Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #241  
Old 02-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Alana Marie's Avatar
Alana Marie Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,431
Default Re: The Ethics of Abortion

Really, I could never get a abortion, ever. Never in a million years.

Say, if I got pregnant now. I know it would be bad for my future and my life. And I would consider abortion, but I just couldnt if I had the actual little bugger inside of me. I really couldn't :/

Not to mention I probably would not do adoption either, my mistake, I would deal with it (and better get help from the effin father).


I don't beleive in abortion. Use Adoption agencey's and what-not, but I think every life is special.

HECK! You could have the next F.D.R in your belly, spawned from a accident after prom, and kill it off before they have a chance to do the world good.

Yea. I like babies too.
__________________
Wat.
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 02-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Ranma's Avatar
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 3,196
Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma
Default Re: The Ethics of Abortion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana Marie View Post
Really, I could never get a abortion, ever. Never in a million years.

Say, if I got pregnant now. I know it would be bad for my future and my life. And I would consider abortion, but I just couldnt if I had the actual little bugger inside of me. I really couldn't :/

Not to mention I probably would not do adoption either, my mistake, I would deal with it (and better get help from the effin father).


I don't beleive in abortion. Use Adoption agencey's and what-not, but I think every life is special.

HECK! You could have the next F.D.R in your belly, spawned from a accident after prom, and kill it off before they have a chance to do the world good.

Yea. I like babies too.
A lot of stress on woman to go through all the stages of pregnancy, and just throw it an orphanage.

Oh, and you could also have the next Hitler. While that would be unlikely, so would someone who would have a huge impact on humanity.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 02-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Finch's Avatar
Finch Offline
Inazuma
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 5,201
Send a message via Skype™ to Finch
Default Re: The Ethics of Abortion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
A lot of stress on woman to go through all the stages of pregnancy, and just throw it an orphanage.

Oh, and you could also have the next Hitler. While that would be unlikely, so would someone who would have a huge impact on humanity.
Don't really want to state the obvious (or appear like I'm arguing both sides, for that matter) but you should probably lay of telling women how stressful something is for women... if you're a guy... lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 02-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Ranma's Avatar
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 3,196
Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma
Default Re: The Ethics of Abortion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
Don't really want to state the obvious (or appear like I'm arguing both sides, for that matter) but you should probably lay of telling women how stressful something is for women... if you're a guy... lol
Well it's something I've seen women in this thread say before, I'm simply restating it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 02-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Phantom Kat's Avatar
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my strretchy pants
Posts: 5,018
Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat
Default Re: The Ethics of Abortion

IMO, abortion is a touchy subject, since one's belief is heavily influenced by one's ethics (Those ethics can also be applied to questions like, "Should a blood-saving transfusion not be used on a child if the mother says no due to her religious beliefs?").

I'm pro-choice on the whole abortion thing. If a woman is irresponsible, has sex, and gets pregnant, I don't see why she isn't allowed to have an abortion. Humans make mistakes, we're not perfect. I myself don't see it as murder, but then again, that's my belief.

^ My opinion, not trying to debate. ^^; I can see both sides of the argument, since my best friend is pro-life. Once again, I think these kind of subjects are based off a person's ethics (which means not everybody will agree with everybody since all people have a different view of what they consider is right and wrong).

*leaves two cents*

- Kat
__________________

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 02-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Azumao's Avatar
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,901
Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao
Default Re: The Ethics of Abortion

I love talking about abortion. Don't ask me why. OKAY HERE WE GO...

I am pro choice. Yeah, I think if a woman gets herself pregnant multiple times because of deliberate unsafe sex, she's kinda dumb. Or irresponsible. But getting an abortion should be okay. If you believe getting an abortion is killing, then most people are murderers. Every month a woman loses and egg. That egg could potentially be a child. MURDER. Whenever a male masturbates, he releases tons of sperm. Those sperm could have been children. MURDER. That's how I see it when someone calls that bundle of cells that exists during early pregnancy a child.

