Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 07-13-2008, 05:41 PM
earth_type_rule Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: Abortion? Right or wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfrost View Post
Oh, sorry. Did I say that three times? Maybe the problem in all this is that no one understands that birth control is fallible. "Just use a condom, just put the baby up for adoption, just deal with rape, just get an abortion, just raise the child yourself." It's not that simple--you guys should probably think before you use the above statements (which are extremely offensive, by the way, especially if your reasoning isn't given or doesn't make any sense). Abortion is a complicated issue--it's not a logic proof. Thanks, though.
Hah! And who do you think you seem to be. Indeed, condoms can break, but they stay intact most of the time. The chance of it breaking is quite low. Although, high chance of breaking if you put on a too small size =p

And yes, everything can be resloved with logic. You prolly have a huge lack on logic yourself.

All ideas are fine and dandy, but it's the one who's pregnant who will deside if it'll die or not. It's not a simple choice, but the choice will be made. There is no such thing as right and wrong. Follow your own choice, which will always be right, even though people will find it wrong. Just ignore them, they are fools. Right, Silverfrost?
Old 07-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by earth_type_rule View Post
There is no such thing as right and wrong.
Uh, no. There is such a thing as right and wrong. Do you think it's okay to murder someone if the murderer doesn't think it's wrong? No. The question here is whether it is right or wrong, and ironically enough, that's exactly what you said. It's the woman's choice of whether or not it's wrong in this case, hence I support a woman's right to choose.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post
No. You can't.
It's not sexist. It's REASONABLE. I don't think barren women should get a say in abortion either, kthx.

If you never have to deal with the risk of pregnancy- the associated health risks, risk of parents disowning you, etc etc- then you don't get a say in what can be done about it. It's not your body that's being affected by this, so you should not get a say.
Well, while I agree men have almost no understanding of the woman's internal body and the things that come with pregnancy, I don't think they should completely lose their say. I just thing reasons like, "It's her fault. She's the one sleeping around. Pregnancy smegnancy, just put it up for adoption." Should be shot. In the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post
Uh, no. There is such a thing as right and wrong. Do you think it's okay to murder someone if the murderer doesn't think it's wrong? No. The question here is whether it is right or wrong, and ironically enough, that's exactly what you said. It's the woman's choice of whether or not it's wrong in this case, hence I support a woman's right to choose.
Right and wrong are opinions, opinions are not facts. So no, there is not a definite right or wrong. A murderer killing somebody being wrong is just something that most people agree is wrong. If somebody comes up to you with a gun and tries to kill you, then you kill them, are you wrong? Probably not. Moral values are opinions.

To any man that says a girl that gets pregnant should take the blame and the child needs to stfu. I'm sure all of you have done stupid things before and avoided consequences, or wished you did. Sure, there wasn't a "life" involved, but get one thing straight: A. Zygote. Or. Young. Fetus. Is. Not. A. Life. It is a group of cells. It has no developed brain, no thoughts.

If you become pregnant, none of the choices are easy. Adoption? As silverfrost said, it's a complicated process. Give birth? Painful, you have to go through the stress of pregnancy and birth, they might not have a father. And, even abortion is a painful process, physically and emotionally. It can damage the cervix, it's a painful process to begin with, it can leave you traumatized. None of the options when you're impregnated are easy: but they should all be options. No man, or even woman, has the right to take that choice away from a pregnant female.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:33 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumao View Post
To any man that says a girl that gets pregnant should take the blame and the child needs to stfu. I'm sure all of you have done stupid things before and avoided consequences, or wished you did.
I'm not shutting up. The girl isn't the ONLY ONE to blame; it's equally the fault of the partner, but the girl should get the child, give it to the partner, or put it up for adoption. They deserve to live.

And it's a human thought to wish it. Although, 99.9% of the time, I can't reverse the things I do. I try to be optimistic and think "no regrets; what's done is done," and go on with life. But the only time you deserve to think about the past is if you have killed someone for no reason.

You know, I always think that it's sad that people are starving in Africa and other third-world countries, but why can't we think about out own people, first? >_>

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 07-14-2008 at 02:35 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:25 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffreys-Darkness View Post
And it's a human thought to wish it. Although, 99.9% of the time, I can't reverse the things I do. I try to be optimistic and think "no regrets; what's done is done," and go on with life. But the only time you deserve to think about the past is if you have killed someone for no reason.
Actually, it's 100% of the time that you can't reverse the things you do, unless you invented a time machine that only works .01% of the time. You can only apologize, or fix the situation, but if you did something, you did it.

