhere, which is more dangerous.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
Again, I'll just say that outlawing abortion will not make them go away. The difference will be that instead of abortions taking place in a clinic, where it is clean and safe, it'll be done in illegal abortion shacks, with coat hangers, endangering the mother as well.
*is ignored* :[

Well, I (obviously) agree with Meg and Kenny. Making drugs illegal hasn't made them go away, and it definitely won't make abortion go away. As it is, keeping it legal will probably save many lives. I don't think either side disagrees that's a good thing.

Hi

Old 07-16-2008, 09:36 PM
c-wooper Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to c-wooper

Quote:

When the Democrats mess up, the press never OR BARELY mentions it. However, when the REPUBLICANS mess up, it's FRONT PAGE NEWS.

<TheSorrowOfPE2K>
i freaking agree with that.
i think abortion is wrong but i dont like talking about that crap.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:38 PM
WifiFX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to WifiFX

What I believe is that, if you cant handle a child, put it in foster care, if you cant afford a child, put it in foster care, if you dont want a child, put it in foster care.

If you accidentally have a child, put it in foster care.

If you cannot do that, fine, kill the baby.

But you should get the death sentence for it.
Food not included.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Wandering Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifiFX View Post
What I believe is that, if you cant handle a child, put it in foster care, if you cant afford a child, put it in foster care, if you dont want a child, put it in foster care.

Food not included.
[rant] Why is it everyone's perception of adoption seems to come from old movies? >_> You can't just put a baby in a basket and drop it off at in an orphanage and say "problem solved". There's a lot of money, paperwork, and emotional breakdowns involved.

Oh, and I'd like to see you get raped, spend 9 months of emotional hormone surging, being reminded every day of the rape when looking at your stomach, possibly getting a C-section because you're body isn't "ready" to give birth, then have the baby torn away from you. Do you really want to go through all that?

Or even better, what if you wanted to be pregnant, but then you found out if you gave birth, both you and the baby would die? Would you still not have an abortion?

THERE. IS. NO. WAY. TO. SIMPLIFY. ABORTION.

There are many reasons to get an abortion, and many of them are to prevent the suffering of both the unborn child and the mother.

PS: Pro-life people have abortions too. [/rant]

~Paired with the ever awesome Blaziken Knight!~
Old 07-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifiFX View Post

Food not included.
"Put it in foster care" is a simplified argument. You seem to be forgetting the nine months in which the the embryo grows and develops in the woman's uterus, causing physical, emotional and financial strain. A baby doesn't just appear as soon as an egg is fertilized.

Yeah though, I'm sure all those 13 year-old girls who were raped and had an abortion really appareciate your last little comment.

Hi