I believe that if you know you need an abortion, you'll figure it out in the first trimester. Whether it's a mistake, rape, or you are just physically / emotionally unable to have a baby. So I'm all for first trimester abortion. Barack Obama is cool. Kay I'm done.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 02-18-2009, 11:46 PM
Elrond's Avatar
Elrond Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere in the USA
Posts: 2,465
Send a message via AIM to Elrond
Default Re: The Ethics of Abortion

Quote:
Hi Captain. :)
I just want to make myself clear on something.

You seem to have said, if a woman has sex, gets pregnant, she should deal with it. Forget the morals, life and junk for a moment and stop harping about it. Lets talk along the wavelength of the following frequency: -Idiot-woman-her-fault-she-is-pregnant-so-let-her-deal-with-it Hertz or Megahertz.

Now along those same lines, if a person gets AIDS while having sex with a woman. Lets say she becomes pregnant, he gets AIDS. So you're saying along the lines of people who should be punished for mistakes, the woman should not get an abortion, the man should not get treatment.

And again, I repeat: Forget about morality for a moment. Answer in the following frequency I asked. -Punishment-For-Mistakes- Hertz.
You can't take morality out of the issue. That pretty much sums up the opposition. And I've been talking on the same frequency the entire time. I did not say the woman should not get help, nor did I say the man with AIDS should not get treatment. A woman should not get an abortion, because she made that choice, and that particular 'fix' destroys a human life. And if you are going to make another post about me bringing morality into the debate again, I say to you, DUH! If I didn't believe that an abortion was morally wrong, I would never have posted here. My answer was and has been exactly what you've asked for every time.

Now, let me make an honest attempt to take morality out of the issue, or at least put my answer in terms that perhaps you'll understand. You want me to address the "Punishment for Mistakes" frequency, yes? Let's consider the man with AIDS first. He can seek medication for his condition, but there is no true cure for AIDS. He can either choose to take the medication and forestall the condition, or just let it run its naturally course and die when it kills him, assuming that is the cause of death, of course. In the case of the man, the better option is most likely to take the medication and hopefully live as long as he can. But unless he is killed in some other fashion, say by a fatal injury or murder, he will have no choice but to deal with the effects of AIDS at some point or another.

However, I don't believe that's really what you're asking for, is it? I think your hypothetical case would be better suited in the case that there was a true cure, yes? In that case, what you're really asking is whether I believe the man should be fully cured and given a second chance, or left to die as punishment for a bad decision.

Now, before I answer that, let me go to the abortion issue. Say a woman gets pregnant. Let's also say that having the baby will have no abnormal effects on her body; in other words, carrying the pregnancy to term won't result in her death or a serious injury. Now, this woman is unmarried, and does not feel she is ready to have the baby. (Am I on the right wavelength so far?) What are the woman's options. First, there is the obvious one that we're discussing at length: She can have an abortion and never have to deal with the child. But, she could also seek monetary and material aid from an organization such as Birthright, or counseling, or adoption (I'm sure there are other ways of helping the woman other than these, but they are the first things that came to mind). Now, because of the wavelength you want me to operate on, let's say that seeking these things will allow the woman to feel completely comfortable with having her child and allow her to lead a fairly normal life.

So, let's review the options of each:

The man could:
1) As punishment for his mistakes, not receive medication, and die, or
2) Be given a second chance in the form of a perfect cure.

The woman could:
1) As punishment for her mistakes, carry the pregnancy to term with no aid whatsoever and suffer for the rest of her life, or
2) Have an abortion, rid herself of the child, and go back to living her life, or
3) Seek aid that will allow her to live happily and contented with the child.

Obviously these options are never black and white for the woman, and I understand that.

