Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:50 PM
Alana Marie Offline

Default Re: The Ethics of Abortion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
A lot of stress on woman to go through all the stages of pregnancy, and just throw it an orphanage.

Oh, and you could also have the next Hitler. While that would be unlikely, so would someone who would have a huge impact on humanity.
:/ Okay, so. Yes, Pregnancy is very stressing.

But, it is also a very beautiful, and wonderful expirence for the mother, even if the baby was not wanted/ came from rape. The mother usually finds it both stressing and beautiful. :/

I am all for letting the choice be yours. But I would chose not too. I would grow to attached to the little bugger.

EDIT:
:/ Hitler? Really, okay, let us kill all the babies incase they might be hitler o.o and lets only keep the one's that look like little angels and one's that look as if they could never do any harm :| You never know. and it is not your fualt for bringing the child into the world. It's their fualt for going physco crazy.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

I'm just saying that saying a child could benefit the world is also quite reversible.

And obviously killing all babies would be a bad idea, and I would never blame the mother of a psycho child for what the child does.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:29 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Why oh why did I leave this forum for a couple months? Best arguers on the net.

I'll probably reenter this debate after this post and say my simple pro-choice point, I don't consider a fetus to be any more of a human than sperm.

And Lord Lucario is Wunchy? I've missed a lot!
Old 02-20-2009, 05:02 AM
spid3r Offline
Banned

Don't know if this has been brought up before, but I'm going to post it. This is why we need abortions.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:04 AM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid3r View Post
Don't know if this has been brought up before, but I'm going to post it. This is why we need abortions.
You should probably explain the full story there, spid3r... Just a quick heads-up.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:09 AM
spid3r Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
You should probably explain the full story there, spid3r... Just a quick heads-up.
Ah. A 13 year old kid becomes a father. They insisted on keeping the kid, because "I thought it would be good to have a baby." Such a great answer. Should of been a forced abortion imo.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:14 AM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Quote:
Ah. A 13 year old kid becomes a father. They insisted on keeping the kid, because "I thought it would be good to have a baby." Such a great answer. Should of been a forced abortion imo.
Yeah, well that's definitely an exceptional case, but it just goes to show that there are many more reasons to accept abortion than just rape cases, etc. In this case, the parents clearly didn't have the capacity to give their kid a decent home (since they were kids themselves). Go figure.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:18 AM
Dragoness Offline

Quote:
Eh...I don't think an abortion should ever be forced, no matter the woman's age. It seems like a very bad idea to force someone to go through an abortion, no matter how bad a mistake you think it is to not have one.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:21 AM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoness View Post
Eh...I don't think an abortion should ever be forced, no matter the woman's age. It seems like a very bad idea to force someone to go through an abortion, no matter how bad a mistake you think it is to not have one.
Have to agree with you on that one- if the mother truly wanted to go through the pregnancy, then she had her rights, but there was no way the baby should have been left in such a family unit. I'm not sure 100% what happened (perhaps spid3r could provide a link to the story) but since the baby wasn't aborted, it would have needed to be put up for adoption or foster care, urgently.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:25 AM
Frostbitten Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Frostbitten Send a message via MSN to Frostbitten

Quote:

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a...80_732314a.jpg
I heard about him.
But I don't think we need abortions.
12 year olds like little "baby faced" Alfie here shouldn't even know what sex is.
(I know he is 13 but he was 12 when the child was conceived)

Plus there is always adoption.
The teen/person raped/ect. might not want the child
but someone out there who doesn't have the ability to produce children will

|Coron Graphix Warehouse|FrostxiSugar|

Last edited by Frostbitten; 02-20-2009 at 05:33 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:29 AM
spid3r Offline
Banned

Quote:
Have to agree with you on that one- if the mother truly wanted to go through the pregnancy, then she had her rights, but there was no way the baby should have been left in such a family unit. I'm not sure 100% what happened (perhaps spid3r could provide a link to the story) but since the baby wasn't aborted, it would have needed to be put up for adoption or foster care, urgently.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2233878.ece
Old 02-20-2009, 05:30 AM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post

I heard about him.
But I don't think we need abortions.
12 year olds like him shouldn't even know what sex is.
(I know he is 13 but he was 12 when the child was conceived)
Please don't quote images.

It's true that 12 year olds shouldn't know about any of that stuff, much less be conceiving children, but it's not true that we don't need at least the option of an abortion in such cases. The child, as I've said, is not going to be brought into a stable home environment. This leaves 2 choices:

1) An early abortion, saving a lot of stress all round for parents and potential child (which, by this time, is not able to subjectively feel in any case)
2) Intervention from social services leading to foster care/adoption

Obviously, number 2 is still going to cause stress for the infant, even if it does come later on in life... And perhaps even more for the parents, who have to go through pregnancy and birth only to have their kid taken away.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:39 AM
Frostbitten Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
2) Intervention from social services leading to foster care/adoption

Obviously, number 2 is still going to cause stress for the infant, even if it does come later on in life... And perhaps even more for the parents, who have to go through pregnancy and birth only to have their kid taken away.

-Sorry about the image thing I though I erased the tags.

Yes I can see why the adoption might be hard for the mother/father.
But then they would grow attached with it and would want to keep it.
Well then comes the fact that some can't keep it.
Well certainly not in all cases but in a lot I know families/charities will help provide for the child.
I know that is what Alfie's parents are doing.
But then comes the fact that some people don't have family that are will to support them. Well then they are stuck and are forced to make a painful decision to wither to keep the child or put it up for foster care/adoption.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:48 AM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
-Sorry about the image thing I though I erased the tags.

Yes I can see why the adoption might be hard for the mother/father.
But then they would grow attached with it and would want to keep it.
Well then comes the fact that some can't keep it.
Well certainly not in all cases but in a lot I know families/charities will help provide for the child.
I know that is what Alfie's parents are doing.
But then comes the fact that some people don't have family that are will to support them. Well then they are stuck and are forced to make a painful decision to wither to keep the child or put it up for foster care/adoption.
Family care or not, a 13-year old can't be a dad. It's ridiculous to even think it. When it comes down to it, he's the father figure in this family unit and he's completely unprepared and unfit for the job.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:51 AM
Frostbitten Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Family care or not, a 13-year old can't be a dad. It's ridiculous to even think it. When it comes down to it, he's the father figure in this family unit and he's completely unprepared and unfit for the job.
I completely agree with you on that no matter what he says
“I didn’t know what it would be like to be a dad. I will be good, though, and care for it.”- Alfie
No 13 year old will be able to protect and provide for a new born human being.