Quote:
Right and wrong are opinions, opinions are not facts. So no, there is not a definite right or wrong. A murderer killing somebody being wrong is just something that most people agree is wrong. If somebody comes up to you with a gun and tries to kill you, then you kill them, are you wrong? Probably not. Moral values are opinions.
When I say murder, I mean killing in cold blood. The situation you described was killing in self defense. But you make a good point, in some situations, like, say, with abortion, it's a matter of opinion. But again, killing without a good reason is wrong.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:31 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Quote:
I'm not shutting up. The girl isn't the ONLY ONE to blame; it's equally the fault of the partner, but the girl should get the child, give it to the partner, or put it up for adoption. They deserve to live.

You know, I always think that it's sad that people are starving in Africa and other third-world countries, but why can't we think about out own people, first? >_>
The partner doesn't have to carry a child for 9 months, risk dying or other problems from birth, etc. So no, he or she doesn't really get a say. It's not his body.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:32 AM
Angela Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Angela

Abortion this >>>>>

Gucci, Fendi, Prada purses, purchasing them finer things
Avatar by Tombi <3 Banner by Angela

Old 07-14-2008, 03:34 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirl View Post
Abortion this >>>>>
... someone infract her please. And what FFK said.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:41 AM
Angela Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Abortion this >>>>>
Quote:
... someone infract her please. And what FFK said.
Yes I agree the Male has no saying in this what so ever and if he does not like it then he can go somewhere else,

Old 07-14-2008, 03:44 AM
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline

Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish

I'm pro-choice. Fetuses have no soul; let them die if the mother wishes.
IT'S HER BABY SHE DOES WHAT SHE WANTS
Old 07-14-2008, 03:45 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Yes I agree the Male has no saying in this what so ever and if he does not like it then he can go somewhere else,
Would you please quit it with the plugging of your school? Seriously, you're going to get yourself banned.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:00 AM
DragoniteMistress Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to DragoniteMistress Send a message via Yahoo to DragoniteMistress

Quote:

The fetus should not deserve to live if it is undesired by the parents' wishes.
"I made you, I can break you"
is an excellent concept to be made in this discussion.

The fetus is still far too undeveloped to even have any remote fragment of an idea as to what the hell life is even like. Therefore, it is not intellectually apt enough to be granted such wishes.

This is the exact same train of thought as PETA. Applying human characteristics and rights to animals, and other such undeveloped beings. In case you haven't noticed, not many people care too much for PETA.

Also, when a women undergoes her menstrual cycle, it is the discarding of unfertilized eggs. Is that not also murder, to simply toss out what could potentially be a human being as if it were mere trash?
That would be because it is mere trash. It is unfertilized, undeveloped. Much as a fetus is, ignoring the unfertilized portion.

Fetuses do not have the mental qualities of a human, therefore, they should not be treated as such.

I feel as if I'm repeating everything I've already said on the first page. Seeing as said post(s) were overlooked, then, tough bull, it's not my fault it was ignored.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:03 AM
Angela Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Abortion this >>>>>
Quote:
Would you please quit it with the plugging of your school? Seriously, you're going to get yourself banned.
I have been banned 4 times don't you think that I would know something like that by now.

To be on topic, I think that anyone should be able to get an abortion if they wanted to

Old 07-14-2008, 04:15 AM
Uomo Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Uomo

Abortion saves lives from being miserable, not the other way around. The mother probably was bored some night with her boyfriend and the "safe sex boundary" (Hint, hint) broke or she decided that she actually didn't want to take on the responsibility. It's just an accident or change of mind. It saves the mother's life of stress of an unwanted child and the kid from maybe being hated by the parent who's trying to get her life back together. It's all the mother's decision, anyway. They should have all the say, not the government. :P

Unless the abortion clinique was like the one in Juno (lawl...), go get an abortion if you need one. It's not like the fetus cares, they would understand how much stress the mother would go through. Pro-choice, all the way. :]
Old 07-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoniteMistress View Post
This is the exact same train of thought as PETA. Applying human characteristics and rights to animals, and other such undeveloped beings. In case you haven't noticed, not many people care too much for PETA.
Now hold on there. I agree with you that until the fetus properly develops, it's nothing more than a bunch of cells, with a startlingly easy to make comparison to a parasite, but animals are capable of feeling pain. People don't like PETA for the same reason they don't like the RadFems, they're too radical in their beliefs.