Now, what I think you want me to say is that I believe that both people should be confined to the first options, as punishment for their mistakes. But this is entirely false. You see, I have never operated on the punishment-for-mistakes frequency in the way that you are portraying it. The only place in which that would apply is in the case of the woman's second option, and it is the reason why morality cannot be suspended. The woman does have three distinct options in this hypothetical case: I find that the first is not proper because it does not give the woman a second chance, and I find the second immoral because it destroys a human life. However, were the third option available in any shape or form, I would always have chosen it as the best possible outcome, because it does give the woman a second chance and does not destroy human life.

In short, the example of the man with AIDS is irrelevant to the discussion. Why? Because I have never operated on that particular frequency in the way that you would like me to. You say that I believe in punishment for mistakes; I would say that I don't believe the woman gets to take her problems out on her child. That's more like punishing the baby for her mother's mistakes. Neither should be punished: the woman should be forgiven, and the baby should have its chance at the life the woman chose for it.

Quote:
May

Oh and one last thing- if life is so sacred, holy, sanctity, etc etc for you...lets saya guy masturbates. Will you tell him not to throw his sperm away and take care of it? :| They're his kids after all...just not..yeah. XD
Quote:
Azumao

I am pro choice. Yeah, I think if a woman gets herself pregnant multiple times because of deliberate unsafe sex, she's kinda dumb. Or irresponsible. But getting an abortion should be okay. If you believe getting an abortion is killing, then most people are murderers. Every month a woman loses and egg. That egg could potentially be a child. MURDER. Whenever a male masturbates, he releases tons of sperm. Those sperm could have been children. MURDER. That's how I see it when someone calls that bundle of cells that exists during early pregnancy a child.
They're not alive until they're fertilized, end of story.

Quote:
Posting in here lwoered your IQ, did it not? Stay out, keep yourself smart. But oh well since I'm so effing bored, I want a laugh or two over you two before I go back to something depressing like studies...
I repeat: It's really heartwarming to know you find 1.3 million babies dying each year so hilarious. Oh, and that's just in the US.

Quote:
And pro-choice has nothing to do with taxes, so that does NOT constitute a valid part of the argument. How many times do I have to define the point/meaning of pro-choice? -_- And I'm talking to NN here. Even if everyone in the world posted to you fifty times wunsch, you wouldn't get it. Oh and adotpion agencies would request grans from the government anyway- don't forget that.
If adoption agencies requested grants from the government, more power to them! As long as they don't support abortion, of course.
__________________

Quote:
SotaOMG (10:05:46 PM): i think stunky is sexy
iamnotyou11 (10:05:54 PM): Soda stop being gay
supermonkey07@cox.net (10:06:03 PM): ironic statement?
<URPG>
I can probably take some grading requests now. But don't all rush me at once. :/

Last edited by Elrond; 02-19-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 02-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,469
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: The Ethics of Abortion

My moral code in regards to this subject: Abortion is fine in the case of rape, teen uber-stupidity, and serious health concerns for the mother. Otherwise, it's called a condom. Use it.

From an ethical standpoint: If a woman wants to get an abortion, she can go right ahead. I won't judge. I mean, okay, I'll judge, but in the secret hidden corners of my brain and not openly or in a way that you could tell.

Edit: NN, I agree with you on most of those issues, except one:

Quote:
They're not alive until they're fertilized.
Depends on the way you look at this issue. If you hold the "a zygote is a potential human life" side of the issue, well, so is a sperm or egg cell. They could some day become human lives, so therefore you are wrong. If you hold the "abortion ends human life" argument, which is slightly different, you're wrong. A zygote is not human, it is a small cluster of cells that could just as easily be the zygote of any other animal in the world if not but for the number genes it has. It isn't a sentient life. In fact, by all medical and scientific standards, a zygote or embryo is nothing more than a parasite.

So, that leads us back to the point that I originally made in this thread, is it a question of ending a sentient life, ending a potential sentient life, or is the issue spiritual, i.e. life in the spiritual sense begins at conception. In the case of the first, up through the second trimester it is not a sentient life and is medically equivalent to removing a parasite or killing an animal. And anyone who would get an abortion in the third trimester for any reason, any at all, other than serious health concerns, I agree, is a monster. In the sense of ending potential human life, well, therein lies the issue. That's why I'm not quite on the boat, because that is a problem that I'm not completely decided on. And in the spiritual sense... well, that's a personal matter and goes back to personal morality, which is different from ethics.

Don't get me wrong, like I said I don't actually approve of abortion. I'm just saying, you can't base it on when life begins, scientifically or spiritually.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.

Last edited by Lord Fedora; 02-19-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 02-19-2009, 01:13 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar's Avatar
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Land of the Blue Roses
Posts: 5,865
Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar
Default Re: The Ethics of Abortion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodys_Nerd View Post
You can't take morality out of the issue. That pretty much sums up the opposition. And I've been talking on the same frequency the entire time.
Eerm no. You've been talking on a dual frequency in the argument.

Frequency A: It-was-the-womans-fault-let-her-deal-with-it MegaHertz.

Citations:
Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Sorry, but I see no choices being made here; just a bunch of girls running around thinking they can do whatever they want and then decide they don't have to face the consequences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol you again
The woman has no control over whether it should live or die, just because she's too stupid to realize that she shouldn't have had sex when she wasn't ready for the consequences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omg its you again
The fact that it's ultimately her fault she's pregnant (except in the case of rape) has to do with another point entirely. One excuse for abortion that I've seen is that she shouldn't have something she doesn't want forced on her, but then she (again, unless in the case of rape) is really the one who brought it upon herself.
Reading between the lines..oh wait reading THE lines itself suggests that you constitute mistakes as one of the factors as to why abortion should nt be allowed for the woman.

Frequency B: Morality. The-baby-is-a-being Hertz.

-------------------------

Damn Frequency B. You're right, correct, etc etc on this one. Switch to Frequency A. Just forget all your emdication and uber junk, and sum it in a few lines for an idiot like me who can't read too much because her brains hurt. Summarize it in a few lines, precis it. If you want to penalize people for their mistake, why does it have to be so harshly? And yeah, especially this point. Answer it in Frequency A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes it was you
but then she is really the one who brought it upon herself
Can't it be said for HIV as well? It was ultimately his fault?

Quote:
I repeat: It's really heartwarming to know you find 1.3 million babies dying each year so hilarious. Oh, and that's just in the US.
...Whaaat? It's 600,000. 80,000 in the U.S, go back to the previous page and lookie before spouting random st00fz.

In countries where abortion remains illegal, the risk of complications and maternal mortality is high. According to the World Health Organization, of the approximately 600,000 pregnancy-related deaths occurring annually around the world, 80,000 are associated with unsafe abortions.

Unchanged figure recently. Unless you provide citiations to prove otherwise?
Quote:
Originally Posted by An unqualified random person
-some random junk that contradicts all of the above-

Plus: And I've read the act, thank you. :)
Yes, its heartwarming. Should save the earth's resources. Do you think the family planning and other center people are fools? Not to mention the Congress which says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congess + Supreme Court Bozos
(2) A woman's decision to commence, prevent, continue, or terminate a pregnancy is one of the most intimate decisions an individual ever faces.

(3) In 1965, in Griswold v. Connecticut (381 U.S. 479), and in 1973, in Roe v. Wade (410 U.S. 113) and Doe v. Bolton (410 U.S. 179), the Supreme Court recognized the right to privacy protected by the Constitution and that such right encompassed the right of every woman to weigh the personal, moral, and religious considerations involved in deciding whether to commence, prevent, continue, or terminate a pregnancy.

In 1992, in Planned Parenthood v. Casey (505 U.S. 833), the Supreme Court observed that, `[t]he ability of women to participate equally in the economic and social life of the Nation has been facilitated by their ability to control their reproductive lives.
^ Have you considered all of the above?
Quote:
If adoption agencies requested grants from the government, more power to them! As long as they don't support abortion, of course.
And abortion and other healthcare federations shouldn't? Are we a democracy or what...?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 02-19-2009, 01:22 AM
Azumao's Avatar
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,901
Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao
Default Re: The Ethics of Abortion

Alright, Nobody's Nerd, here we go.

A hunk of cells is not a baby, in my opinion. It cannot think, act, breathe...it's just there. A plant is a hunk of cells in the same way a zygote is, and I don't think you'd be offended if somebody killed a plant.

So, if a woman aborts a zygote, I think she's morally alright. And having a baby is a lot harder than you think. What if she gets raped? I wouldn't want to have a 'mistake' child. Is it her fault she got raped? How DARE her have a ******! Yeah, I don't think so.

And what if the condom breaks? She was having safe sex. Again, she did nothing wrong. She shouldn't have to deal with that.

Abortions are not an easy option to choose, but it's NOBODY'S right to take that option away. There are plenty of worse things going on in the world than abortion, I promise. Let people abort unwanted pregnancies, the baby's not alive yet. It's a bunch of cells. That's like saying an arm is a life. And, sorry to ruin your argument, but it's not.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 02-19-2009, 01:31 AM
Elrond's Avatar
Elrond Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere in the USA
Posts: 2,465
Send a message via AIM to Elrond
Default Re: The Ethics of Abortion

Quote:
Damn Frequency B. You're right, correct, etc etc on this one. Switch to Frequency A. Just forget all your emdication and uber junk, and sum it in a few lines for an idiot like me who can't read too much because her brains hurt. Summarize it in a few lines, precis it. If you want to penalize people for their mistake, why does it have to be so harshly? And yeah, especially this point. Answer it in Frequency A.
Okay, frequency A...

1) Except in the case of rape, the fact that a woman is pregnant is ultimately her fault.
2) This does not mean that she should not receive outside help; in fact I believe she should.
3) Mistakes when making bad decisions are one of the reasons abortion should not be allowed. It wasn't the babies fault it's there.
4) Reread point 2.

If that's still not what you're looking for, I'm not sure what is.

Quote:
...Whaaat? It's 600,000. 80,000 in the U.S, go back to the previous page and lookie before spouting random st00fz.

In countries where abortion remains illegal, the risk of complications and maternal mortality is high. According to the World Health Organization, of the approximately 600,000 pregnancy-related deaths occurring annually around the world, 80,000 are associated with unsafe abortions.

Unchanged figure recently. Unless you provide citiations to prove otherwise?
This is a citation of the 1.3 million abortions each year figure. It's a little ways down the page.

This is another. It gives the figure 1.37 million in the US each year.

The quote you gave is the death rate of mothers in pregnancy-related deaths, not aborted babies. Simple misunderstanding.

Quote:
And abortion and other healthcare federations shouldn't? Are we a democracy or what...?
In my opinion, no, they should not receive support. Well, in the case of the latter, they shouldn't if they support abortions.
__________________

Quote:
SotaOMG (10:05:46 PM): i think stunky is sexy
iamnotyou11 (10:05:54 PM): Soda stop being gay
supermonkey07@cox.net (10:06:03 PM): ironic statement?
<URPG>
I can probably take some grading requests now. But don't all rush me at once. :/

Last edited by Elrond; 02-19-2009 at 01:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 02-19-2009, 01:36 AM
Finch's Avatar
Finch Offline
Inazuma
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 5,201
Send a message via Skype™ to Finch
Default Re: The Ethics of Abortion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumao View Post
Alright, Nobody's Nerd, here we go.

A hunk of cells is not a baby, in my opinion. It cannot think, act, breathe...it's just there. A plant is a hunk of cells in the same way a zygote is, and I don't think you'd be offended if somebody killed a plant.

So, if a woman aborts a zygote, I think she's morally alright. And having a baby is a lot harder than you think. What if she gets raped? I wouldn't want to have a 'mistake' child. Is it her fault she got raped? How DARE her have a ******! Yeah, I don't think so.

And what if the condom breaks? She was having safe sex. Again, she did nothing wrong. She shouldn't have to deal with that.

Abortions are not an easy option to choose, but it's NOBODY'S right to take that option away. There are plenty of worse things going on in the world than abortion, I promise. Let people abort unwanted pregnancies, the baby's not alive yet. It's a bunch of cells. That's like saying an arm is a life. And, sorry to ruin your argument, but it's not.
Points noted, but we'd already discussed those problems, and I'm sure that nobody here's going to deny a woman's right to abort in those situations. NN and others have all agreed on this.

Still, NN, a woman's right to an abortion shouldn't be limited to those situations, as it is ultimately her body to do what she wants with up until very late on in pregnancy when the baby can be sensibly considered a separate entity. Even after fertilisation (which is spelt with an "s") you've still got a bunch of meaningless cells for a while.

Morality, while obviously an important factor for all parties, doesn't even come into it at this stage, which is exactly what you've been ignoring for all this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NN
I repeat: It's really heartwarming to know you find 1.3 million babies dying each year so hilarious. Oh, and that's just in the US.
Just stfu, nobody's getting personal here. It's not called for.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 02-19-2009, 01:39 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar's Avatar
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Land of the Blue Roses
Posts: 5,865
Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar
Default Re: The Ethics of Abortion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodys_Nerd View Post
Okay, frequency A...

1) Except in the case of rape, the fact that a woman is pregnant is ultimately her fault.
2) This does not mean that she should not receive outside help; in fact I believe she should.
3) Mistakes when making bad decisions are one of the reasons abortion should not be allowed. It wasn't the babies fault it's there.
4) Reread point 2.
Now we're getting somewhere.

So if its the mans fault that he gets AIDS, should he be refused medication by your own extraordinarily flawed (I won't call it logic...more like weird thinking) Yes, don't make me repeat by asking you to go along Frequency A yet again.

Oh and wasn't U.S built upon the laws guaranteeing individual and privacy rights and letting the people decide what to do with their own body?

Quote:
And this is a citation of the 1.3 million abortions each year figure. It's a little ways down the page.

This is another. It gives the figure 1.37 million in the US each year.
Oh I should have specified. provide NEUTRAL resources/links. Example: Media, United Nations, Etc Etc resource based.

Have fun Azumao. I'll be back when I cool off. And after my friend(s) join PE2K to see this for real.

Becky-louise x says:
Is he for real? rofl

Lucky says:
Yes, or he's some weird mirage

Becky-louise x says:
You convinced me to join tomorrow.
__________________

Last edited by Snow Fairy Sugar; 02-19-2009 at 01:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 02-19-2009, 01:50 AM
Elrond's Avatar
Elrond Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere in the USA
Posts: 2,465
Send a message via AIM to Elrond
Default Re: The Ethics of Abortion

Quote:
Oh and wasn't U.S built upon the laws guaranteeing individual and privacy rights and letting the people decide what to do with their own body?
I stand by the belief that the baby is not the woman's body, but we've obviously reached an impasse there, so I'm not going to touch the issue.

Quote:
Oh I should have specified. provide NEUTRAL resources/links. Example: Media, United Nations, Etc Etc resource based.
The media is not neutral, and will never be. But I think these might be a bit more neutral:

1
2 - I'm honestly not sure which way this one is supposed to be leaning. :P

And now, like May, I'm taking my leave. I honestly doubt most people are going to bother changing their opinion no matter how much either of us post. So, ttfn. Maybe.
__________________

Quote:
SotaOMG (10:05:46 PM): i think stunky is sexy
iamnotyou11 (10:05:54 PM): Soda stop being gay
supermonkey07@cox.net (10:06:03 PM): ironic statement?
<URPG>
I can probably take some grading requests now. But don't all rush me at once. :/
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 02-19-2009, 11:20 PM
fullmetal's Avatar
fullmetal Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,833
Send a message via AIM to fullmetal
Default Re: The Ethics of Abortion

Think of it like this to all you Pro-Life people. Maybe "God" wanted the unborn to die from an abortion.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com